ADVERTISEMENT

Alabama Basketball building new practice facility

sosoblue

Senior
Aug 18, 2004
Alabama AD is going all in on the basketball program and Nate Oats. Alabama should never be ahead of the UK basketball program in facilites. I know Cal wanted a new practice facility before he left UK. I wonder if it something that Mitch will consider before he retires.

Football fans won't allow it.... Football fans in Alabama are in their own world.

I bet my pond in Summerville SC has five or six chairs in it by now. A neighbor two houses away via the pond chunked a chair two different times into our pond.... A nice guy except when Alabama loses a football game...

Can't imagine what a rivalry inside the school will cause...

Reactions: Fox2monk
Just curious how all that works? How do Universities distribute the money?
Alabama’s athletic department is self-sustaining, just like UK’s. So, the university does not provide funding for projects like this. Projects still need to be approved by the BOT’s. If the project needs funding through the state (not all funded by gifts), then the project needs to fit within the bond debt capacity of the university…and that is where it can get stuck at times.

Football fans won't allow it.... Football fans in Alabama are in their own world.

I bet my pond in Summerville SC has five or six chairs in it by now. A neighbor two houses away via the pond chunked a chair two different times into our pond.... A nice guy except when Alabama loses a football game...

Can't imagine what a rivalry inside the school will cause...
I’ve lived in Summerville since 1990. Paducah is my home

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT