ADVERTISEMENT

Add another layer to the Baylor football scandal.

Secondly, what does not really true mean ? I haven't look at the link your provided but I'm sure I could post just as many that contradict it. In the end, was there enough to rid Briles of his job yes. Courtrooms and jury's and judges are a tough place, depending on who is involved at the top. There's the place to start :cheers2:
After all this back and forth, while Briles may (or may not) be legally culpable for the actions of his players, he certainly is from a moral and ethical standpoint.

What are you talking about *********************? The Briles situation hasn't been adjudicated. There is no court evidence at this time. No one was asking for an attorney's legal opinion or a smartass reply back. You've done that more than once. You are talking more about hearsay and that isn't absolute either, but then you know that since you're a tax attorney, right? I have quite a bit of experience around a very highly paid tax attorney, you know, the magna cum laude from a major law school type who make 4 figures per hour type. The partner in a good sized firm type...yeah, that guy. Gray is everywhere. Anyone can win on code, the skill comes when code is against you. Do you really do tax returns as a tax attorney? Really?

Didn't you just contradict yourself ? I thought your premise was evidence was testimony ?
Highly paid ? What does highly paid mean ? You're letting this get to you're head to prove a point, I could care less man it's a message board calm down with the accusations and expertise of what you think you know

Didn't you just contradict yourself ? I thought your premise was evidence was testimony ?
Highly paid ? What does highly paid mean ? You're letting this get to you're head to prove a point, I could care less man it's a message board calm down with the accusations and expertise of what you think you know
You're stepping into the middle of another much longer conversation that actually goes back for months. Hmm, the criminal lawyers from my link don't exactly agree with you, but then again, we may be talking about separate issues because you presumptuously jumped into the middle of a conversation.

Refuse to answer, huh?
Yeah, you refused to answer again. What evidence is there that Briles covered up rape? Saying, "Uh, the victim made a statement." is not evidence that Briles covered up rape. You can't simply answer the question so you muddy the water with nonsense semantics.

You're stepping into the middle of another much longer conversation that actually goes back for months. Hmm, the criminal lawyers from my link don't exactly agree with you, but then again, we may be talking about separate issues because you presumptuously jumped into the middle of a conversation.

I didn't step into anything man, your criminal lawyers like I said myself have different jurisprudence levels. Check your boy making five figures an hour :joy::joy::joy:

Give me a freaking break. Seriously. It has to do with the OP, because think about how audacious it is to attribute all this behavior to the baptist religion. That's the sarcasm part.

It's a religious denomination--not a protected class
If you were being sarcastic, I apologise. You are definitely correct in saying Baptist are not a protected class, nor should they be. Today's world news has me jumpy about what is happening to people of Christian faith. I am Christian and of the Baptist denomination.

Reactions: ukalum1988
What are you talking about *********************? The Briles situation hasn't been adjudicated. There is no court evidence at this time. No one was asking for an attorney's legal opinion or a smartass reply back. You've done that more than once. You are talking more about hearsay and that isn't absolute either, but then you know that since you're a tax attorney, right? I have quite a bit of experience around a very highly paid tax attorney, you know, the magna cum laude from a major law school type who make 4 figures per hour type. The partner in a good sized firm type...yeah, that guy. Gray is everywhere. Anyone can win on code, the skill comes when code is against you. Do you really do tax returns as a tax attorney? Really?

Boy, your hair gets set on fire when someone exposes you. You can almost see you stumbling over words and thoughts throughout your post.

Reactions: Freetaxreturn
For the record, I was one of the people that called for Stoops head after the south miss loss and obviously was wrong and have no problem admitting it. Posters like Jauk and blue that's been here and know the program proved me wrong when I gave them shit about it but all these guys that's been here and know what they are taking about I respect them. Everyday is a great day to learn from people smarter than you in what they know :cheers2::pizza:

I didn't mean to sound disparaging towards Baptists, that was not my point at all, and I apologize if it was taken that way. Rather I was pointing out the unfortunate irony of criminal behavior like this occurring behind the scenes, in that type of environment. And apparently there was culpability all the way up to the top.

Because my poorly worded post was taken the wrong way by more than one member I'm going to delete it.

Give yourself a one week timeout. [roll]

So what exactly did Art Briles do morally and ethically wrong?
As cited in the regents’ legal filing in February, when Briles learned of the names of the players involved, he said, “Those are some bad dudes . . . why was she around those guys?

So is he saying she should have know something bad was going to happen?

Why is he recruiting and/or keeping "bad dudes"on the team and on the campus?

Wasn't Briles concerned about his player's behavior after making that comment?

If Briles wonders why she would be around those guys it makes you wonder what female should be around those guys?
Read the link provided by football follies. Briles knew something was going for an extended period of time, and he chose to look the other way. He brought in talented but troubled players who had caused problems elsewhere. As the HC, he was responsible for setting the tone of what will and won't be tolerated. He failed miserably in that regard.

Given what's out in the public domain about the Baylor/Briles situation, only those who engage in willful self-deception would think highly of how Briles aided and abetted a rape culture in his program.

I didn't step into anything man, your criminal lawyers like I said myself have different jurisprudence levels. Check your boy making five figures an hour :joy::joy::joy:
4 figures, learn to read. I bet judges don't like lawyers with poor comprehensive skills either.

Boy, your hair gets set on fire when someone exposes you. You can almost see you stumbling over words and thoughts throughout your post.
Stumbling? Nope. I wasn't exposed by anything. Our wanna be lawyer took things out of context and then bragged about his knowledge. I disagree with him and if he is a lawyer, his clients may want to save up their lunch money to afford someone who knows what he is talking about.

I didn't mean to sound disparaging towards Baptists, that was not my point at all, and I apologize if it was taken that way. Rather I was pointing out the unfortunate irony of criminal behavior like this occurring behind the scenes, in that type of environment. And apparently there was culpability all the way up to the top.

Because my poorly worded post was taken the wrong way by more than one member I'm going to delete it.
Really Deeeefense, are you starting up with me again? People post worse than that everyday on these forums. You're one of the reasons I rarely come to the football board.

Read the link provided by football follies. Briles knew something was going for an extended period of time, and he chose to look the other way. He brought in talented but troubled players who had caused problems elsewhere. As the HC, he was responsible for setting the tone of what will and won't be tolerated. He failed miserably in that regard.

Given what's out in the public domain about the Baylor/Briles situation, only those who engage in willful self-deception would think highly of how Briles aided and abetted a rape culture in his program.
Another read the link, got it. I was wanting your reasoning since you called him morally and ethically wrong, not the the opinion of some writer.

Last edited:
If the Death Penalty still exists on the NCAA books, now is the time to use it.

http://www.wacotrib.com/news/courts...cle_1b391c59-1722-5532-9c3b-058b07850249.html

I would like to read the police reports as well. If they were raped they had to go to the police. Also the phones supposedley were used to videotape these rapes. Im sure these videos and photos at least some of em were uploaded into the cloud. And id interview all the football players on the hazing since they said all the freshmen had to bring girls to be raped. Im sure their will be some to admit they were asked but didnt do it. Their will also be witnesses and a vet report to the dogfight.

Stumbling? Nope. I wasn't exposed by anything. Our wanna be lawyer took things out of context and then bragged about his knowledge. I disagree with him and if he is a lawyer, his clients may want to save up their lunch money to afford someone who knows what he is talking about.

OK by me.

Really Deeeefense, are you starting up with me again? People post worse than that everyday on these forums. You're one of the reasons I rarely come to the football board.

I guess this hasn't been my thread for accurate communication. By saying that my point was mistaken by more than one member, I'm admitting that I am at fault for not doing a good job of communicating it. I noticed that you "liked" my explanation originally, so I thought that would be the end of it. Apparently not. Any perception that you have that I was picking on you is purely a product of your imagination.

Another read the link, got it. I was wanting your reasoning since you called him morally and ethically wrong, not the the opinion of some writer.
I utilize my moral compass of knowing what's right and what's wrong to base my convictions of another person's actions. To use your reasoning, if I didn't personally witness what Briles said and did on a 24/7 basis, then I apparently have no right to make a judgment on his actions.

I utilize my moral compass of knowing what's right and what's wrong to base my convictions of another person's actions. To use your reasoning, if I didn't personally witness what Briles said and did on a 24/7 basis, then I apparently have no right to make a judgment on his actions.
Nice strawman argument but i just asked you why you said he is morally and ethically wrong, then I said I wanted your reasoning, not some writers opinion. I didnt say or imply that you have no right to make a judement on his actions. Im asking, what actions are you talking about, what are you saying he did? If you can't answer, thats cool.

Last edited:
I guess this hasn't been my thread for accurate communication. By saying that my point was mistaken by more than one member, I'm admitting that I am at fault for not doing a good job of communicating it. I noticed that you "liked" my explanation originally, so I thought that would be the end of it. Apparently not. Any perception that you have that I was picking on you is purely a product of your imagination.
Sorry, I shouldn't have quoted that one, I didn't like it but understood your later clarification. My post to freetaxreturn was edited, rightfully so I guess, I just don't care for the arbitrary application of rules on these boards.

I am Baptist and I am ashamed of Baylor. Baylor is a university and in today's world even religious institutions are more and more secular. Many of their students have no interest in the morals taught by the Christian faith and are there to get a degree or full ride scholarship.

What happened at Baylor should not be blamed on a religious institution it should be blamed on the employees at the institution and a culture to win at all costs. Now if Baylor University promoted a culture that created this mess, then the Baptist hierarchy needs to pay the school a visit and clean house. Maybe they did that when they relieved the school president of his responsibilities. No matter what, it is a scar on the school they must suffer the consequences.

Reactions: jauk11
I am Baptist and I am ashamed of Baylor. Baylor is a university and in today's world even religious institutions are more and more secular. Many of their students have no interest in the morals taught by the Christian faith and are there to get a degree or full ride scholarship.

What happened at Baylor should not be blamed on a religious institution it should be blamed on the employees at the institution and a culture to win at all costs. Now if Baylor University promoted a culture that created this mess, then the Baptist hierarchy needs to pay the school a visit and clean house. Maybe they did that when they relieved the school president of his responsibilities. No matter what, it is a scar on the school they must suffer the consequences.
I blame the rapist when rape occurs.

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
Ummm no it's not, evidence is defined in court as either two things. Physical or circumstantial. What you are saying is the victim(s) made a statement to the police or investigators and that's all it is, a statement. It's incumbent upon the investigators at this point to follow the lead(s). Whether that leads to physical (actual) evidence or if enough witnesses can corroborate a certain individual or party were there through individual testimony ( which would result in circumstantial evidence) would appease the the court from the prosecution as evidence.
In no way ever is a statement taken used as evidence, it's just a statement.
If your wife, girlfriend, partner said in court you came home and beat them or tied them up whatever then the prosecution has to prove it happened either by physical evidence or through circumstantial(meaning you have to place the perpetrator and victim at the same time although not witnessed or maybe witnessed because they were there at the same time and heard noises of a struggle or screaming or whatever). If you are following what I'm laying out then it's a textbook case for court depending on whether or not there is enough evidence to prosecute the case and bringnot to trial. That's really the bottom line and as far as the video link I watched I would advise the lady who from five years ago whit her claim find a new attorney. Now I'm just a tax attorney so take that for what it's worth but judges hate counsel that can't speak in complete sentences. My bet is Keysor is in the legal system somewhere and like me works on absolutes. :cheers2:

Sorry, but you're wrong on this point; if a witness makes a statement under oath, then it is considered evidence. You may give it little or no weight, but it would be considered evidence in a legal/courtroom context.

Yeah, you refused to answer again. What evidence is there that Briles covered up rape? Saying, "Uh, the victim made a statement." is not evidence that Briles covered up rape. You can't simply answer the question so you muddy the water with nonsense semantics.

If Briles was informed of these alleged acts and did nothing and/or used his authority to dismiss or downplay the report, such as dissuading others to pursue or investigate the claim/report, then he could be considered to have been involved in the "coverup." The testimony of witnesses concerning Briles' statements and action/lack of action could all be taken as evidence of the alleged "coverup."

If Briles was informed of these alleged acts and did nothing and/or used his authority to dismiss or downplay the report, such as dissuading others to pursue or investigate the claim/report, then he could be considered to have been involved in the "coverup." The testimony of witnesses concerning Briles' statements and action/lack of action could all be taken as evidence of the alleged "coverup."
Cool story, now back to the original question that no one can seem to answer. What evidence is there that Art Briles covered up rape?

I blame the rapist when rape occurs.
I do as well. However, if there is an enabler, that person or persons has some responsibility as well. Since I can't get you to admit what evidence is I'll just cut to the chase. Within the legal documents from the Shillinglaw vs. Baylor and named Regents, there is more than enough EVIDENCE that Briles and his staff actively enabled and protected football players from offenses ranging from academic misconduct to sexual assault. Briles own texts clearly support his willingness to hide players from the appropriate departments within the University. He often did this with help from Waco PD. Please read the 54 page court filing. I only made it to page 20 before being so sick I didn't want to read any more. Briles shouldn't only be out of coaching, he should be in prison for aiding and abetting. There are many women who would never have been assaulted/raped had Briles not worked so hard to shield his players. The man is a disgusting pig. Interestingly enough, the day before this filing became public, Briles dropped his case against Baylor. Gee, I wonder why. The filing is embedded in the page. If you still support him after reading this, you, my friend, have serious issues.

http://baylorlariat.com/2017/02/02/court-document-alleges-briles-hadknowledge-of-criminal-acts/

Reactions: ukalum1988
Cool story, now back to the original question that no one can seem to answer. What evidence is there that Art Briles covered up rape?

You're either not capable of understanding the point being made here, or being deliberately obtuse. If people came to Art Briles and told him some of his players had raped a woman, and done other things considered criminal, and he ignored those reports, and/or downplayed them, or decided to not tell any higher authority, then that could be considered covering up. He was in a position of authority and chose to do nothing. Inferred in this would be a motivation to keep his job and not risk losing games because he might lose players off his team.

Listen, you may think the people making these claims are lying, or that Briles should have no obligation - legal, moral, ethical or otherwise - to take additional steps to sort this out, but acting like there's no evidence that he took actions (or refused to act) when he should have done *something* is just silly and indefensible.

All this proves to me is that although they made more progress in a shorter time than Transfer U they aren't nearly as smart as that program with jurich (and the two adulterers) in charge. Although I would guess they still have a lot of basketball fans (and coaches) puckered up wondering what the incompetent NCAA is going to do.

And football fans worried that the investigation might spill over into hurtt and football.

You're either not capable of understanding the point being made here, or being deliberately obtuse. If people came to Art Briles and told him some of his players had raped a woman, and done other things considered criminal, and he ignored those reports, and/or downplayed them, or decided to not tell any higher authority, then that could be considered covering up. He was in a position of authority and chose to do nothing. Inferred in this would be a motivation to keep his job and not risk losing games because he might lose players off his team.

Listen, you may think the people making these claims are lying, or that Briles should have no obligation - legal, moral, ethical or otherwise - to take additional steps to sort this out, but acting like there's no evidence that he took actions (or refused to act) when he should have done *something* is just silly and indefensible.
To the point that Keyser is all alone now. He had a lot of support when this first started but I don't think there is a single poster other than Keyser who supports Briles in any way, any longer. The information is too clear, too prevalent and too damning. I have no idea why he insists on tilting at this windmill.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT