ADVERTISEMENT

Any chance a Georgia win pulls us up with them?

Aike

All-American
Mar 18, 2002
Looks like our ceiling might be 13, but is 12 in play with a dominant Georgia performance? Should make all of our metrics look better tomorrow morning.

Thoughts?

It honestly doesn't matter. We'd have to jump Washington St and one of either Florida or LSU to possibly sneak into one of the CFP6 games.

At this point, the only way it is not UK vs Penn State in the Citrus Bowl is if UGA wins a close game (keeping Bama in the playoffs at spot #4) AND Ohio State wins tonight. If that happens, Penn State will make the last at-large CFP6 spot and we would face Northwestern or Iowa in the Citrus.

If UGA and Ohio State win BUT Alabama gets blown out (which is starting to look more likely), Oklahoma may get the 4th playoff spot and knock Penn State out of the last at-large spot, putting them in the Citrus Bowl with us again.

I'm giving it a 50/50 shot right now of our opponent in the Citrus being Penn State.

Reactions: Aike
It honestly doesn't matter. We'd have to jump Washington St and one of either Florida or LSU to possibly sneak into one of the CFP6 games.

At this point, the only way it is not UK vs Penn State in the Citrus Bowl is if UGA wins a close game (keeping Bama in the playoffs at spot #4) AND Ohio State wins tonight. If that happens, Penn State will make the last at-large CFP6 spot and we would face Northwestern or Iowa in the Citrus.

If UGA and Ohio State win BUT Alabama gets blown out (which is starting to look more likely), Oklahoma may get the 4th playoff spot and knock Penn State out of the last at-large spot, putting them in the Citrus Bowl with us again.

I'm giving it a 50/50 shot right now of our opponent in the Citrus being Penn State.

I hadn’t looked at it that closely...thought that being top 12 would get you in, but looks like we would be one of the few top 12 teams to not get in if we jumped that much.

I hadn’t looked at it that closely...thought that being top 12 would get you in, but looks like we would be one of the few top 12 teams to not get in if we jumped that much.

Yeah, because of the contracts it isn't exactly the top 12. If Texas had won today, they'd get a Sugar Bowl slot even if they didn't jump into the Top 12. If UCF loses tonight, they or Fresno State or Boise State will get an at-large in the Fiesta or Peach even though they won't be Top 12. If Northwestern wins, they are guaranteed the Rose Bowl spot and they sure as hell won't be top 12.

Ohio State was 10th last week. Behind Florida and LSU. The committee did not like them until they beat Michigan. If they lose tonight, committee might not like them again. I could see them dropping low tonight. I could see rankings and automatic bids looking like.

Clemson
Note Dame
Georgia
Oklahoma
Alabama
Michigan
Florida
LSU

Autos:
Texas
Washington
Boise State
Northwestern

Maybe, maybe, Ohio State could drop to Citrus.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT