ADVERTISEMENT

Any thoughts on next commit(s)?

gamecockcat

All-SEC
Oct 29, 2004
Seems like we're getting a little momentum and I'd like to see us land a few more high 3-4* kids before the season. Not sure what positions are the most 'need' but I'm guessing we still need another 5-10 commits, right?

Reactions: GH_UKBBN92
I'd argue by position

1. We need an edge rusher in this class...to go behind Fearby and Wade from last year. I'm assuming Weaver might be gone after this year and Wright for sure.
2. We need at least one more DL kid...NT or DT preferred
3. We'll be losing Square, Jacquez Jones.....so I'd be assuming we have to get at least 1 interior LBer as well.

I am assuming we'll be shopping in portal for QB is why I leave them off the list for now.

If we could for sure get Godfrey at LB, Spencer at Guard, Gilbert on DL to go with some good high 3 stars I would feel pretty good considering the slow start with 4 stars. We really need Godfrey and another LB with what we will be losing there. Spencer next to Kennum would be a good duo on one side. Got to have a big DL in this class and Gilbert would give us that. Was really hoping for Avery, seems to be an Allen clone, but looks like GA? Ziesmer at that position means we aren't shut out there but would still like a rangy outside guy if we could get him. Another good DB would make those positions a win in this class. What is Alexanders status? Not ranked, can he play here? Love his size. Just some of things I'm thinking of.

Jackson to UF, Avery to Ole Miss...the "big July recruiting period" for UK pretty much fizzled. Have to try a new click bait tactic.

Reactions: K_TIME
Its been thus far an incredibly disappointing follow up class after a 10 won season, top 13 or 14th ranked signing class, and yet another NFL Draft with several Wildcats selected

Whatever we are selling to 2023 kids, they ain't buying. Guess I'm spoiled, but these recent winning yrs have been so much fun, pains me that we take a step back.

Esp in a time soon with an SEC of 16 teams, with Texas & Oklahoma, playing 9 conf games. And we will be playing Bama more, and LSU, and Texas A&M....with less Vandy, Mizzou, South Carolina.

Its been thus far an incredibly disappointing follow up class after a 10 won season, top 13 or 14th ranked signing class, and yet another NFL Draft with several Wildcats selected

Whatever we are selling to 2023 kids, they ain't buying. Guess I'm spoiled, but these recent winning yrs have been so much fun, pains me that we take a step back.

Esp in a time soon with an SEC of 16 teams, with Texas & Oklahoma, playing 9 conf games. And we will be playing Bama more, and LSU, and Texas A&M....with less Vandy, Mizzou, South Carolina.
Agreed, disappointing. Rowland hinting at good news Mon, we'll see. UK thought at one time being in pretty good shape with OT Bertrand...now he's getting a CB for Texas A&M. I was hoping for 12+ 4* this go around, not going to be close to that. Pound the portal I guess.

I’m curious to see how class will finish come December, feel like there will be a ton of flips come signing day, all around the country
I hope you’re right. We left the gate late with Barnyard refusing to open the gate at the bell with NIL and now we’re trying to catch up. Fingers crossed we can flip some recruits with our new acceptance of NIL.

It’s what we weren’t selling, NIL. It seems we are now, but maybe too late to salvage my ch this year.

May be lucky to put together a top 30ish class. Nothing scoff at but Nothing to get hyped about. It is what it is and we have an AD that isn't doing his job.

We will see come Dec all around CFB, if summer commitments stick everywhere. It will be quite interesting if NIL influenced choices stay loyal if their teams are unimpressive.

Louisville, Knoxville, Miami, Mich St among others using NIL for great 2023 recruiting might have nice years....but won't achieve anything near worthy of top 10 classes.

I hope you’re right. We left the gate late with Barnyard refusing to open the gate at the bell with NIL and now we’re trying to catch up. Fingers crossed we can flip some recruits with our new acceptance of NIL.

He loosened up? If he did I didn't see it or hear it. Last I saw was stoops would be willing to give up salary to get nil going. Doesn't sound like Mitch opened up to me.

Hopefully you're right because UL just announced a massive collective and appointed a board. We're about to lose ground faster than ever

Reactions: satcheluk
Idk but it was reported 7 hrs earlier than his text. Process of elimination says it will be Godfrey. It isn't Gilbert though UK is leading there too

Reactions: TheBlueCat
Nothing about UK's NIL offers to HS recruits has changed in the last 2 weeks since Mark Stoops had to go begging hat in hand for help on the radio, since his program was so far behind competitors.

Any assertion it has magically been fixed is #FakeNews. Barnhart still actively preventing it from happening.

Nothing about UK's NIL offers to HS recruits has changed in the last 2 weeks since Mark Stoops had to go begging hat in hand for help on the radio, since his program was so far behind competitors.

Any assertion it has magically been fixed is #FakeNews. Barnhart still actively preventing it from happening.
It isn't stopping a big recruit from committing tomorrow. The guys we have lost lately haven't been due to NIL

They're getting a 4 star commit tomorrow and at least one more locked up. Should get 4 more 4 star guys.
We have only landed more than 5 4-star+ guys 3 times since Stoops has been here (including 2 of the last 3 years). For everyone ready to jump off a bridge just let things play out, things aren't near as bad as some want to believe and we will have as much talent as ever on campus over the next few years.

It isn't stopping a big recruit from committing tomorrow. The guys we have lost lately haven't been due to NIL
Lot of truth to this, NIL will get all the attention but in last couple years, Stoops had a lot of staff turnover and lost some of his better recruiters, Clink Sumrall and even Coen and Wofford were great recruiters.
This was going to hurt in recruiting eventually, NIL or no NIL

Reactions: Soupbean
We have only landed more than 5 4-star+ guys 3 times since Stoops has been here (including 2 of the last 3 years). For everyone ready to jump off a bridge just let things play out, things aren't near as bad as some want to believe and we will have as much talent as ever on campus over the next few years.
UK is adding a playmaker tomorrow and Gilbert will hopefully commit in the next month.

May be lucky to put together a top 30ish class. Nothing scoff at but Nothing to get hyped about. It is what it is and we have an AD that isn't doing his job.
What are you talking about, highest finish ever in the non-revenue sports. You have to focus on what is important.

We are never going to catch Georgia like this. They recently had TWENTY five stars in four classes. We have had two that stuck in twenty years. We need to get serious about the money cow, Bama's football program was recently estimated to be worth a BILLION while ours was about $300M. There is no excuse with the money SEC football is throwing at us.

How are the football practice field mods coming?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT