ADVERTISEMENT

Rowland says offer to Hurley starting at $11 million. May go higher?

Hurley’s success at UConn became a topic of discussion after John Calipari reportedly took a job as Arkansas’ new head coach following Kentucky’s early exit from the NCAA tournament.

Dan Hurley cuts down net

Connecticut Huskies head coach Dan Hurley cuts down the net after beating the Purdue Boilermakers 75-60 to win the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament National Championship game at State Farm Stadium on April 8, 2024 in Glendale, Arizona. (Chris Coduto/Getty Images)
UCONN DOMINATES PURDUE TO CAPTURE BACK-TO-BACK NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS

However, Hurley quickly removed his name from the potential short list, joking with reporters that his wife would be the decision maker on that topic.

"Oh my God, Kentucky or anywhere that's going to take her further from New Jersey," he said of her reaction, via ESPN. "I mean, we just went to Rhode Island, which I had to drag her to, and then to Connecticut. I got her closer. And now further? I can't afford a divorce right now, too. I just started making money."

Good. If Hurley is the kind of guy I believe him to be, the one who doesn’t just want to be on top of the mountain but to own the whole thing too, there’s no way he can turn down that type of offer. I’ll lay off any ill word about Barnhart if he even places that kind of money on the table, regardless of outcome.
It’s gonna be damn hard try pry that dude away from what’s he got. I hope the offer ends up doing it but let’s be in reality. He’s got a lot going on for him there. We should play the AD subsidy angle and the conference realignment too.

Hurley’s success at UConn became a topic of discussion after John Calipari reportedly took a job as Arkansas’ new head coach following Kentucky’s early exit from the NCAA tournament.

Dan Hurley cuts down net

Connecticut Huskies head coach Dan Hurley cuts down the net after beating the Purdue Boilermakers 75-60 to win the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament National Championship game at State Farm Stadium on April 8, 2024 in Glendale, Arizona. (Chris Coduto/Getty Images)
UCONN DOMINATES PURDUE TO CAPTURE BACK-TO-BACK NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS

However, Hurley quickly removed his name from the potential short list, joking with reporters that his wife would be the decision maker on that topic.

"Oh my God, Kentucky or anywhere that's going to take her further from New Jersey," he said of her reaction, via ESPN. "I mean, we just went to Rhode Island, which I had to drag her to, and then to Connecticut. I got her closer. And now further? I can't afford a divorce right now, too. I just started making money."
According to Goodman it will be hard to convince his wife for real to leave. He said that awhile ago.

100 million /7 years.
Dont play games.
UCONN can't offer that. They in shitty big east with crap football money.
14.28 million a year for two time defending champ!

I have to give Mitch credit.I was afraid he would just go with a friend but he's giving it everything he has.Doubt we land him but he's doing his best.
Don’t doubt for a second Mitch won’t screw this up and end up with drew

I hope it is one of Hurley, Donovan, Oats or Stevens. I would bet it’s going to be Drew
If it’s Drew I’m willing to give him a chance. Baylor is historically such a bad program. I didn’t realize how bad they have been in the past till I did some research on it

Sounds like a marriage someone shouldn't be in.

It also kind of sounds like Hurley is OK with the idea, but it's his wife who is the hold up. Maybe show her what $12mil gets you in UK. You can have a vacation house back in Newark or whatever place she wants to be. It's a 10 hour drive or an hour flight.. not a huge deal to become the freaking queen of Kentucky.

It also kind of sounds like Hurley is OK with the idea, but it's his wife who is the hold up. Maybe show her what $12mil gets you in UK. You can have a vacation house back in Newark or whatever place she wants to be. It's a 10 hour drive or an hour flight.. not a huge deal to become the freaking queen of Kentucky.

These Richie riches won't ever drive that. Lol. It's really not a big deal, 100% agree.

It indeed sounds like his wife is bending his arm. He mentioned her a lot, "let my wife answer that", etc.

Why wouldn't he just say it for himself?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT