ADVERTISEMENT

Bagley announcing college decision tomorrow night

Duval and Bagley in one class?

There are no rules or standards anymore. We're stupid to not have DeAndre Ayton starting at center this year.

Get the best players you can, however you can get them. Anything else is fighting with an arm tied behind your back. Because Duke is taking everyone. Arizona is taking everyone. Kansas is taking everyone.
Gotta wonder if Cal is skittish after the Kanter debacle and he doesn't want to risk it. Can't say I blame him. If we got Bagley, Ayton, or Duvall, there would be a much lower chance of them being cleared than when they go to Duke or Arizona.

I don't mean they're better than us. I just mean it's stupid to pass on guys who are supremely talented when none of our competition is holding to the same standard.

Cal seems to be concerned (I think he has developed this over time) with recruit AND their family character. (Not how much they have but what the family is about. The money is nearly certain if Cal offers them but the family has to be about doing the right thing.) That is just my observation from afar. Could be wrong but I also think Cal wants to be the gold standard as he stated. You only do that by setting the standards! I like it! jmuo

Duval - not recruited heavily by many power programs and said to be not likely to be cleared.
Ayton - Begged for UK offer, but was shown no interest because of eligibility issues.
Bagley - many experts said there was questions about his 2017 eligibility
Most KU recruits - question marks about eligibility
Renardo Sidney - took $11k of impermissable benefits, a loan, plus had rent paid for
Derrick Rose - declared eligible after having no concerns, then declared ineligible after playing one year because the ACT janitor said he cheated on his test
Kanter - took $32k towards his education (which every prep school does), but the money went to his dad instead of his school. Kanter's dad documented all of the money, gave it to the school, and had $2k left over. Kanter's dad left the money in a seperate bank account to give back in case the NCAA questioned his son's eligibility.

Duval - cleared with no problems
Ayton - cleared with no problems
Bagley- if he goes to Duke...cleared with no problems
Most KU recruits - everything is A-OK
Sidney - has to miss some games and pay back the money, but cleared
Rose - Sorry Memphis, but JC was your coach and we have to take your banner now.
Kanter- nope, nope, nope...you were bad and decommitted fromWashington to play for the devil

efffff Bagley. I'll take our super athletic team of long small forwards with a defensive minded center in Richards.

Reactions: JC43
This was a lose-lose situation. Goes to UK- ineligible. But he will get cleared to play at Duke (an academic school) after having issues qualifying for college.

It is starting to get frustrating. Who was the last player we got that was a consensus #1 player in the class?

Bagley isn't consensus #1, at least in 2018. Meyer has Williamson #1. But the last time UK landed a guy that most had #1 was Davis. Meyer had Rivers at #1 that year. Noel was also ranked #1 by a few, I think, after reclassifying to 2012. John Wall wasn't ranked #1 by everyone, either. One site had Avery Bradley #1, I think, and another had Derrick Favors.

It makes sense if you really think about it:

What does a white squirrel have to do with anything? Well, it's a white squirrel which is quite rare and unique. Do you know what else is rare and unique? John Calipari's recruiting ability. John Calipari's recruiting ability is rare an unique, and what does John Calipari like to do with that ability? He likes to troll Duke into believing they get recruits like Kevin Knox. Kevin Knox. What an interesting last name...what else has the word Knox in it...hmm...oh, that's right! Fort Knox! What's in Fort Knox? Gold. What does gold have to do with anything tho? Wait a minute...John Calipari said Kentucky is the gold standard of college basketball!

It all makes sense now! John Calipari is saying that Marvin Bagley is the white squirrel! He's the unique, rare talent that Calipari wants, and Calipari is going to use his supernatural recruiting ability to troll Duke into believing they will get Bagley like he did with Knox to bring Marving Bagley home to the gold standard of college basketball, the University of Kentucky Wildcats!!!

If he goes to Duke , they're the favorites and will be really good. With the talent they'll have zero reason for them to be anything less than Final Four.

Meanwhile, Bolden gets crapped on again...

We're stupid to not have DeAndre Ayton starting at center this year.

Get the best players you can, however you can get them

@GonzoCat90 That's what I've been saying all along. Who cares as long as they're eligible to play every game. W could have Ayton and Preston both right now, and who knows ??? Maybe Duval if we'd recruited him.

Look at this below. What we could (Should) have if Cal didn't have beef with those schools or whatever)

Green
Diallo
Knox
Washington
Ayton

Alexander
Baker
Gabriel
Vanderbilt
Richards

Looks a lot better right That's because we have a stud, superstar player at the 5 instead of SKJ and Richards who are good prospects, but not a superstar talent like Ayton. We may have been able to land Robinson or Duval had we recruited them. Wo cares as long as they're eligible. And like Robinson now. We should be all over the kid. That's all we MAY be lacking is a big time C. But hell who knows what we'll see outta SKJ and/or Richards, lmao but again. neither is Ayton.

Duval and Bagley in one class?

There are no rules or standards anymore. We're stupid to not have DeAndre Ayton starting at center this year.

Get the best players you can, however you can get them. Anything else is fighting with an arm tied behind your back. Because Duke is taking everyone. Arizona is taking everyone. Kansas is taking everyone.
I've been saying this, the fact that we didnt recruit Ayton really bothers me. He would've came to UK.

I can tell you it's Duke & it's the reason K cancelled the trip & decided to go ahead & have surgery. Staff was worried the team would gel & it would disrupt chemistry when Bagley arrives on campus this fall.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT