And then there were 4...

Rupp'sRunt

All-American
Apr 19, 2008
Vanderbilt
Diallo
PJ
Wenyen.

I'll go out on a limb with a bold prediction that all 4 come back to work on their game and go next year in the weak draft, Diallo and JV could potentially go lottery next year. Though I'm only really confident we get PJ and Wenyen back. Diallo would make our guards depth basically unmatchable and JV would do the same for our front court depth. I'm excited to see how it plays out, who do you all think leaves with Knox and SGA ?

Last edited:
Vanderbilt
Diallo
PJ
Wenyen.

I'll go out on a limb with a bold prediction that all 4 come back to work on there game and go next year in the weak draft, Diallo and JV could potentially go lottery next year. Though I'm only really confident we get PJ and Wenyen back. Diallo would make our guards depth basically unmatchable and JV would do the same for our front court depth. I'm excited to see how it plays out, who do you all think leaves with Knox and SGA ?
Their.

Vanderbilt
Diallo
PJ
Wenyen.

I'll go out on a limb with a bold prediction that all 4 come back to work on there game and go next year in the weak draft, Diallo and JV could potentially go lottery next year. Though I'm only really confident we get PJ and Wenyen back. Diallo would make our guards depth basically unmatchable and JV would do the same for our front court depth. I'm excited to see how it plays out, who do you all think leaves with Knox and SGA ?
I like this post, first one of yours ever, just kidding, really hope that is it. Only UK news I hope to here is PJ withdraws name, hagans commits, and in july, James Wiseman reclassifies and commits to uk or James Wiseman will attend Findlay Prep for his senior year. Hope most comes true, but learned early with Cal that I shouldn't get hopes up too high with kids staying.

Green
Diallo
Baker
Hagans
Quickley
Herro
Johnson

Would be platoon-grade depth. Gotta think KJ and Diallo become obligate small forwards in such a roster, and that Baker and Herro don’t average more than 5 minutes per game.

Gabriel and Diallo probably gone. Hope not, but seems to be the trend. Diallo to NBA and Gabriel overseas.

Reactions: brianpoe
Vanderbilt
Diallo
PJ
Wenyen.

I hope your right Runt! If we get all 4 of those guys back...I REALLY like the CATS chances for adding another NCAA Title Trophy to the collection.

Nobody mentioned SKJ transferring either. It’s a prepare for the worst, hope for the best yearly scenario here.

I was one who thought there would be a transfer, two at the absolute most. I figured SKJ was the most likely one to transfer, based on his playing time this year and last. I thought Green might be one, too, with two guards coming in, and the possibility of SGA coming back.

But I don't see much need for anyone else to transfer. Green still has a role, and Gabriel is now the only non-freshman or sophomore. He'll get his minutes. SKJ leaving just made Gabriel a much more important player.

Nobody mentioned SKJ transferring either. It’s a prepare for the worst, hope for the best yearly scenario here.

SKJ and WG have totally different situations, though.

WG has been a rotation player in his two years at UK and has shown pretty reasonable progress. SKJ just became the sixth best frontcourt player the moment Montgomery picked UK.

WG is third in the frontcourt rotation right now, and that’s with a healthy Vanderbilt; otherwise Gabriel is likely second in the rotation.

I’m also trying to figure out the point of origin for the “Gabriel’s leaving” stuff. If there’s smoke, where the hell’s it coming from - the goofy lawyer with the scant mustache and bad haircut over at KSR?

Gabriel and Diallo probably gone. Hope not, but seems to be the trend. Diallo to NBA and Gabriel overseas.

Oh yes, I’ve heard that one. Gabriel needs to earn a paycheck to feed his starving family and is willing to take a check wherever he can get it. I’m told his family is still living out in teepees in the frozen tundra somewhere, hoping they can just eat enough calories each day until Wenyen is able to send them enough cash to buy some bread and cheese down at the local wilderness market.

Oh yes, I’ve heard that one. Gabriel needs to earn a paycheck to feed his starving family and is willing to take a check wherever he can get it. I’m told his family is still living out in teepees in the frozen tundra somewhere, hoping they can just eat enough calories each day until Wenyen is able to send them enough cash to buy some bread and cheese down at the local wilderness market.

I never bought that line either and if he is truly willing to go to the G League that $19k wont buy anything...

Lets face it, they all gone.

No, but your coach will be gone soon, so there’s that.

I can’t wait to see the Duke Empire burn to the ground within three years.

It’s going to be beautiful bathing in your fan base’s tears, then hanging your sorrow out on the clothes line when the next coach fails to keep Duke’s success even at 60% present sustainability.

Once the old man dies, you’ll be left sitting alone, watching old VHS tapes of the glorious Duke runs of the past, as your mind screamingly reminds you that Cherokee Parks was nothing more than a fake Indian the whole time, and that Capel is cramming two to three crispy creams down his throat as Wojo snorts lines off a male prostitute’s thigh under a trampy Durham overpass.

It’s going to be beautiful bathing in your fan base’s tears, then hanging your sorrow out on the clothes line when the next coach fails to keep Duke’s success even at 60% present sustainability.

Once the old man dies, you’ll be left sitting alone, watching old VHS tapes of the glorious Duke runs of the past, as your mind screamingly reminds you that Cherokee Parks was nothing more than a fake Indian the whole time, and that Capel is cramming two to three crispy creams down his throat as Wojo snorts lines off a male prostitute’s thigh under a trampy Durham overpass.
[roll]

Lets face it, they all gone.

P.S.

Watching Coach K writhe in horror as Grayson’s shot rolled in and out – twice - is the kind of stuff to make a man wet the bed in joy.

I’ll never forget Grayson’s choke job. I laughed and danced and threw cheese joyously in the air, honoring the failed Rat for his pathetic choice in letting Grayson, and not Bagley, take the potential game-winning shot!

Maybe we can get Shelden Williams to feed K some pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving day like Morgan Freeman did for the senile Jessica Tandy in Driving Miss Daisy.

“Now there ya go, Mr. K, eat slow now, you wanna make sure you get the whole thing down now.”

Filmes%2Bpara%2Bver%2Bna%2BNetflix.png

Last edited:
P.S.

Watching Coach K writhe in horror as Grayson’s shot rolled in and out – TWICE - is the stuff to make a man wet the bed in joy.

I’ll never forget Grayson’s choke job. I laughed and danced and threw cheese joyously in the air, honoring the failed Rat for his pathetic choice in letting Grayson, and not Bagley, take the potential game-winning shot!

You wouldn’t think the GOAT would allow for such a boneheaded shot selection, as opposed to going to his first-team All-American stud for the win!

The old man is clearly losing it, and it’s precious stuff.
Wooden would have figured out a way to play man effectively and get Bagley the ball nonstop. Heck Porter Moser, Bill Self and about 100 other Division 1 coaches could've figured it out.

You think the NCAA abandons the preferential treatment just because ratface is gone? Think again....

Vanderbilt
Diallo
PJ
Wenyen.

Richards?

Reactions: fabcat
Vanderbilt
Diallo
PJ
Wenyen.

What happened to Richards ? Did I miss something and he Transferred?

ADVERTISEMENT