ADVERTISEMENT

Bagley Files for Reclassification

DTXCat

Sophomore
Gold Member
May 2, 2017
Dallas, Texas
According to Scout, Bagley applied for reclassification so he can play this upcoming season. I feel like everyone knew this would happen, but now it's official. Hope we still have a shot at him.

If it's not Kentucky, lets hope it's USC. I don't know why, but when a kid starts talking about reclassification, it's usually Duke. I would really hate to see a legit talent like Bagley playing at Duke. This kid will be a beast for whatever school he decides to play at, but if I ever have to see Bagley slapping the floor after a blocked shot, I'll probably be sick to my stomach. This kid has more of a Cal type player look more so than coach K.

I really hope we get the full details of how a kid with his academic career skips a grade at the end of July.

I'm not saying he's not an intelligent kid, either. I'm saying the adults around him put him in situations where I just don't see any way he can be eligible. I would have expected him to have some issues if he had stayed in 18, but as a 17 recruit is absurd.

How does that even work? How can you reclassify in the middle of summer when school is out?
I'm willing to believe it took some extra doing in Bagley's case since I haven't gotten the sense he had the strongest academic record even when he was on the four year plan.

But the bare fact of reclassifying in July is not unusual at all. My office mate's daughter incidentally also signed her paperwork to reclassify this morning.

UNC has been proven to have cheated. If you think Duke has to cheat then you must think we do as well.
Nothing is PROVEN about UNCheat yet, technically. Again, I never said Duke did cheat. But, if you think for a second that Duke doesn't play by different rules, I don't know what to tell you. You think if Enes Kanter went to Duke he would have been ruled ineligible? Let's do a hypothetical here.

I really hope we get the full details of how a kid with his academic career skips a grade at the end of July.

I'm not saying he's not an intelligent kid, either. I'm saying the adults around him put him in situations where I just don't see any way he can be eligible. I would have expected him to have some issues if he had stayed in 18, but as a 17 recruit is absurd.

I'm sure it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy as a teacher that a kid can now pick up a high school diploma at the McDonald's drive thru.

Had he gone to Hardee's, he might have been Salutatorian.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat

I'm sure it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy as a teacher that a kid can now pick up a high school diploma at the McDonald's drive thru.

It's not like Senior English and Math are important. Maybe he buckled down and comoleteled them this summer juuuuuuuuust in case. Ha.

Reactions: GonzoCat90
Nothing is PROVEN about UNCheat yet, technically. Again, I never said Duke did cheat. But, if you think for a second that Duke doesn't play by different rules, I don't know what to tell you. You think if Enes Kanter went to Duke he would have been ruled ineligible? Let's do a hypothetical here.
I kind of agree with that. They may have rules applied to them differently, perhaps. It is pretty hypocritical of them to take a kid at an 'academic institution' like Duke is who probably has only maybe done the bare minimum, but such is the world of student athletes.

I kind of agree with that. They may have rules applied to them differently, perhaps. It is pretty hypocritical of them to take a kid at an 'academic institution' like Duke is who probably has only maybe done the bare minimum, but such is the world of student athletes.
That's all I was saying.

Noel reclassified.

Towns reclassified.

Murray and Humphries reclassified.

Wynyard reclassified.

I guess Diallo technically reclassified.

Lots of guys reclassify. Most of the high profile ones are looking to get to the league early.

A lot of times that means they go to UK, since it's the best place to get ready for the pros in one or two seasons.

It has been pretty common for UK under Cal, but several other schools have had guys reclassify.

Duke has had Thornton a couple years back and I remember the Dawkins kid did back a few years ago. I don't recall any others recently.

Maybe I just didn't pay close enough attention, but did any of them do so in July? It just seems really late in the summer.

I still think Michigan st and Arizona have better title hopes than Duke if he goes there, Duke has alex o Connell as their only backcourt depth, people are overlooking how thin they'll be albeit only in the backcourt if they got Bagley assuming bolden stays put. UK and USC would be the title favorites depending on who got him. USC is loaded, I know a few people here don't know that.

Truthfully, it's no worse than the kids that get handed one just for sitting there quietly for 13 straight years. At least this kid has a plan and a purpose for his hollow degree.

Reactions: Big_Blue79 and Aike
Still a good possibility he reclassifies and is never elgiible for college. That still puts him in the 2018 draft. Plus, he can go overseas and make money, if he wants.

Looks like USC is the most likely destination, if he goes to college, though.

Reactions: gossie21
How much must Bolden be sweating right now? Talked into staying another year to be featured, and if Bagley goes there, Bolden will play as little as possible.

That's being said I hope he owes to UK or USC.

ADVERTISEMENT