ADVERTISEMENT

Another "tweak" coming from Cal??

G0BigBLUE00

Sophomore
Apr 24, 2007
Per most recent twitter post from Cal, "I apologized to my guards today. I did something w/ them I should have done earlier that would have made them ALL better. It was eye-opening."

Wonder what it is?

He has figured how to tell the twins apart
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Originally posted by G0BigBLUE00:
Per most recent twitter post from Cal, "I apologized to my guards today. I did something w/ them I should have done earlier that would have made them ALL better. It was eye-opening."

Wonder what it is?
roll.r191677.gif

Tweak 2? Tweaquel? The Tweakening?

Probably just something to boost Andrew. Cal is a MASTER with that kind of stuff.

Remember how the first tweak was just for Andrew to pass more? It wasn't really a big change in strategy, more of a mind game.

Originally posted by gossie21:
Oh good. Because we were terrible before.
Right? I hope we start averaging 35 assists per game though. Only then will I be satisfied
laugh.r191677.gif

This is twice Cal said he should have tweaked something sooner.
Maybe Barnhart should Far Cal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by capnmonkey:

Originally posted by G0BigBLUE00:

Wonder what it is?
roll.r191677.gif

Tweak 2? Tweaquel? The Tweakening?
LOL!
laugh.r191677.gif
Tweak 2: The Age of Cal Tweak 2: Cats United Tweak 2: The Wrath of Cal

Originally posted by Big Foot 275:
This is twice Cal said he should have tweaked something sooner.
Maybe Barnhart should Far Cal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nah,just tweak him a little and I think he will be o.k.

Maybe have Andrew shoot more in the lane ? Penetrate the lane more ? Play Andrew and Ulis at the same time more ??

I hope this yields results on the court. The last time Cal made a statement like this we looked like a different team and reached the final 4. I honestly believe that we haven't come close to reaching potential on offense.

Originally posted by catsfanbgky:

Maybe have Andrew shoot more in the lane ? Penetrate the lane more ? Play Andrew and Ulis at the same time more ??
Hasn't he been telling Drew to penetrate and score more for weeks now? He at least says it at every press conference.

I've also wondered why Andrew hasn't been driving it much, much more. Maybe it's something to get Andrew some space, though I don't know what he'd need other than the 4/5 coming to the ball.

He could possibly be trying to find ways to make Andrew emulate Ulis' offensive play-style to a degree? Set up the rest of the team better. He usually only plays from the top of the perimeter, and the offense doesn't move around as much as it does when Tyler is on the floor, it's usually a stand and pass type offense that doesn't have all the hand-offs, screens, drive and kicks that it does with the second platoon. He's going to want to keep the first platoon with their own identity, but he may be finding ways to move Andrew around so the offense if forced to space and flow effectively.

I don't care what it is because Cal proved last year he's the tweak master. What he did last year was gold.

hopefully this means we will be getting dekari better looks from three point land.

Seriously, I think andrew playing with booker and ulis playing with aaron makes a lot more sense. We get good spacing with booker out there, and it would open up lanes better for andrew to get to the rim.

But I dunno......

This post was edited on 1/2 3:29 PM by .S&C.

Originally posted by docholiday51:

A stratified hyperbolic paraboloid,o.k. old timers tell me what that is
1-3-1 zone. I believe it was invented by Rupp. He dubbed it a "stratified hyperbolic paraboloid" man-to-man defense because he abhorred zones.

Originally posted by rexcat:

1-3-1 zone. I believe it was invented by Rupp. He dubbed it a "stratified hyperbolic paraboloid" man-to-man defense because he abhorred zones.
'In a game against Tennessee Rupp used a 1-3-1 zone trap. It was the first time anyone had used a defensive formation like it. Kentucky won the game easily and afterward Rupp was asked to describe the new defense, he explained it this way, "It was a transitional and shifting man-to-man backed by a hyperbolic paraboloid between the ball and the basket." When asked to comment UT coach Ray Mears just grunted, "It was a good defense. That's all I've got to say."'

He "apologized" to his guards, so makes it seem like something that would benefit all of them in some fashion.

Cal is unbelievable.

Originally posted by .S&C.:
hopefully this means we will be getting dekari better looks from three point land.
Are you talking about 2nd Platoon Center Daiquiri Jones?

Originally posted by StillBlue83:

Originally posted by rexcat:

'In a game against Tennessee Rupp used a 1-3-1 zone trap. It was the first time anyone had used a defensive formation like it. Kentucky won the game easily and afterward Rupp was asked to describe the new defense, he explained it this way, "It was a transitional and shifting man-to-man backed by a hyperbolic paraboloid between the ball and the basket." When asked to comment UT coach Ray Mears just grunted, "It was a good defense. That's all I've got to say."'
Rupp did not invent the 1-3-1 zone and if not for the constant urging by Joe B. Hall would have not used it with the Runts. Rupp did not like zone defenses but he disliked losing even more so after he tried it after urging from Joe B. he went with it because he was winning with it. He however could not admit that he was playing a zone defense so he called it that strange name.

The UT coach Mears was so impressed by the 1-3-1 that he made it his primary defense for years there after.

Originally posted by Abomb502Cat:

I hope this yields results on the court. The last time Cal made a statement like this we looked like a different team and reached the final 4. I honestly believe that we haven't come close to reaching potential on offense.
I agree......... Cal will get it done.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT