ADVERTISEMENT

AJ Dybantsa planning a late decision kentucky remains in the mix

An actual must get recruit.

I just don’t see how anyone can view a HS player this way after the last 10 years of recruiting top 1 or 2 classes with not even a final four or 1 seed. That article posted today of popes top 2 things he looks for being shooting and skill don’t really favor 18 year olds imo. Think pope will need to have continuity, transfers, and 2 or 3 HS recruits sprinkled in. Don’t think a freshman will ever be a make or break for us with Popes style.

Reactions: bigbluedon
I just don’t see how anyone can view a HS player this way after the last 10 years of recruiting top 1 or 2 classes with not even a final four or 1 seed. That article posted today of popes top 2 things he looks for being shooting and skill don’t really favor 18 year olds imo. Think pope will need to have continuity, transfers, and 2 or 3 HS recruits sprinkled in. Don’t think a freshman will ever be a make or break for us with Popes style.
I think you take recruits like this. There's a difference between John Wall, Zion, AD, RJ Barret, true top 5 guys are takers. Top 20-25 guys usually are the ones who you dont want. That's the disconnect.

Even Pope said you need a good mix of ''burger boys'' and transfers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT