ADVERTISEMENT

Bagley announcing college decision tomorrow night

I really want to be a fan of this kid. If he doesn't go to UK then I was hoping for a west coast team. Duke is a non starter of course.

Duval and Bagley in one class?

There are no rules or standards anymore. We're stupid to not have DeAndre Ayton starting at center this year.

Get the best players you can, however you can get them. Anything else is fighting with an arm tied behind your back. Because Duke is taking everyone. Arizona is taking everyone. Kansas is taking everyone.

If he goes to Duke that will make them hard to beat. Getting Duval and Bagley eligible for 2017 could only happen at Duke so of course that's where they both end up.

There are no rules or standards anymore. We're stupid to not have DeAndre Ayton starting at center this year.

Get the best players you can, however you can get them. Anything else is fighting with an arm tied behind your back. Because Duke is taking everyone. Arizona is taking everyone. Kansas is taking everyone.
Not so fast kemosabe. You still need guys who can be cohesive. Creating an ultra talented AAU team isn't the best recipe imo. For all we know, Duke may have 2-3 prima donnas again. Kansas can keep their cancers, it hasn't gotten them far.

Reactions: IrishMike409

It is starting to get frustrating. Who was the last player we got that was a consensus #1 player in the class? These other programs are taking them however they can get them. We seem to just pass on anyone with any question marks. I get why we don't, but I can't watch Duke win another title.

It sucks to see them get a last minute lifeline like this, but that roster still doesn't have any depth.
No viable PG? Get Duval really late in the Spring.

Need more than Carter as a real threat in the post? Get Bagley days before school begins. Wow that's some late rallying recruiting-wise!!!

Ha Ha Ha....yeah Ole Cal is slipping...[eyeroll]

Cal hasn't missed too many that he wanted.

Duke will start four Freshman and a head case Senior.

Not sure they are overwhelming favorite, even with Bagley.

But, let's call them that and let the pressure of being expected to cut down the nets weigh on them all year.

Heavy is the head that wears the crown.

If Duke gets Bagley, Kansas gets Robinson then next year is going to be a competitive season. Legit contenders would be Arizona, Michigan State, Duke, Kansas, Kentucky and maybe even USC.

Not so fast kemosabe. You still need guys who can be cohesive. Creating an ultra talented AAU team isn't the best recipe imo. For all we know, Duke may have 2-3 prima donnas again. Kansas can keep their cancers, it hasn't gotten them far.

I don't mean they're better than us. I just mean it's stupid to pass on guys who are supremely talented when none of our competition is holding to the same standard.

We will see, duke commits usually act like trent and carter and flaunt and brag about there future commitment. Bagley is not letting a word out about what his camp is going to do, so how would evan Daniels all of a sudden know he is an instant duke lock, i think this is a game that is not over yet..

It's a big blow if he goes to Duke.I have watched that kid play for years and no doubt he is a special talent.If Bamba had come it wouldn't have hurt as much but I have doubts about Richards and SKJ being able to handle things inside.

Damn.This just sucks on so many levels.At one time it sounded good for Bagley to UK and now this crap.I hope losing out on Bagley and Bamba doesn't cost us a title.:uzi:

It is starting to get frustrating. Who was the last player we got that was a consensus #1 player in the class? These other programs are taking them however they can get them. We seem to just pass on anyone with any question marks. I get why we don't, but I can't watch Duke win another title.
I don't think it really matters who the #1 player in the class is. Would you rather have had Okafor over KAT? Favors over Wall?

Much more important to get a balanced class than go out and get the #1 recruit imo.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT