ADVERTISEMENT

An Early Bowl Projection:

The-Hack

All-American
Oct 1, 2016
And likely meaningless. Has us in the Liberty Bowl.

I’ll give the writer credit. He puts Mizzou in the Citrus at 10-2, noting they have the easiest road, and will be a rare 10-2 exclusion from the playoffs. He also knows the Citrus is (and has been) the “first out” of the NYD6/Playoffs.

I think Mizzou is being vastly overrated. They had a weak schedule last year, played UGA tough and beat Tennessee. That's about the extent of the accomplishments considering Ohio State was down to 3rd stringers for the bowl game.

I can easily see them going 8-4, with loses to Auburn, Bama, TAMU, and Oklahoma.

I can easily see them going 8-4, with loses to Auburn, Bama, TAMU, and Oklahoma.

Oddly, their fake punt trailing 14-0 to us turned two seasons: it sent us tumbling to 7 wins, and propelled them to the NYD6.

They have Luther Burden, (a former five Star WR still, I think), but their talent otherwise is not overwhelming.

Last edited:
Oddly, their fake punt trailing 14-0 to us turned two seasons: it sent us tumbling to 7 wins, and propelled them to the NYD6.

They have Luther Burden, (a former five Star WR still, I think), but their talent otherwise is not overwhelming.

The WR on the other side is pretty good too, not Burden good but very good, the QB is a 6 year guy coming off a very successful season. They hit the portal for another RB, don't know if they found a little bowling ball like they had last year that forced you to end up in alot of man coverage because of the number of tackles he broke. If not, then I expect their offense to struggle, QB doesn't have a huge arm, depends on WRs and YAC alot. But I think they lost a lot of players off their defense, they also lost their DC who was pretty good one, to ATM I think but not sure about that. I think Drink is an idiot, they are likely to have a good season because of their schedule. I believe Missouri just gave him a big extension.

Reactions: Nuke99m
The WR on the other side is pretty good too, not Burden good but very good, the QB is a 6 year guy coming off a very successful season. They hit the portal for another RB, don't know if they found a little bowling ball like they had last year that forced you to end up in alot of man coverage because of the number of tackles he broke. If not, then I expect their offense to struggle, QB doesn't have a huge arm, depends on WRs and YAC alot. But I think they lost a lot of players off their defense, they also lost their DC who was pretty good one, to ATM I think but not sure about that. I think Drink is an idiot, they are likely to have a good season because of their schedule. I believe Missouri just gave him a big extension.
Good analysis Grumpy. I will say this. I think Mizzou is being ranked because of schedule. I seriously think UK is being overlooked because of schedule. As some have mentioned - most people don't realize that UK was 3 plays away from being 10-3 last year. instead of 7-6. Grumpy has a better idea than any of us in reality - but Vandagriff could be the difference in UK going 9-3 or better this year. If he is as good as some people have indicateed, even with his lack of game experience - this UK team could be one of the surprises of college football! The game I have talked about for months is Ole Miss. I think UK has a huge chance to win this game - if they do - then we would start being listed as a potential playoff contender. The game is early enough to be a factor. Game is September 28th- UK could be 4-1 with win over top 10 team - on the road!

Go Big Blue!

Reactions: The-Hack
I think Drink is an idiot,

He seems a tad goofy in interviews, but I haven’t seen obvious gaffs in his play calling.

I know you like the Coach at UF, and know his family, but he made some of the most egregious coaching errors I have seen in years, two years ago. At both the eight minute mark and the 3 minute mark, facing fourth down in his own territory, he had his team go for it.

Yes, I know some analytics show this to be wise, but Kentucky had had a terrible time long-snapping the ball to its kickers, putting one 10 feet over the punters head, and rolling one on the ground on an extra point attempt. Napier would have been far wiser to kick Kentucky deep, hold them
and make them try to snap the ball for a punt. Arguably, Florida’s only advantage at that point in the game was Kentucky’s long-snapper snafus.

But he gifted our spooked long-snapper by going for it on 4th down twice in his own territory in the final eight minutes: Kentucky kicked a field goal to end it, but did not have to punt in the final eight minutes.

A very bizarre series of decisions, indicating an actual disregard for the play on the field, and knowledge of his opponent.

Our long-snappers then and now, have futures spelled “MBA,” “Phd.,” and “JD.”

Our defensive secondary Napier challenged on those 4th downs all had futures spelled “NFL.”

Reactions: Blouman

Their QB has been there for about 8 years too.

Mizzou DC ended up at LSU.

But great analysis

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT