ADVERTISEMENT

Battle of the big men: Edey v Clingan

Yes I think he's better than Davis was as a freshman here. What did Davis do that he doesn't? He avg 12 points a game . Clingan is great at the college basketball level
You are underestimating how he controls the game. Almost all of our fans do the same thing

As a Freshman Davis averaged more points, rebounds, steals, same assists and twice as many blocks per game as the Sophomore Clingan. AD was the best college center in CBB since Marcus Camby and Shaq. He swept every major award he could win.

Furthermore, he was far better than Greg Oden too...that is another laughable one.

You all right man?

As a Freshman Davis averaged more points, rebounds, steals, same assists and twice as many blocks per game as the Sophomore Clingan. AD was the best college center in CBB since Marcus Camby and Shaq. He swept every major award he could win.

Furthermore, he was far better than Greg Oden too...that is another laughable one.

You all right man?
Dude I was fn with cowtown relax

I was more impressed with the non-shooting aspects of Clingan's game. He passes well out of the post. He blocks out like a Baltimore bridge. And there's a birds-around-a-lighthouse aspect to the UConn offense. He's tall enough and strong enough and -- just as important -- quick enough to create a real low core that can get out of the way and let UConn's shooters shoot.

Edey is much better than clingan imo but UConn has the far superior players.

Going to be interesting to watch these guys finally play someone their size.

I was told by Rafters that the traditional big man was a thing of the past and all they do is clog the lane. I was told that the game has changed and you can’t win this way now. Hmmmm
You just identified why UConn will dominate Purdue. Clingan is agile and mobile, and can when appropriate be a bit hostile. Main point ... Clingan doesn't "clog the lane." I'm looking forward to observing how Dan Hurley defends against Edey.
ESPN website shows UConn -6..5 at 9:00 p.m., EDT on Sunday night. I think UConn covers.

You just identified why UConn will dominate Purdue. Clingan is agile and mobile, and can when appropriate be a bit hostile. Main point ... Clingan doesn't "clog the lane." I'm looking forward to observing how Dan Hurley defends against Edey.
ESPN website shows UConn -6..5 at 9:00 p.m., EDT on Sunday night. I think UConn covers.
Look at the final 4. Back to the basket big men. I expect UConn to win too because they are the better team. But not because they play the “modern style”. Otherwise we would be watching bama play.

Teams that execute, win. Style does not matter.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT