ADVERTISEMENT

Another Post Player This Year

thedahc

Sophomore
Aug 3, 2006
Let's call it a hunch.....

Another post player is joining the team for this season.

Here are the scenarios in play:
-A grad transfer big becomes available in August. Might be connected to someone already in the program. If that happens I don't think Somto reclass happens.

-If the grad transfer doesn't come through Somto Cyril reclass will most likely happen. The only question is timing. They are trying for August but if not they could use the Fall semester to help him finish requirements and he could join in January.

-A grad transfer big becomes available in August. Might be connected to someone already in the program. If that happens I don't think Somto reclass happens.

-If the grad transfer doesn't come through Somto Cyril reclass will most likely happen. The only question is timing. They are trying for August but if not they could use the Fall semester to help him finish requirements and he could join in January.
Scenario one has to be Dante from Oregon.

Is this just because of the rumors or do you have more info?

Do you have inside info that this will happen or are you guessing

Dante is a fifth year Senior. Averaged over 13 and 8 last year at Oregon.

Exactly what we need inside.
Yes. I'd take him over Cyril for next season, and then let Cyril come the following year.

A veteran center is precisely what we need. If two of the freshmen break out, you've still got Reeves, Mitchell, and Dante as your 3rd, 4th, and 5th scoring options. In that scenario, you could still have three of the freshmen end up duds and you could still field a competitive team.

Yes. I'd take him over Cyril for next season, and then let Cyril come the following year.

A veteran center is precisely what we need. If two of the freshmen break out, you've still got Reeves, Mitchell, and Dante as your 3rd, 4th, and 5th scoring options. In that scenario, you could still have three of the freshmen end up duds and you could still field a competitive team.
Yes.

Three proven P5 level double digit scorers gives us a little cushion in case the Freshmen bomb.

I think expecting at least two Freshmen out of five to be ready for this level is reasonable.

Soon

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT