ADVERTISEMENT

Analyzing the Skills and Weaknesses of Issel

Correct me if I'm wrong, but those lists were meant more towards the NBA careers. His NBA resume was pretty light for that list.
Yes. That was for the NBA/ABA.

He had a strong NBA career. He was very much in the discussion for top 50.

Had it all been NBA numbers he was a lock.

A lot of voters still took away from the ABA guys. Even though they were told to not.

Reactions: ukfan1622
Yes. That was for the NBA/ABA.

He had a strong NBA career. He was very much in the discussion for top 50.

Had it all been NBA numbers he was a lock.

A lot of voters still took away from the ABA guys. Even though they were told to not.
If anyone got snubbed off the top 50 list it was Dominique Wilkins. That omission was criminal.

If anyone got snubbed off the top 50 list it was Dominique Wilkins. That omission was criminal.
True. Can be more than one snub. When Issel retired he was number 4 on the all time NBA scoring list. I don't where he is now. He's still the all time Denver rebounding leader.

He was simply an all time great. Elected to the HoF his first year of eligibility.

How do you know it’s a good evaluation?
I don’t know if it was good in terms of correctness. It was good in terms of providing assessment of how his game was played on the court. What an unnecessary question lol. I’m looking to understand his game. Anyone that helps me do that, I appreciate

Furthermore, there are two pages of off-topic comments about Issel from people but that poster took time to explain Issel’s game which is the very point of the topic.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT