ADVERTISEMENT

Another coach leaving ?

Apparently Michigan lost their DC to Ole Miss. I dont know if they're looking to replace him or replace someone they're promoting from within. Clinkscale kills it recruiting in the Michigan area.

We already held them off for Marrow a couple of years ago. Unfortunately I think Clink is from there so it may be a little harder to keep him

Reactions: Girthang
This would suck
Which is why it probably won't happen, right? Leverage games, I think. Gotta get that raise. "Match this, or do your best" is ideal, if you can get a written offer. Why would he want to work for Dantonio or Harbaugh as opposed to Stoops? I'd work for Stoops for less. Harbaugh is failing by UM standards, which will be enforced sooner, rather than later, now. We have no reason to fall apart at news like this anymore. I'm assuming one of the Michigan programs is killing two birds, trying push us out of MI.

Last edited:
He's originally from Youngstown. If he wants to go, then money won't matter. I can't imagine UM wouldn't pay him what he's worth. He might want to leave to broaden his career network. I hope he stays but i can't blame him if he leaves.

Reactions: SECCountry75
He's originally from Youngstown. If he wants to go, then money won't matter. I can't imagine UM wouldn't pay him what he's worth. He might want to leave to broaden his career network. I hope he stays but i can't blame him if he leaves.
Didn't know he's from Youngstown. Well, now I REALLY see the big picture.

Coaches are going to move. I know this sounds weird, but I'd like to see him leave for a coordinator job somewhere. it might be beneficial to sacrifice him to show you can come here and become a coordinator elsewhere. Not a lateral move to a bigger place. But I'd like coaches to stick around waiting for better titles.

Coaches are going to move. I know this sounds weird, but I'd like to see him leave for a coordinator job somewhere. it might be beneficial to sacrifice him to show you can come here and become a coordinator elsewhere. Not a lateral move to a bigger place. But I'd like coaches to stick around waiting for better titles.
There's truth to this. Guess I'm just too in love with the MI pipe line build and DB performance lately to be excited for him or us. :cry:

Reactions: THE_OAK
That’s the life of assistant coaches. Guys don’t want to be DB coaches their whole career, that’s not where the money is.

Reactions: Freetaxreturn
If it is Michigan, why would he want to go to that dumpster fire with all of the criticism Harbaugh has received this past season? If they can't beat OSU next season AND win the Big 10, he is more then likely going to be fired.

Make him ST Coordinator, he has the background, then bump his salary.

Assistant college football coaches are nomads, few stay in one place for long(OCs/DCs can be the the exception). Pays good but it's tough on the family life.

We are a better program than Michigan at the moment. I say pay the son of a gun and make a statement.

Reactions: ukalum1988
Make him ST Coordinator, he has the background, then bump his salary.

Assistant college football coaches are nomads, few stay in one place for long(OCs/DCs can be the the exception). Pays good but it's tough on the family life.

Bump him anyway. :)

We are a better program than Michigan at the moment. I say pay the son of a gun and make a statement.
That's really not true. Keep in mind that Michigan is consistently winning 8 to 10 games right now. They are below Michigan fan expectations but it's not like the program is cratering.

Reactions: UKat1 and stuway
That's really not true. Keep in mind that Michigan is consistently winning 8 to 10 games right now. They are below Michigan fan expectations but it's not like the program is cratering.

Yeah we're going to have to put those 8 to 10 win seasons back to back to back for awhile to say we have arrived.

Reactions: THE_OAK and UKat1
Correct. Harbaugh seat is ice cold at this point. Higher chance of him trying to get back to the League than to get canned.

Which is why it probably won't happen, right? Leverage games, I think. Gotta get that raise. "Match this, or do your best" is ideal, if you can get a written offer. Why would he want to work for Dantonio or Harbaugh as opposed to Stoops? I'd work for Stoops for less. Harbaugh is failing by UM standards, which will be enforced sooner, rather than later, now. We have no reason to fall apart at news like this anymore. I'm assuming one of the Michigan programs is killing two birds, trying push us out of MI.

If it is money, mb needs to step up and pay him. If we want to be a Football school, we have to pull out the checkbook and pay like Football schools pay.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
If it is money, mb needs to step up and pay him. If we want to be a Football school, we have to pull out the checkbook and pay like Football schools pay.
We pay pretty damn good. We have a top 20 paid head coach and top 15 paid OC. Our lowest paid assistants are higher than schools like Georgia, LSU and Texas. We have pulled out the checkbook. That had not been an issue.

We pay pretty damn good. We have a top 20 paid head coach and top 15 paid OC. Our lowest paid assistants are higher than schools like Georgia, LSU and Texas. We have pulled out the checkbook. That had not been an issue.
There is no reason money should ever be a reason for us to lose a coach. You're right, we've done better the last few years. IMO, if michigan offered $1M to a coach we wanted, we should offer $1M+. Have to do what is necessary to keep the people we want. No reason we couldn't have the highest paid Football coaches in the land....if that's what's necessary to get the best.

Reactions: BigTyrone
There is no reason money should ever be a reason for us to lose a coach. You're right, we've done better the last few years. IMO, if michigan offered $1M to a coach we wanted, we should offer $1M+. Have to do what is necessary to keep the people we want. No reason we couldn't have the highest paid Football coaches in the land....if that's what's necessary to get the best.
I agree with some of what you say, but there is a point where you would want the best return for your investment. If you pay Bama, Ohio State and Clemson type money, you better get those type of results.

I agree with some of what you say, but there is a point where you would want the best return for your investment. If you pay Bama, Ohio State and Clemson type money, you better get those type of results.
True. I don't advocate advertising high salaries for just anyone, but if we can lure the right person, money should not be an issue. Having the highest payroll is stupid unless you also have the best coaches.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT