ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky set to practice against la familia

That La Familia roster is about 10 to 12 points better than what we've got. If Pope's guys keep it close, I'll be impressed. With Ulis coaching them, it will be a war.

The pro team has a ton of legitimate talent: Bledsoe, Harrison, Teague, Lamb, Grady, Young, Travis, WCS, Orton, Sestina.

That's five former 1st round picks, and 10 guys who have played for pay their entire careers.

Probably way more than 10 to 12 if they give 100%.

Love that we’re mending the fracture with some of Cals guys. I saw where Wiltjer apologized for his pic in a razorback uniform and said it was a mistake and he was caught up in the moment. Said he’s BBN for life. Cousins will eventually do the same. Calipari made a lot of sht about himself to the point where his former players felt the need to choose but again, Kentucky is too big for typical Cal games. It’s not gonna work here. I expect nearly all of his former players to end up back at UK just like the rest. Even Ulis isn’t messing around with that. This is the place they’ll be remembered forever, this is where they’re famous. Again Calipari should tell all of them, if he cares, not to ruin what they have at Kentucky but he won’t because it’s all about him and always has been. But then I even feel he knows it too, that’s why he back tracked and moved lightly on the way out while throwing us a rose. Kentucky is just too big to mess about with.

When AD retires he’s the one we need to have back and put his damn jersey in the rafters. It’s for the Kentucky brand and legacy. Heal all the fractures over the years and make it all about Kentucky. These games are a good start.

Darn you!

I'll give Kyle the benefit of the doubt. He put up with some crap here, and worked to get better, but I find it odd that after all UK did for him his first reaction was to "put on a Razorback uniform". Like you said, it makes me wonder if Kyle was only echoing what most of the rest of the players under Cal echoed. That UK doesn't really matter to them.

I'll give Kyle the benefit of the doubt. He put up with some crap here, and worked to get better, but I find it odd that after all UK did for him his first reaction was to "put on a Razorback uniform". Like you said, it makes me wonder if Kyle was only echoing what most of the rest of the players under Cal echoed. That UK doesn't really matter to them.
Maybe what several perceived to be from uk, being recruited over, rushed out, was what in fact they were getting from cow.

Yeah, but there is no way a group of returning Kentucky players would embarrass the incoming team, especially under a new head coach who is trying to win over the fanbase...Would not be a good look...
As a former college athlete I would do my best to win and not be concerned with anyone’s feelings or appearances.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Sharpe is for sure the one I never want remembered later at UK. He doesn’t need to be invited back and he doesn’t even need to be in media guides. Wash his name from the program and set the precedent. Do not recognize nor honor 1 second of his time here. I’d even argue to contact the NBA and remind them to remove the name from his listing there, that he never played at Kentucky. They’d probably fix it.
I agree, replace him with all the water boys that helped each team.

I agree, replace him with all the water boys that helped each team.

I’d like him to be labeled by an unknown like East Central of Louisville State University. ECLSU, close to the SCLSU mud dogs. Admiringly on a map it’s UK sure but we gotta find some way. If nothing else get the guy out of the media books that just pissed me off to no end.

That’s a solid TBT roster. Bledsoe and WCS? I’d love to watch the practice but if these older guys are still in shape it’s going to be a tough game.

Probably way more than 10 to 12 if they give 100%.
That's what I was thinking. If we keep this around 10 that speaks well for our team. Unless those guys are just wayyyy over the hill that is a really talented squad. If they play d and rebound they could beat any team in the country pretty easy.

That's what I was thinking. If we keep this around 10 that speaks well for our team. Unless those guys are just wayyyy over the hill that is a really talented squad. If they play d and rebound they could beat any team in the country pretty easy.

People always talked about freshmen going against grown men seniors. That is magnified significantly against this team for our current team, even with a lot of upperclassmen. These are legit pro players and a lot of them dominated here during their time. Final fours and a national title for Lamb.

Reactions: hmt5000
Lol. He became a consensus AA at Gonzaga & was all-WCC twice & WCCT MVP twice. Hell, he was SEC 6MOY, here. He always had the potential to be a HECK of a weapon at the college level, if utilized properly.

He wasn’t built for the go make a play offense though, so it wouldn’t have happened here. It would have taken a coach who can actually adapt to his team and one willing to do what it takes to win basketball games. Our offense was all about guys that showcase for the draft so he made the right move leaving. But yea he was definitely MVP material even here just needed a coach.

I wish I was using hyperbole but I’m not. Cal is unique and he refused to adapt to his rosters. He would rather lose than do it quite literally.

Love that we’re mending the fracture with some of Cals guys. I saw where Wiltjer apologized for his pic in a razorback uniform and said it was a mistake and he was caught up in the moment. Said he’s BBN for life. Cousins will eventually do the same. Calipari made a lot of sht about himself to the point where his former players felt the need to choose but again, Kentucky is too big for typical Cal games. It’s not gonna work here. I expect nearly all of his former players to end up back at UK just like the rest. Even Ulis isn’t messing around with that. This is the place they’ll be remembered forever, this is where they’re famous. Again Calipari should tell all of them, if he cares, not to ruin what they have at Kentucky but he won’t because it’s all about him and always has been. But then I even feel he knows it too, that’s why he back tracked and moved lightly on the way out while throwing us a rose. Kentucky is just too big to mess about with.

When AD retires he’s the one we need to have back and put his damn jersey in the rafters. It’s for the Kentucky brand and legacy. Heal all the fractures over the years and make it all about Kentucky. These games are a good start.
Nice post. It is and always has been about the Tradition, Program, and BBN. Cal arrogantly always tried to make it about himself and his altruistic aspirations. Pope is not just a breath of fresh air, comparatively ... Pope is a fresh gale-force wind, comparatively because he understands what UKMBB is all about and is humble enough to nurture that reality. We're in good hands and I couldn't be happier.

Reactions: Killswitch24
That's a pretty solid lineup and would be a tough challenge for most teams in college basketball today. Should be an exciting game. Will be fun seeing how Butler stacks up against Bledsoe and how Brea stacks up against Grady and Lamb.

Reactions: Killswitch24
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT