ADVERTISEMENT

Alec Baldwin - UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah and it's not someone reading posts on a message board determining the penalties. What we know for a fact is Alec Baldwin shot and killed a lady on the set of a movie. Most everything else is either under investigation or supporting evidence to the fact he killed another human with a gun.

Do you think reading posts on this forum puts you in a position to determine his fate?
I never said it did? What about you? The difference between the two of us is that I'm speaking from a place of belief and I understand my own biases and I also understand that nearly everything in life operates in the gray area.

Your beliefs have turned into statements of fact based on your own refusal to accept that you are speaking from a place of internal bias.

With that being said...do you think Baldwin will be charged with murder and sentenced to prison time? Because at the end of the day that's all that matters to you. Law and order baby. **** the facts. Someone has got to do the time am I right?

I’ll never understand the obsession old men have with Marion. Very strange. Only thing I can think of is his hate for gay people and his love of white supremacy. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
The only thing you can think of is 2 things? Says more about you than anyone else if the only 2 things you can think of are gay people and white supremacy.
Common sense says one treats every weapon as if it were loaded. If the scene called for pointing the weapon at his own head and pulling the trigger, would he have been more diligent? Earlier I posted safety recommendations by one of the 2 major actor's unions. He violated several of those. As producer, he hired the "safety experts".
He would tell you he would have done the same thing because of his implicit trust of the gun wrangler. Of course he would have checked it.
The posters here hate him because of that. Never said her dad did. If Baldwin were not involved no on on here would have thought 2 seconds about it.
You don't get to say that. Baldwin is involved. Baldwin pulled the trigger. Nothing else matters beyond that. He was the last line of defense against an accident and he failed. Now he has lied about it. Can't think of any actor that wouldn't be under scrutiny at this point.
Not my fault the truth hurts you so much.
Do you ever talk about anything at all where you would be considered well versed on the subject?

Can you prove that the negligence is his fault? That is was based off of him performing at his full ability and that he willingly put someone's life in danger based on his own prior knowledge?
Who’s movie set was it? Who pulled the trigger?

ignorance doesn’t get you out of legal trouble. If I don’t know the speed limit I’m still getting a speeding ticket for going over. If I don’t know gun safety rules and I pull the trigger that fires the bullet that ends a life I am responsible

The only thing you can think of is 2 things? Says more about you than anyone else if the only 2 things you can think of are gay people and white supremacy.

He would tell you he would have done the same thing because of his implicit trust of the gun wrangler. Of course he would have checked it.

You don't get to say that. Baldwin is involved. Baldwin pulled the trigger. Nothing else matters beyond that. He was the last line of defense against an accident and he failed. Now he has lied about it. Can't think of any actor that wouldn't be under scrutiny at this point.

Do you ever talk about anything at all where you would be considered well versed on the subject?
Read his words. Marion’s own words. If you support that then I can’t relate to you at all.

The issue being that you and I come from a section of the country where we learn this from a very young age. Baldwin is from NY. He is also a liberal I'm assuming? The odds of him knowing or caring about firearm safety are low. Did the production company take through a firearm safety course? Did someone warn him that the firearm is loaded? If not then there is no way of knowing not to do something within the confines of a movie set. You can't just assume that everyone knows what you know and you can't sentence someone to prison based on your belief that everyone should understand the power of a gun and gun safety. American's aren't taught gun safety out of the womb. We are because of where we are from.
In the past I posted the weapon safety recommendations from one of the two major actors unions. One pertains to training and if you do not have sufficient training that you should demand it. Of course since Alec was in charge of the movie, he could demand of himself that he get more training. He violated many safety protocols.

Who’s movie set was it? Who pulled the trigger?

ignorance doesn’t get you out of legal trouble. If I don’t know the speed limit I’m still getting a speeding ticket for going over. If I don’t know gun safety rules and I pull the trigger that fires the bullet that ends a life I am responsible
Sure but who's to say that he understood that the gun was loaded? And I'm legitimately asking you. Have we been told whether or not that he knew the gun was loaded and the safety was off? I haven't dived very deep into this so I don't really know.

Sure but who's to say that he understood that the gun was loaded? And I'm legitimately asking you. Have we been told whether or not that he knew the gun was loaded and the safety was off? I haven't dived very deep into this so I don't really know.
You’ll never hear anyone associated with him admit he knew the gun was loaded whether he did or not. That would be a dumb thing for him to admit

Can someone post safety recommendations for gun handling? Have seen that mentioned here 🙄

In the past I posted the weapon safety recommendations from one of the two major actors unions. One pertains to training and if you do not have sufficient training that you should demand it. Of course since Alec was in charge of the movie, he could demand of himself that he get more training. He violated many safety protocols.
Well that changes things. Would he have been in charge of bringing the firearms onto the set or would a separate entity have provided them with the guns? And assuming that he was in charge of the movie I'm going to say he knew that the gun(s) were loaded?

Then that sounds like he should be charged with something.

I still don't understand why anyone would use a loaded gun on a movie set.

You’ll never hear anyone associated with him admit he knew the gun was loaded whether he did or not. That would be a dumb thing for him to admit
I think....and this is just coming from a place of my own understanding of the law and what I know right now....that if he knew the gun was loaded and there is evidence of that then he should be charged with the murder.

If they can't prove that he knew the gun was loaded then there are too many moving variables and I'm not sure the man can be charged with anything.

I never said it did? What about you? The difference between the two of us is that I'm speaking from a place of belief and I understand my own biases and I also understand that nearly everything in life operates in the gray area.

Your beliefs have turned into statements of fact based on your own refusal to accept that you are speaking from a place of internal bias.

With that being said...do you think Baldwin will be charged with murder and sentenced to prison time? Because at the end of the day that's all that matters to you. Law and order baby. **** the facts. Someone has got to do the time am I right?

I was confused after you came to the conclusion this was political and not negligence or murder from reading previous posts while assigning him financial penalties and exonerating him from most everything else. Oh, you also added where you were born and raised as if those are in anyway relevant to a shooting on a movie set.

My apologies and I'll try to avoid using any facts when trying to understand what in the actual fvck you're talking about.

Do I think he should be charged with murder? If the investigation determines he committed murder then yeah, I'd probably be good with that.

• Haha
Reactions: _Mav_
Clear the chamber is a good place to start.

don’t point at anything you don’t intend to shoot would probably also be a good one to follow.
And don’t hire a person whose sole responsibility is to check and maintain weapons on a movie set. Let the actors do that job. They all are probably well versed on weapons. No reason to trust a “professional “ who tells you the gun is cold.

Well that changes things. Would he have been in charge of bringing the firearms onto the set or would a separate entity have provided them with the guns? And assuming that he was in charge of the movie I'm going to say he knew that the gun(s) were loaded?

Then that sounds like he should be charged with something.

I still don't understand why anyone would use a loaded gun on a movie set.
There are many rumors going around, but I don't know how true they are. He hired the weapon experts. The weapon was in his hand. People had walked off the set over prior safety incidents. Other than that, I'll wait for the trial.

I was confused after you came to the conclusion this was political and not negligence or murder from reading previous posts while assigning him financial penalties and exonerating him from most everything else. Oh, you also added where you were born and raised as if those are in anyway relevant to a shooting on a movie set.

My apologies and I'll try to avoid using any facts when trying to understand what in the actual fvck you're talking about.

Do I think he should be charged with murder? If the investigation determines he committed murder then yeah, I'd probably be good with that.
I said the conversation (on here) was political. Not the investigation. The investigation is warranted.

I also think that if the investigation determines he committed murder that he should be charged with murder.

And don’t hire a person whose sole responsibility is to check and maintain weapons on a movie set. Let the actors do that job. They all are probably well versed on weapons. No reason to trust a “professional “ who tells you the gun is cold.
The actor's union's safety recommendations state the actor should ask for more training if they aren't well versed.

Reactions: Cawood86
No reason to trust a “professional “ who tells you the gun is cold.
Exactly. That's what most of us have been saying all along. When someone hands you a gun and you voluntarily take possession of it, it doesn't matter whether they are a professional or not. Additionally, it doesn't matter if they 'tell' you it's cold or clear. It is your responsibility to handle the gun in a safe manner. This begins with checking its condition yourself each and every time, even if you personally witnessed them clear it before handing it to you.

This shit ain't hard.

The actor's union's safety recommendations state the actor should ask for more training if they aren't well versed.
Exactly. That's what most of us have been saying all along. When someone hands you a gun and you voluntarily take possession of it, it doesn't matter whether they are a professional or not. Additionally, it doesn't matter if they 'tell' you it's cold or clear. It is your responsibility to handle the gun in a safe manner. This begins with checking its condition yourself each and every time, even if you personally witnessed them clear it before handing it to you.

This shit ain't hard.
If you get new brakes put on your car do you inspect them before you drive? If you get a prescription do you check to see you got the correct medicine? He will have some responsibility. Financially of course. But your dream of him being put in prison is just not going to happen.

The issue being that you and I come from a section of the country where we learn this from a very young age. Baldwin is from NY. He is also a liberal I'm assuming? The odds of him knowing or caring about firearm safety are low. Did the production company take through a firearm safety course? Did someone warn him that the firearm is loaded? If not then there is no way of knowing not to do something within the confines of a movie set. You can't just assume that everyone knows what you know and you can't sentence someone to prison based on your belief that everyone should understand the power of a gun and gun safety. American's aren't taught gun safety out of the womb. We are because of where we are from.

Wrong. There are gun owners in New York.....and they follow the same principles. Also, this isn't Baldwin's first encounter with a firearm. He's dealt with them a lot of times in his past.

Reactions: _Mav_
Of course not. However, if I were picking up my car after the brakes were replaced and chatting with my mechanic, I would absolutely clear any gun he handed to me and I sure as hell wouldn't point it at anyone else in the garage.
You get guns from mechanics? Sounds illegal.

Wrong. There are gun owners in New York.....and they follow the same principles. Also, this isn't Baldwin's first encounter with a firearm. He's dealt with them a lot of times in his past.
Okay man haha

I never said that New Yorkers weren't allowed to have guns.

I see what you are saying but isn't it his responsibility, and the responsibility of anyone holding a gun, to know if it's loaded or not. Are you saying a person who holds and fires a gun without checking should bear no responsibility for what happens after?

So you are arguing that the person in possession of a firearm has no responsibility to check it before pulling the trigger if someone else has told them it's not loaded?

Seems his whole purpose is to bait. He is a woke stereotype.
Actually I just disagree with 90% of the posters on here. That’s not baiting. You all are so used to being around people who agree with you that you can’t take someone that doesn’t. Every time someone on here disagrees with me it validates my beliefs.

The posters here hate him because of that. Never said her dad did. If Baldwin were not involved no on on here would have thought 2 seconds about it.
Baldwin has a 30 year record of being an asshole to people and violently attacking people in public. He constantly gets the benefit of the doubt because he says the right things and gives money to the right places. This is a case of a female on set asking Baldwin to do something that he got pissed over and decided to be an asshole and point the gun at her and pull the trigger. He didn't load it but, out of anger, he pointed the gun at her and pulled the trigger. It fits his character for his entire life.

It's not intentional homicide but he committed manslaughter at the least. The politics of this is because if he wasn't who he was he would already have been charged.

Reactions: bertfan31
Baldwin has a 30 year record of being an asshole to people and violently attacking people in public. He constantly gets the benefit of the doubt because he says the right things and gives money to the right places. This is a case of a female on set asking Baldwin to do something that he got pissed over and decided to be an asshole and point the gun at her and pull the trigger. He didn't load it but, out of anger, he pointed the gun at her and pulled the trigger. It fits his character for his entire life.
You need help.

You get guns from mechanics? Sounds illegal.
Sometimes, sure. I've also purchased guns from plumbers, electricians, and carpenters (not the waterhead twin singer* kind though), among others. There's nothing illegal about private citizens selling guns to each other.

*H/T CastleRubric

Last edited:
I see what you are saying but isn't it his responsibility, and the responsibility of anyone holding a gun, to know if it's loaded or not. Are you saying a person who holds and fires a gun without checking should bear no responsibility for what happens after?
Assuming that we don't know the entire situation, what I'm trying to say is that anything could have happened during the filming of the movie. He could have been told that it was a fake or a prop. He could have been told that it was cold. Its not the first time someone has ever had a gun pointed at them on a movie set. Where do we draw the line between accident and murder? Would you charge the guys who controls the rig on a bungee jump with murder if they hooked someone up and didn't check the rig and the cord broke? No one would get charged with murder. The family would sue the company...and thats where I think this ultimately ends up. Baldwin will get sued out of the ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT