ADVERTISEMENT

Alec Baldwin - UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think anyone could argue it was premeditated and thus he shouldn't be charged with 1st degree murder. He can and should be charged for manslaughter for his reckless behavior in pointing a gun at someone and pulling the trigger regardless of it being on a movie set or a prop gun.
There seems to be so many safety/protocol issues violated …. I had NO idea that REAL firearms could/would be used on a movie set… Film/TV they point and shoot at people all the time… So why a real firearm was used beats the hell out of me?

Did I miss where he was charged with a crime?
268434195_917739489108605_2321523214409268365_n.jpg

"It is clear to me Baldwin fired the shot from his hand so it’s hard for me to understand how he cannot be held partly responsible for my daughter's death."
I don't know much about this entire story but how can this be Alec Baldwin's fault? Also why did anyone hand him a loaded gun on a movie set?

Just going back and reading the posts I realize that this has become entirely political. I'll be honest....I have no clue how anyone can turn a movie set accident/tragedy into a not guilty or guilty sentence based on the political beliefs of the dude. He should probably have to pay the woman's family some amount of money and have some sort of other punishment but this doesn't feel like murder to me. I'm not even sure it feels like manslaughter on his part. Also wtf are they using loaded guns for?

Why even have laws or hold people responsible? I mean, it's not like anyone could have prevented this tragedy and clearly no one is to blame but the gun and only the gun.

Reactions: bertfan31
Why even have laws or hold people responsible? I mean, it's not like anyone could have prevented this tragedy and clearly no one is to blame but the gun and only the gun.
There are ways of holding someone responsible without throwing them in prison. His career should probably suffer some type of hit...I'm sure that will happen naturally....his bank account should take a massive hit....but unless its determined without a shadow of a doubt that something malicious or negligent happened on his part....then I don't see a case for him being thrown in prison.

I don't know much about this entire story but how can this be Alec Baldwin's fault? Also why did anyone hand him a loaded gun on a movie set?
Common sense says one treats every weapon as if it were loaded. If the scene called for pointing the weapon at his own head and pulling the trigger, would he have been more diligent? Earlier I posted safety recommendations by one of the 2 major actor's unions. He violated several of those. As producer, he hired the "safety experts".

There are ways of holding someone responsible without throwing them in prison. His career should probably suffer some type of hit...I'm sure that will happen naturally....his bank account should take a massive hit....but unless its determined without a shadow of a doubt that something malicious or negligent happened on his part....then I don't see a case for him being thrown in prison.
You know what? I think a few hours of community service would suffice. Thanks for opening my eyes without you I would have continued to think people should be held accountable for their actions.

Common sense says one treats every weapon as if it were loaded. If the scene called for pointing the weapon at his own head and pulling the trigger, would he have been more diligent? Earlier I posted safety recommendations by one of the 2 major actor's unions. He violated several of those. As producer, he hired the "safety experts".
So what’s you opinion of Johnny Wayne?

You know what? I think a few hours of community service would suffice. Thanks for opening my eyes without you I would have continued to think people should be held accountable for their actions.
We can play ignorant all day but no one said anything about community service. I said he shouldn't go to prison. Not that he should only get community service. A prison sentence doesn't help her family. Him losing his career, the ability to have a firearm, and the largest portion of his assets helps her family.

Unfortunately for Baldwin, the legal standard is "beyond a reasonable doubt," not "without a shadow of a doubt."
I understand what the legal standard is. I'm talking from my point of view. The court of public opinion doesn't care about reasonable doubt. Is he guilty of murdering someone or not?

Saying the girl's grieving father is holding Alec Baldwin partly responsible because the man doesn't like Baldwin's politics may be the most stupid, lacking in human compassion and boorish thing you've said on this board, and that covers immense territory.
The posters here hate him because of that. Never said her dad did. If Baldwin were not involved no on on here would have thought 2 seconds about it.

This is simple, Baldwin had the gun in his hand.......that means that in some part he is responsible. Even if the gun was faulty, Baldwin at the very least is guilty of being negligent of not checking the gun himself. While he may not be qualified enough to discern if a firearm is faulty or in perfect working order, he ABSOLUTELY is qualified enough to check to see if it's loaded, keep his finger off the trigger, and is ABSOLUTELY responsible for which way the barrel is pointed. This statement is not political. This is common sense and is the way ALL GUN owners/handlers/operators are held to a standard.

This is simple, Baldwin had the gun in his hand.......that means that in some part he is responsible. Even if the gun was faulty, Baldwin at the very least is guilty of being negligent of not checking the gun himself. While he may not be qualified enough to discern if a firearm is faulty or in perfect working order, he ABSOLUTELY is qualified enough to check to see if it's loaded, keep his finger off the trigger, and is ABSOLUTELY responsible for which way the barrel is pointed. This statement is not political. This is common sense and is the way ALL GUN owners/handlers/operators are held to a standard.
The issue being that you and I come from a section of the country where we learn this from a very young age. Baldwin is from NY. He is also a liberal I'm assuming? The odds of him knowing or caring about firearm safety are low. Did the production company take through a firearm safety course? Did someone warn him that the firearm is loaded? If not then there is no way of knowing not to do something within the confines of a movie set. You can't just assume that everyone knows what you know and you can't sentence someone to prison based on your belief that everyone should understand the power of a gun and gun safety. American's aren't taught gun safety out of the womb. We are because of where we are from.

He’s guilty of ending someone’s life through gross negligence
Can you prove that the negligence is his fault? That is was based off of him performing at his full ability and that he willingly put someone's life in danger based on his own prior knowledge?

The issue being that you and I come from a section of the country where we learn this from a very young age. Baldwin is from NY. He is also a liberal I'm assuming? The odds of him knowing or caring about firearm safety are low. Did the production company take through a firearm safety course? Did someone warn him that the firearm is loaded? If not then there is no way of knowing not to do something within the confines of a movie set. You can't just assume that everyone knows what you know and you can't sentence someone to prison based on your belief that everyone should understand the power of a gun and gun safety. American's aren't taught gun safety out of the womb. We are because of where we are from.
Probably why movies hire a professional to police the guns on a movie set.

Yeah and it's not someone reading posts on a message board determining the penalties. What we know for a fact is Alec Baldwin shot and killed a lady on the set of a movie. Most everything else is either under investigation or supporting evidence to the fact he killed another human with a gun.

Do you think reading posts on this forum puts you in a position to determine his fate?

The posters here hate him because of that. Never said her dad did. If Baldwin were not involved no on on here would have thought 2 seconds about it.
That whole part of the thread was in the context of her father holding Baldwin responsible so denying it only makes you sound worse, if possible.

He is/was a producer on the movie and therefore is a representative of the production company.

Reactions: ThroughBlue
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT