ADVERTISEMENT

Another coach leaving ?

I don't think anyone doubted his recruiting prowess. It was his coaching ability in question and rightly so. He had a unit that had five NFL players including two rookie starters, but somehow struggled. Soon as Hood started helping him, it all turned around.

He had a top five SEC unit his first year. The drop-off his second year, prior to Hood arriving, I think was largely due to losing four year starters Blake Mclain and Marcus McWilson at safety.

I think it took a season of experience for Darius West, Mike Edwards, and the rest of the fun bunch to improve and gel.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Promotion? Warranted? Someone mentioned ST coordinator.
Clinkscale was the special teams coordinator at Toledo in 2009-11. He hasn’t coached special teams since. I don’t know whether or not this means he should be considered for special teams coordinator at Kentucky, but there are two other considerations. Does Clinkscale actually want to be a special teams coordinator again? Is he the best special teams coordinator available to Stoops at this point in time?

Where does Clinkscale want to raise his family? He is 42. He and Jasena have 4 kids. The twins are still at home. Do they want to raise them in Lexington or Ann Arbor? Personal question.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT