ADVERTISEMENT

Austin MacGinness

Just amazing he can’t land a steady NFL gig. I don’t get it.
I agree but there are always FA kickers on the market who are at least somewhat proven. A lot of times guys who were serviceable get cut to make way for money that goes to another position of more importance. He just needs a shot and he hasn't received it yet. His window may be closing but I hope not.

I think what holds him back is the kickoff game. My memory is foggy but I think he rarely did kickoff or if ever and left it to McKinniss before he transferred to Mizzou.

I've seen some of the crap that NFL kickers miss. I couldn't do a thing if I was in their position, but you know who could? Austin MacGinness. Consistent as hell.

Reactions: NewWildcatOrder
Just amazing he can’t land a steady NFL gig. I don’t get it.

It is just an extremely tough gig to get. Kickers last forever in the league, so spots don't come available that often. Even less so because coaches like to stick to the names and faces that they believe they can trust. So, new kickers have a harder time breaking into the pack of the trusted few. Then there is a steady stream of new kickers each year, so the numbers game is always against you.

Reactions: JDHoss
I've seen some of the crap that NFL kickers miss. I couldn't do a thing if I was in their position, but you know who could? Austin MacGinness. Consistent as hell.

Mac missed a 40 yard attempt against the Chargers on Saturday. If you're trying to latch on as a FA, that's tough to overcome. He'll probably be on a list of guys who might get another call at some point.

Mac missed a 40 yard attempt against the Chargers on Saturday. If you're trying to latch on as a FA, that's tough to overcome. He'll probably be on a list of guys who might get another call at some point.
Seriously? That's uncharacteristic. I'll eat crow for that one. Honestly had no idea.

Damn.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT