ADVERTISEMENT

Article: Alonzo Ball looked checked out in bubble

There are times Lonzo looks like a burned out tennis player who is sick of his psycho controlling father who has made the game a horrible experience. He played pretty well during normal NBA year, but that Bubble play was less than you get from a player at a charity game trying to have fun but avoid being injured.

He is playing a lot like his college year....less the shooting acumen

Even at UCLA he was a passer but not an effort guys on defense nor one to stick his nose in for a tough rebound. And he never ran a frenetic pace with the ball.

Why he graded so high in draft especially after Fox blew him up was another NBA cared more about a big PG than his actual outputs

Well NO is going to have a new coach, so I'd say a lot is up in the air. Maybe Gentry was the problem. I think that is one of the reasons AD wanted out of there.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Ball was over rated in collage and he is just an average pro

Over his first three three seasons, in an average of just 54 games a season, Ball's chucked out 11 points per game on 39% shooting from the field, 34% from the three, and 48% from the free-throw line (that's worse than Shaq). Ball's career PER is a dismal 12.5 (the league average is 15), so he's well below average.

At this point I don't see any of his shooting problems ever getting fixed. He'll be a serviceable player for a few more seasons due to his passing and defense, but six or seven years from now he'll probably be out of the league and only really remembered for his dad's classless antics.

Fox cost him a couple million at least in that tournament game. That’s an ass whoopin’.

Reactions: Blueaz
Fox cost him a couple million at least in that tournament game. That’s an ass whoopin’.

Maybe more. Is there a more lopsided individual rivalry in the NBA right now? It seems Fox has made it his mission to destroy Ball every chance he gets. And every time they meet, it seems more and more doubt is cast on Ball.

Last edited:
Well NO is going to have a new coach, so I'd say a lot is up in the air. Maybe Gentry was the problem. I think that is one of the reasons AD wanted out of there.
Gentry is NOT a good coach by any stretch, and Lonzo is NOT a good teammate by any a stretch... and only an okay backup PG

Reactions: Ky grandpa
giphy.gif

His supporters bring up that he’s a great defender & apparently there’s some stats to back it up, but I’ve never really seen it. Of course I don’t spend much time watching the Pelicans anyway, now that they’ve gotten rid of all their UK players.

Reactions: chroix
I don't think it's all that surprising. Obviously, the stands are empty, coupled with TV ratings that have plummeted, their egos are telling them if no one is watching - why play hard?

Lonzo shared a Twitter post where Alvin Gentry was drawing up a play and everyone was just looking at him like “WTF!!??”. The post said something to the effect of “Dont let the door hit you on the way out”. I don’t think Lonzo wants to be in New Orleans and he definitely hated playing for Gentry.

Lonzo shared a Twitter post where Alvin Gentry was drawing up a play and everyone was just looking at him like “WTF!!??”. The post said something to the effect of “Dont let the door hit you on the way out”. I don’t think Lonzo wants to be in New Orleans and he definitely hated playing for Gentry.
I don’t think many on the team had much respect from the team given how careless they played. His firing was unsurprising, you can’t keep a coach who is that poor at getting his team to play hard.

Above average passer, below average scorer, and happens to have officially become the adopted son of Dearon Fox.

He will have a long but otherwise unnoteworthy career.

Reactions: chroix
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT