ADVERTISEMENT

AJ Dybantsa planning a late decision kentucky remains in the mix

An actual must get recruit.

I just don’t see how anyone can view a HS player this way after the last 10 years of recruiting top 1 or 2 classes with not even a final four or 1 seed. That article posted today of popes top 2 things he looks for being shooting and skill don’t really favor 18 year olds imo. Think pope will need to have continuity, transfers, and 2 or 3 HS recruits sprinkled in. Don’t think a freshman will ever be a make or break for us with Popes style.

I just don’t see how anyone can view a HS player this way after the last 10 years of recruiting top 1 or 2 classes with not even a final four or 1 seed. That article posted today of popes top 2 things he looks for being shooting and skill don’t really favor 18 year olds imo. Think pope will need to have continuity, transfers, and 2 or 3 HS recruits sprinkled in. Don’t think a freshman will ever be a make or break for us with Popes style.
I think you take recruits like this. There's a difference between John Wall, Zion, AD, RJ Barret, true top 5 guys are takers. Top 20-25 guys usually are the ones who you dont want. That's the disconnect.

Even Pope said you need a good mix of ''burger boys'' and transfers.

A probable future #1 pick and a guy who, if surrounded by solid transfer upperclassmen, could lead UK to a Final Four.

I still think UK is a distant 5th place with the kid, behind Arkansas, Alabama, UConn, and USC.

If I'm Pope, I exhaust at least half of the NIL fund on this kid. You surround him with Chandler, Perry, Noah, Garrison, Oweh and two or three more rotation pieces, and you already have a top 5 team.

Have you seen this kid play 6ft9 and can play anywhere on the court including pg don't come around to often

I’d love to get him but I don’t see him as a “must get “ recruit. When’s the last time a freshman led a team to a championship, or even a final four.
Well, when we've had top 5 pick freshmen on the team, we've made the Elite Eight (2010); Final Four (2012); Final Four (2015); and the Elite Eight (2017).

Over the last 15 years, the only year we've had a top 5 pick on the roster and not made a Final Four was last season with Sheppard.

Dybantsa is transcendent in the same way Zion and Wall were. Both of those guys made the Elite Eight. He could be a piece, and a very good piece, and if he's surrounded by veterans, he wouldn't have to be "the man", but rather, one of a few men on the team that could help us dramatically.

Have you seen this kid play 6ft9 and can play anywhere on the court including pg don't come around to often
This kid looks like a man already. He woukd be a beast if Pope can get him. I hope they are going all out for him. Think he will be one freshman who will be a difference maker.

Reactions: RunninRichie
This kid looks like a man already. He woukd be a beast if Pope can get him. I hope they are going all out for him. Think he will be one freshman who will be a difference maker.
We need a few of these high rated recruits to mix with the veterans and some local players we don't need 8 or 9 of them

Reactions: RunninRichie
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT