ADVERTISEMENT

Bates gets future cast to memphis

Well yes, someone wins a title every year. It makes sense that if 348 schools are doing it one way, they're going to have examples of it working. I also must have missed the Gonzaga title with 20 years of trying it your way despite a consistently easy path.

If there were a guaranteed formula, everyone would do it. There isn't.

Nova has more early flameouts over the last 15 years than just about anyone. They also watched Quinerly transfer to Alabama and be great this year.

Baylor was a team built with the same transfers you don't seem to want either.

I guess what I'm getting at is if your general disposition is to be unhappy, you're going to be.

You've been around here long enough to remember that the days people pine for now had us on here every day defending the method, program and coach then too. Even when we won in '12 they felt vindicated the next year.

So what do you actually want? Because if you're mad he's not getting the elite kids and you're mad when he plays the non elite kids like Askew, and you're mad when he plays them a varying amount and they transfer, and you're mad when we land transfers then what is it that'll make you happy? Specifically.
Nothing will, most people were tired of overrated players and wanted experience. Cal goes out and recruits talented expierence and doesn’t land the best freshman left and now we want those studs again. I really like the makeup of this team. We have some shooters, depth, and experience.

Reactions: Jperry1987
Nice to see the “he sucks anyway” crowd has came out. Wash, rinse and repeat next year when we miss that star player.

“we don’t need Jaylen Brown”
“we don’t need Jarrett Allen”
“we don’t need Trae Young!”
“we don’t need Zion Williamson”
“we don’t need Jaden McDaniels”
“we don’t need Cade Cunningham”
Don’t forget that all these players are “Scared” of competition

Reactions: RunninRichie
Duren is why I posted this. It’s been talked about for a few days that Bates and Duren are thinking about teaming up at Memphis. Cal didn’t take Kofi because he felt like he was landing Duren. Now he’s about to lose both it appears.

Was Cal quoted saying this about not wanting Kofi because he thought he was getting Duren? If so, please post.

I think what you are seeing is frustration.

Cal continues to put all his eggs in the one-and-done basket, but he hasn’t landed the big fish since the '14 class. All he's getting are 2nd tier kids that need years of work, but only stay 1 year after they use UK.

If you're going to play this game, you better get the big fish and Cal continues to miss, but he continues to piss into the wind.

You can take shots at those that are calling a spade a spade if you want to, but it’s pretty disturbing when we're seeing Penny Hardaway take Cal's lunch like this. Now it looks like John Scheyer is going to do it too.

Ole Jeff, with yet again , the dumbest post you will see today! At least it was Ritchie this time...

• Love
Reactions: gharding07
Prediction: Penny gets Duren and Bates, wins the American, and makes the Sweet Sixteen with Larry Brown doing the coaching for him. Memphis fans go nuts and call Penny the next GOAT. LOL!

Nice to see the “he sucks anyway” crowd has came out. Wash, rinse and repeat next year when we miss that star player.

“we don’t need Jaylen Brown”
“we don’t need Jarrett Allen”
“we don’t need Trae Young!”
“we don’t need Zion Williamson”
“we don’t need Jaden McDaniels”
“we don’t need Cade Cunningham”
Who wants to pull up that thread from last season where some posters stated Cunningham would never be heard from again after choosing to attend Oklahoma State?

Reactions: RunninRichie
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT