ADVERTISEMENT

Any Optimists left after tonight’s game?

Big deal! Stoops has been here for 7 years and we’ve had ONE good season! Are you happy with that?

I didn’t say we’d be able to compete with Georgia on a regular basis but you said it yourself last year was our best year EVER and the talent gap was millions of miles. No excuse for that.

Yea right dude. Anybody who’s ever said Terry is the best offensive player on the field is an idiot and has no business even discussing football.
Terry was the best offensive player on the field in the Florida game last year. Not my fault if you didn’t watch that game. There’s no excuse for the talent gap between us and Georgia? New flash, no coach that we could realistically land here could get us even close to the amount of talent Smart can get at Georgia.

Big deal! Stoops has been here for 7 years and we’ve had ONE good season! Are you happy with that?

I didn’t say we’d be able to compete with Georgia on a regular basis but you said it yourself last year was our best year EVER and the talent gap was millions of miles. No excuse for that.

Yea right dude. Anybody who’s ever said Terry is the best offensive player on the field is an idiot and has no business even discussing football.
And the first 3 years of his 7 years here was a complete and total rebuild. Joker left UK with a below average Sun Belt roster when Stoops showed up. I think you need to temper your expectations if you think UK can have a year like they did last year on a consistent basis

Terry was the best offensive player on the field in the Florida game last year. Not my fault if you didn’t watch that game. There’s no excuse for the talent gap between us and Georgia? New flash, no coach that we could realistically land here could get us even close to the amount of talent Smart can get at Georgia.
Ok so you’re picking one game that Terry played good in out of about 15.

Then why can teams like Auburn, Tennessee, and Florida have years where they can compete with UK in basketball but we have never been able to compete with the best in football?

Those teams don’t have the players or talent we have in basketball, but they have the coaching. Something UK football knows nothing about.

And the first 3 years of his 7 years here was a complete and total rebuild. Joker left UK with a below average Sun Belt roster when Stoops showed up. I think you need to temper your expectations if you think UK can have a year like they did last year on a consistent basis
There’s no reason why we can’t win 8 games a year in our bad years. We have the facilities and fan base to make it happen.

I’ll give you that he needed a couple years to get his own guys. But what’s the reasoning for sucking in his third, fourth, fifth, and seventh seasons? Mark Stoops isn’t the guy to get the job done.

Ok so you’re picking one game that Terry played good in out of about 15.

Then why can teams like Auburn, Tennessee, and Florida have years where they can compete with UK in basketball but we have never been able to compete with the best in football?

Those teams don’t have the players or talent we have in basketball, but they have the coaching. Something UK football knows nothing about.

I feel your pain and I’m on your side but basketball IS different. One good player can improve a basketball team drastically. There’s five basketball players and twenty two football players. But don’t take that as me criticizing you. We suck and there’s no excuse for it.

Reactions: BigBlue1992
I feel your pain and I’m on your side but basketball IS different. One good player can improve a basketball team drastically. There’s five basketball players and twenty two football players. But don’t take that as me criticizing you. We suck and there’s no excuse for it.
I see what you’re saying but none of the teams I listed had one absolute superstar. They mainly play with a balanced attack with 4-6 solid guys who play hard. But they also do have good coaching and will be competing with us on a yearly basis. I guess that’s a rant for another day.

You’re right though and I totally agree, we do suck.

Reactions: CHAMPCAT11
Those 39th ranked classes are hard to replaced. There’s not too many coaches that can bring them to Kentucky

This years class will be top 20 or close if all the negativity and coach bashing doesn't scare them off. Add in thee transfers and our incoming talent could be close to top ten in the nation, if we get some four stars we are favored to get. We do need to rebound on the field though, not out of the realm of possibilities, Michigan looked pretty dismal the two weeks before this one.

Bashing everyone on the coaching staff AND the players is always a good thing, carry on, you are all doing a fine job without me.. We have major problems, maybe a week off and a less potent foe will lead to some answers, several very winnable games left.

This years class will be top 20 or close if all the negativity and coach bashing doesn't scare them off. Add in thee transfers and our incoming talent could be close to top ten in the nation, if we get some four stars we are favored to get. We do need to rebound on the field though, not out of the realm of possibilities, Michigan looked pretty dismal the two weeks before this one.

Bashing everyone on the coaching staff AND the players is always a good thing, carry on, you are all doing a fine job without me.. We have major problems, maybe a week off and a less potent foe will lead to some answers, several very winnable games left.

Already fan-blaming for the potential loss of recruits instead of the team’s poor play ... okay.

Also, a “less potent foe?” Maybe you hadn’t noticed but neither MSU or South Carolina are any good this year. We just played 2 bad teams, and they both made us look awful.

This year’s class will be right around top twenty IF THEY STICK TO THEIR COMMITMENT. I realize you acknowledged that but the way this season is unfolding will most likely cost us a few and keep us from a few more we’re still working on. We shouldn’t suck this bad Jauk. I’ve never been a Stoops fan but I’ve given the man his due when he deserved it. He’s laid a huge egg this year and it’s going to cost us some talented recruits.

This year’s class will be right around top twenty IF THEY STICK TO THEIR COMMITMENT. I realize you acknowledged that but the way this season is unfolding will most likely cost us a few and keep us from a few more we’re still working on. We shouldn’t suck this bad Jauk. I’ve never been a Stoops fan but I’ve given the man his due when he deserved it. He’s laid a huge egg this year and it’s going to cost us some talented recruits.

You have to remember, this is the same poster that was still making excuses for Joker amid a 2-10 season.

Already fan-blaming for the potential loss of recruits instead of the team’s poor play ... okay.

Also, a “less potent foe?” Maybe you hadn’t noticed but neither MSU or South Carolina are any good this year. We just played 2 bad teams, and they both made us look awful.

Both teams have been ranked this year and if you hadn't noticed Arkansas has a very long losing streak in the SEC. And we still have two OOC games and Thug U hasn't been overwhelming lately. We need to right the ship but it isn't impossible.

But have fun, maybe the sky is falling after all, I hope you catch a piece of it, it could be a collector's item..

Reactions: The-Hack
Considering we’re tied for last in division 1 football with returning starters, Terry’s injury, and our offensive philosophy while Stoops has been here, it’s tough to stay optimistic for this season. We have a lot of young talent on the team but we have a lot of obstacles to overcome. I’ll watch every game because I bleed blue and I’ll always hold out hope that we get things turned around.

Reactions: The-Hack and jauk11
Both teams have been ranked this year and if you hadn't noticed Arkansas has a very long losing streak in the SEC. And we still have two OOC games and Thug U hasn't been overwhelming lately. We need to right the ship but it isn't impossible.

But have fun, maybe the sky is falling after all, I hope you catch a piece of it, it could be a collector's item..

Man you are really grasping at straws to go the “they’ve both been ranked” route. They were ranked at the beginning of the season before they lost key players and turned out to flat out not be good. MSUs win over us is sandwiched with a loss to Kansas State and an absolute decimation by Auburn. Not a good team.

South Carolina was 1-3 before last night. Not a good team. Those early rankings mean less than nothing.

Sky isn’t falling. But we’re not good. At all. The sky can stay right where it is.

We knew our secondary would be very inexperienced but we were told our DLine would be solid, they've been anything but. Our lack of any kind of passing attack has killed our running game - and the FG kicker may have cost us 2 games.

You have to remember, this is the same poster that was still making excuses for Joker amid a 2-10 season.

Not excuses, REASONS with FACTS to back them up. Football's recruiting budget when he took over was 60% of basketball's which had EVERYTHING plus football having over SIX times the players. NOTHING above the bare minimum done for football for a full decade led to the predictable CONSECUTIVE zero conference wins with two OOC nobody wins, one season by the reigning SEC COTY that added three four stars to his first class. While UK's 2010 team had TWO four stars playing against seven SEC teams that averaged 38 four stars the previous four classes, and Florida alone had a dozen five stars on their roster.

And the facilities headliner was the well publicized "recruiting room" that Bishop Gorman high school's put to shame, and high school's aren't even supposed to recruit, lol.. A disgrace in use for about 15 years. Joker was NOT a good HC (very good position coach AND recruiter, see his Florida classes) and his biggest mistake might have been taking credit for keeping Hartline out of the bowl game (throwing the rest of the team under the bus) with a BU QB that had thrown seven passes that whole season. It was all his idea to ban him for DRINKING, lol, no doubt that decision came from the fraidy cats above.him, he didn't need the few million he was making at the time.

NO COACH would have succeeded with his support, but at least we didn't have to suffer the embarrassment of being turned down by every other viable candidate out there, lucky that Brooks saved us the embarrassment the first time. By the way, it was quite a feat to UPSET TOBC and TOP TEN USC along with coming within three points of NC Auburn with Cam with those TWO four stars, the other starters against Florida earlier that year included more TWO STARS than three stars.. Before the wheels fell off from lack of support.

Wasted enough time, glad you brought it up, I'm sure everyone appreciates it..

Last edited:
Man you are really grasping at straws to go the “they’ve both been ranked” route. They were ranked at the beginning of the season before they lost key players and turned out to flat out not be good. MSUs win over us is sandwiched with a loss to Kansas State and an absolute decimation by Auburn. Not a good team.

South Carolina was 1-3 before last night. Not a good team. Those early rankings mean less than nothing.

Sky isn’t falling. But we’re not good. At all. The sky can stay right where it is.

USC averaged over a dozen spots above us in the past two recruiting rankings, and MSU over a half dozen, and it was probably worse than that before we started winning, and both get more love from the "experts" than we do.

USC averaged over a dozen spots above us in the past two recruiting rankings, and MSU over a half dozen, and it was probably worse than that before we started winning, and both get more love from the "experts" than we do.

I’m not disputing any of that. They’re still not good. What’s that say about us?

The thing that is so frustrating ... we were 2 qtr away from throat stomping the hated gators. We dominated the lines. Since then, it looks like we have the walkons playing on the line.

Either that or "make a wish" play caller for today.
That is puzzling. Has losing Wilson really just affected the whole team?

I thought Smith should have been replaced way before he was. Seem to me he was pretty much shot putting the ball from the start. Wood and Gilmore must be really bad for Smith to have been the best option.

I think Bowden is the best option at QB, scored in what five plays? When he takes off to run, he runs hard. And we have other receivers, three good TE's, Ali, Wagner, the kid that looked so good in the BW game, can't remember his name. Go with Bowden and run some option football, be killer.

Thought Stoops should have stuck up for Kash too, that was BS.

Reactions: jauk11
I am still very optimistic about the programs future! I am also very disappointed in how the season has went so far, but I am hoping for a change in our current direction. I really don't feel that Bowden at QB is the answer though. Put Wood or Gilmore in. Hand off left. Hand off right. How hard can that be? Our beastly OL need to play up to their potential and move bodies. We have a stable of RBs to ride. I really can't believe that CMS has not already done this. It is his calling card.

Reactions: jauk11

Ky schedule

vs
toledo_wbgs.png

vs
eastern_michigan_s.png
East. Michigan

vs
florida_wbg.png
(10) Florida

@
mississippi_state_wbg.png
Mississippi St

SC schedule
Aug. 31 @ 3:30 vs North Carolina
Sept. 7 @ Noon Charleston Southern
Sept. 14 @ 3:30 Alabama
Sept. 21 @ 4:00 at Missouri

SC’s schedule probably tougher to this point, and much tougher by years end.

If Im being honest I wasnt on the wagon until 2 seasons ago. Was still extremely skeptical. My tune changed but we look like we're right back to what we were. Its impossible not to chalk up last season to Josh and Benny.

We absolutely have no business losing to an ATROCIOUS Arkansas team, and with 2 weeks to figure out a plan to boot. If that happens, its going to be meltdown city.

Guys, did you watch any of Arky on Sat ? They look like freaking superstars compared to us .. are we really in any shape whatsoever to be calling other SEC teams ATROCIOUS ? I think it might be time to dial back any name calling or criticism of anyone they way we look . Lets just be a tab bit honest ... we are most atrocious looking team the past 2 weeks . or at least tied with gawd awful Tn

Gotta win the UT-Martin game, the Louisville game, the Tennessee game, and Arkansas game. All home games. And then win the bowl game. Gotta get to 7-6 at the very least. Can't follow up last year's 10-3 season with a losing season this year. 7-6 would be a good enough follow up to last season. And then be ready to come out and be much better next year.

Every time UK has won double digit games (3 times) they've had a losing season the next one. Damn, I hate that stat.

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
Let me know when you want me to start pulling up his numbers and I’ll be happy to do so. Then we can decide how much an impact he’s had here.

I believe you might be the dumbest poster I have seen on this board and that is saying something. Don't worry Cal will have his time in a month or so. I know football is just your stop gap.

I wish the thread title has said where are the “fans” after an ugly loss.

I would have responded quickly to that thread. I remain optimistic about the future. Just not the immediate future. Stoops will silence the negative Nancies again. Until then, regular posters like Wildcard will enjoy the ride for a while.

Reactions: ekywildcat
Guys, did you watch any of Arky on Sat ? They look like freaking superstars compared to us .. are we really in any shape whatsoever to be calling other SEC teams ATROCIOUS ? I think it might be time to dial back any name calling or criticism of anyone they way we look . Lets just be a tab bit honest ... we are most atrocious looking team the past 2 weeks . or at least tied with gawd awful Tn

Bama might not take a giant step back if you took out their top one or two QBs, UK doesn't have the luxury of going four deep without a giant falloff. I expect the week off to help a lot.

Reactions: ekywildcat
I thought Smith should have been replaced way before he was. Seem to me he was pretty much shot putting the ball from the start. Wood and Gilmore must be really bad for Smith to have been the best option.

I think Bowden is the best option at QB, scored in what five plays? When he takes off to run, he runs hard. And we have other receivers, three good TE's, Ali, Wagner, the kid that looked so good in the BW game, can't remember his name. Go with Bowden and run some option football, be killer.

Thought Stoops should have stuck up for Kash too, that was BS.

Knowing our scaredy cat squeaky clean administration I'm not at all sure that was Stoop's choice. I certainly disagreed with it though, might have made a lot of difference.

I’m not disputing any of that. They’re still not good. What’s that say about us?

We lost our starting very good QB? And his backup is injured? And number three has had a lot of injuries? And number four didn't even get here for spring training?

We lost our starting very good QB? And his backup is injured? And number three has had a lot of injuries? And number four didn't even get here for spring training?

They’re all playing backups, too.

And our defense has been poor. I don’t think Wilson plays defense. South Carolina went down the field on the first drive of the game with little to no resistance, before there are any excuses about the defense being gassed.

So, you think the year is over? I don't, and a strong finish is better than a good start, and actually the first three games were very encouraging, even though we lost one.

So you are saying if Stoops had blocked the tackler that took Wilson out we wouldn't be struggling now?

It says we are missing any semblance of a QB, at least it looks that way. Our fourth string true freshman QB without Spring practice seems like our best option, unless Smith rebounds.

So, you think the year is over? I don't, and a strong finish is better than a good start, and actually the first three games were very encouraging, even though we lost one.

So you are saying if Stoops had blocked the tackler that took Wilson out we wouldn't be struggling now?

I agree that a strong finish is better than a good start but I DO feel like the season is tanking and no one hopes their wrong on this more than me. We’re bad right now Jauk, really bad. Bad play, players laughing their asses off on the bench while we’re getting destroyed, and coaches putting nine players on the field (twice). Not good.

Reactions: GridCats
Ky schedule

vs
toledo_wbgs.png

vs
eastern_michigan_s.png
East. Michigan

vs
florida_wbg.png
(10) Florida

@
mississippi_state_wbg.png
Mississippi St

SC schedule
Aug. 31 @ 3:30 vs North Carolina
Sept. 7 @ Noon Charleston Southern
Sept. 14 @ 3:30 Alabama
Sept. 21 @ 4:00 at Missouri

SC’s schedule probably tougher to this point, and much tougher by years end.

Yeah, before you get too full of yourself let's see how they end up the year. I wouldn't be surprised if UK ends up with a better overall record, but we do need to right the ship.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT