ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone remember

When we beat teams like St Joes by 30 in Rupp?
If you watched the game, they took advantage of us not having a single big. And between that and then going off from 3, this was the result?
Which team are you referring to that wing games by 30? Which we have done this year already btw.
Kentucky is good. And will be really good when we get the bigs back

Defense really needs work. I like that Cal has opened up the offense this year so far, but this game was screaming for zone. I'll take the W these days, though.
This game was screaming for zone when they were killing us on the boards eraly in the game??

When we beat teams like St Joes by 30 in Rupp?
A wins a win. I remember when we lost to Gardner Webb and VMI and Evansville. I remember 9-16 and the NIT years. These games are good for us. If you blow everyone out it's easy to get a false sense of how good you are. Those days you're referring to was probably when guys stuck around 3-4 yrs and had chemistry. Imagine if this group stuck around or 2012 if that group had stuck around and so on. We gonna have barn burners against shitty teams from time to time. St Joe's is not as bad as a Evansville or Stonehill. I'll take a W when I can get it without being disappointed. I may be disappointed at times in the performance but I'm gonna be happy that we got it done with a Win. I know some will holler moral victory moral victory moral victory. And I'm holler VICTORY is moral!!

Reactions: grevey35
Patience man, we’re young. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Had to listen on iheart tonight and Leach said we're the 7th youngest D1 team. Three point D needs work as it always does it seems, but I think this team needed a game like this. It may be St Joes but those guys were on heaters all night. They also had some size which we don't at the moment. We're gonna be fine.

Reactions: grevey35
This game was screaming for zone when they were killing us on the boards eraly in the game??
You're worried they might kill us on the boards when they're....already killing us on the boards? It would help with rim protection and penetration. Getting outrebounded and not defending the three anyway. Change something.

Reactions: dl51344
I bet you hate orgasms.
I've said before that my sweet mother used to say "you'd bitch if you were hung with a gold rope." This here makes that point even better and I've never heard it before. Thanks. I'm going to use that one tomorrow morning drinking coffee with the boys at Hardees.

Reactions: Rockfly78
A wins a win. I remember when we lost to Gardner Webb and VMI and Evansville. I remember 9-16 and the NIT years. These games are good for us. If you blow everyone out it's easy to get a false sense of how good you are. Those days you're referring to was probably when guys stuck around 3-4 yrs and had chemistry. Imagine if this group stuck around or 2012 if that group had stuck around and so on. We gonna have barn burners against shitty teams from time to time. St Joe's is not as bad as a Evansville or Stonehill. I'll take a W when I can get it without being disappointed. I may be disappointed at times in the performance but I'm gonna be happy that we got it done with a Win. I know some will holler moral victory moral victory moral victory. And I'm holler VICTORY is moral!!
If you sit back and notice... This board won't be happy all season. We have one of the best teams since nov 2014 , good shooters everywhere, fun style and should have beaten the #1 team in America...... All you see around here is negative comments.

UK was -37 Friday night and -15.5 tonight. Not all mid majors are the same. Essandoko is listed at 7'0 285 pounds and they grabbed 14 offensive boards due to our lack of size. They hit 15 of 36 3s against Stonehill and won by 44 while scoring 100, hit 6-30 against Commerce and lost while barely breaking 50. They are high risk, high reward and tonight it almost worked. Play this game tomorrow and they hit 10 3s instead, we win by 15+ and we forget this game ever happened a week from now.

The main reason they hung in was hitting 3's and rebounding. How does that scream a need for zone?
I swear some people have no idea what they are watching. Yes, there have been many games where switching to zone could have helped. Tonight was definitely not one of them.

We gambled way too much and communicated on switches poorly. This will get better with time.

A bit, but curiosity about my orgasms is a bit suspect.
Suggesting he go down to the whore house to ask his mother (subject expert) for the answer, is for sure funny...
Lame. The dude picture was the only thing keeping you off ignore this long but I'm done.

Last edited:
Play this game in March and we likely cover the 15 point spread. We were never going to beat that team by a large margin in November, not without our big men, and with our youth and inexperience.

And no, a zone would have gotten us beat. There have been many times over the years Cal should have employed a zone, but that game was not one of those times.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Yeah.

But I also remember the last 3 years where we always lose these games. Really happy they showed some resiliency and Cal actually did some coaching in OT.
I still can’t get over that play Cal drew up were Dj passed it off the back board to Edwards for the slam.

Reactions: RunninRichie
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT