ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone know who the other players(beside Rodriguez and Wright) are that could miss games??

catben

All-American
Sep 13, 2003
This thing is spiraling into something that could derail a great season!!!

Stoops mentioned that MULTIPLE players COULD miss games, but couldn't tell who or why.

Wow still no finality on the suspensions. You guys about ready to join me on frustration island yet?
Stoops is not even calling them suspensions.
This is getting absurd!

To me, his word choice of "unavailable to play" instead of suspension makes me think he doesn't think they really did anything wrong (i.e. suspended for breaking team rules, etc).

Also, when referring to the decision, he has used phrases like "my bosses have bosses", etc, alluding to something outside his scope of authority.

This is concerning to me b/c these guys may get dinged for something so arbitrary with no real precedent.

Reactions: catben
depth-chart.jpg

Reactions: JasonRDunn
To me, his word choice of "unavailable to play" instead of suspension makes me think he doesn't think they really did anything wrong (i.e. suspended for breaking team rules, etc).

Also, when referring to the decision, he has used phrases like "my bosses have bosses", etc, alluding to something outside his scope of authority.

This is concerning to me b/c these guys may get dinged for something so arbitrary with no real precedent.
Im starting to think this may drag out and it is officially a dark cloud over the program. I tried to tell the board this last week and I got the ole HH is off his meds again bs.

I get rodriguezs getting a game or two for the DUI that’s pretty self explanatory, but all the other players if the media and some of the coaches think they shouldn’t be suspended then all this is stupid and somebody needs to speak up and say what they did or they should be able to play

I get rodriguezs getting a game or two for the DUI that’s pretty self explanatory, but all the other players if the media and some of the coaches think they shouldn’t be suspended then all this is stupid and somebody needs to speak up and say what they did or they should be able to play
The secrecy is worrisome.

Very. Unless this is something embarrassing to the players, and I don't think it is, the utter lack of transparency in this is troubling.
Him saying a few players for multiple games is very worrisome if it’s something not serious like some are suggesting

Very. Unless this is something embarrassing to the players, and I don't think it is, the utter lack of transparency in this is troubling.
This sounds like a students rights issue that keeps Stoops from commenting on it, but what I don't understand is why the actual players involved aren't commenting on it.

Him saying a few players for multiple games is very worrisome if it’s something not serious like some are suggesting

Is the school telling the players not to answer any questions on the subject? Do the players have attorney's telling them not to comment on it?

Has any media member asked Chris or Jordan directly what this is about?

This sounds like a students rights issue that keeps Stoops from commenting on it, but what I don't understand is why the actual players involved aren't commenting on it.

Is the school telling the players not to answer any questions on the subject? Do the players have attorney's telling them not to comment on it?

Exactly, this is all very odd and I'm not sure how FERPA is involved. As soon as Stoops said he had bosses and his bosses have bosses it's easy to see this is a UK matter, not a Stoops matter. That said, if I'm Stoops and disagree with these suspensions I'd tell the administration exactly what they could do with it.

Reactions: catben
It would seem that all who are listed on the 2-deep chart are not impacted. As such, are there players expected to be in the 2-deep who are missing, other than CRod & J Wright? "Others" may well be players who were not on the 2-deep anyway.

Coach Speak:
Multiple players can be 2. Stoops knows easily seeing CROD and WRIGHT out make it obvious that those 2 guys are out for the specific reason. So to not confirm anything as Student rights violation he says multiple guys. He expects some back next week. Some of 2 is 1. Again Coach Speak. My 2 cents. lol

Coach Speak:
Multiple players can be 2. Stoops knows easily seeing CROD and WRIGHT out make it obvious that those 2 guys are out for the specific reason. So to not confirm anything as Student rights violation he says multiple guys. He expects some back next week. Some of 2 is 1. Again Coach Speak. My 2 cents. lol
Hope you're right.

If it involves money or an NIL issue the last thing you want is drunk stepdad (NCAA) showing up to be “even handed” in dissing out punishment.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
I get Rodriguez getting a game or two for the DUI that’s pretty self explanatory, but all the other players if the media and some of the coaches think they shouldn’t be suspended then all this is stupid and somebody needs to speak up and say what they did or they should be able to play
Good point from Nick Roush--------However, there’s probably a little gamesmanship tied to this coy strategy. Even if the powers that be have reached a conclusion how many games players must miss this fall, it’s in Kentucky’s best interest to keep the Florida Gators guessing ahead of their week two matchup in The Swamp. Without Jordan Wright, Kentucky will primarily play a nickel defense. Once he returns to the lineup, they will be a base 3-4 team. That dramatically changes how Florida’s offensive coordinator calls plays. The less the Gators know, the better.

I have no idea I just know everybody is being really vague about everything

Good point from Nick Roush--------However, there’s probably a little gamesmanship tied to this coy strategy. Even if the powers that be have reached a conclusion how many games players must miss this fall, it’s in Kentucky’s best interest to keep the Florida Gators guessing ahead of their week two matchup in The Swamp. Without Jordan Wright, Kentucky will primarily play a nickel defense. Once he returns to the lineup, they will be a base 3-4 team. That dramatically changes how Florida’s offensive coordinator calls plays. The less the Gators know, the better.
If Kentucky doesn’t have Rodriguez wright and weaver against Florida than they are in really trouble

They decide to do something drastic CROD may walk off into the sunset. The part that irks me is whatever it is appears to have happened last school year and we are still sitting here telling the BBN wait till next week I might have something for you.

if this was a “timesheet” issue, wonder if any basketball players were involved? I could see them not letting that out till first game as to not hurt ticket sales.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT