ADVERTISEMENT

Any UK Players You Didn’t Like?

I dunno the point of this thread but during BCG era........He had a player that did something that was not good, off the court.

Of the ones who played a game, no. Though, from everything I've heard, that likely would have changed if I'd ever met Travis Ford. But I liked him when he played for us and only heard about the other stuff later.

I dunno the point of this thread but during BCG era........He had a player that did something that was not good, off the court.
I believe I know who you are talking about and I think that happened(or came out) after he left UK. And he was one of the 5 worst starters in my 55 years of watching UK games(I'm not even counting Coury as a starter).

Reactions: Zissou87
He should not have even played ball I think. He had issues personally that you just don't want to have.

Boston, Fletcher, Sharpe, and the other "Fail and Bail" guys.
Honestly, I don't really dislike them. I really dislike that this is what college basketball has become.
Couple that with the Timme and Hunter Dickinson types who strong arm NIL money for their services. Again, I hate this way of things not necessarily the players.
Another thing that gets my goat, is transfer and put in the work somewhere else: charles Matthews, Johnny Juzang (I know he was homesick)

Wheeler #1 - dude quit on team totally because he didn't get enough minutes..

Saul Smith - not his fault and shouldn't of gotten the level of hate he did but did garner a huge amount of hate in the anti tubby fanbase.

Gimel Martinez - remember the sighs an cringes when he entered game

Steve Massiello an Travis Ford round out my top 5

Cam Fletcher would be there but he was here so briefly I forget much of who he was.

Rex Chapman
Surprised it took this long.

Wheeler for me. I can't imagine quiting on my teammates and brothers. Sharpe was one thing, but flat out quiting like a whiny little butch?? Screw that wuss. I can promise, it won't be the last thing in life he quits on.

Reactions: bIhawk
Sheray Thomas, Saul Smith, and Tyler Ulis...are the first ones that come to mind... oh wait...Michael Porter, I cringed every time he checked into a game, and only got a scholarship because his dad steered Chuck Hayes to Lexington IMO
Tyler Ulis? You high?

Reactions: Bigblueincincy
Never liked wheeler from game #1. Just never seemed like a UK guy. Obviously not a sharp fan but don’t consider him a UK player and I blame cal more than him for even letting that fiasco take place and I still believe orchestrated the whole thing. He knew sharp was never going to play.

Reactions: bIhawk
Michael Bradley.

Tubby played him a lot on a National Championship team and he would have been great here if he had stayed. But his attitude and his dad's arrogance were ridiculous!!! When he transferred, I was elated even though he was actually a very skilled Big.

2 kids that were constantly bashed and fans were extremely critical of that I actually felt sorry for was: Rob Lock and Jarred Prickett.

Brooks. I still say he was the tumor on that team and his corruption damaged future teams as well.

Wheeler and Harrow. Quitters.

Sharpe and Vanderbilt. Never tried.

Orton.

Strange that these are all Cal players. Not sure if it speaks to the coach, the generation, or both.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT