ADVERTISEMENT

Baylor sex assault scandal far worse than previously disclosed

Defend him if you will, but I don't see how any school would ever hire him.

I'm not suggesting that he's done anything criminal and even if he did he's entitled to the presumption of innocence until proven guilty. From a moral/ethical perspective, however, the school that hires Briles will a lot of splainimg to do.

Yeah, guilt or innocence and the truth dont matter, hiring him would not be very politically correct.

I don't mean innocent until proven guilty in the sense that he should go to jail etc., I mean the fact that he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt of a new coaching gig while this is sorted out. UK or any school with any standards cannot bring him in as a coach until all of the facts are clear. No school is going to touch him until this happens.

Its unclear what he knew and when but several players have already been convicted that played under him with more awaiting charges/trial. Briles also brought in two players that were accused of sexual assault at Baylor in Sam Ukwuachu and Shawn Oakman, who were dismissed from their previous schools following off-field incidents.

Worst scenario is he knew of things and didn't report them, best case scenario is he ran a loose ship and had quite a few guys under him doing some bad things. I don't think anyone can afford to hire him until we know what exactly he knew. I do know he has already been apologetic saying "I understand I made some mistakes. There was some bad things that went on under my watch. I was the captain of this ship. The captain of the ship goes down with it. So, I understand that I made some mistakes, and for that I'm sorry." Also there is one instance where it has been alleged he failed to report the assault of a female Baylor athlete.

I dont agree with the mentality of having to prove all the accusations against him false and just letting him skate until then.

I an unaware of any players having been convicted. My fault if true. However, if a daughter of yours had been assaulted/raped would you advise her to tell the coach, hire an attorney or report it to the proper authorities? The last choice would be report it to a football coach.

I feel that you ought be held to a higher standard than the usual mouth breathers that populate this and other internet boards. You should be and I'm pretty confident, down deep, you probably feel the same. You should be a leader not one of the rabble.

Don't tell me i'm wrong.

I an unaware of any players having been convicted. My fault if true. However, if a daughter of yours had been assaulted/raped would you advise her to tell the coach, hire an attorney or report it to the proper authorities? The last choice would be report it to a football coach.

I feel that you ought be held to a higher standard than the usual mouth breathers that populate this and other internet boards. You should be and I'm pretty confident, down deep, you probably feel the same. You should be a leader not one of the rabble.

Don't tell me i'm wrong.

You are wrong, Sam Ukwuachu was convicted of sexual assault, I also believe one or two others have been as well but haven't looked the others up. Also, you are missing the point. My point is no one should hire Briles until if/when he is completely cleared. He may very well be innocent but theres no reason to stake your reputation on it. Im not saying throw him in jail, I am saying people who want to hire him when he has a ton of unresolved criminal issues hanging over his head are wrong.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...er-convicted-of-sexual-assault-in-waco-082115

You are wrong, Sam Ukwuachu was convicted of sexual assault, I also believe one or two others have been as well but haven't looked the others up. Also, you are missing the point. My point is no one should hire Briles until if/when he is completely cleared. He may very well be innocent but theres no reason to stake your reputation on it. Im not saying throw him in jail, I am saying people who want to hire him when he has a ton of unresolved criminal issues hanging over his head are wrong.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...er-convicted-of-sexual-assault-in-waco-082115

I can agree with that.

Reactions: LawCat1989
I know none of the SJW's care, but 2 years later Shawn Oakman is found not guilty, his accuser found to have lied and deleted text messages where she invited him to the bar. Oh well, everyone bought into the BS media narrative about Briles and got to be an activist and show their outrage. So what if a mans life was ruined in the process.

I wonder since we've had all this time of people can say how Art Briles covered up rape since you guys couldn't answer before even though you accused him of it.

Reactions: Aces Fan
Oakman was acquitted because there was reasonable doubt of his guilt. His acquittal doesn’t take Briles or other Baylor coaches and administrators off the hook for covering up 51 other alleged sexual assaults, including at least two convictions.

The evidence that Briles and co ran a slipshod operation when it came to players’ off field behavior, and the School used its role as a Christian university to intimidate women from reporting is strong (FYI my wife attended BYU which has done the same thing. Women who report sexual assault are disciplined even expelled for having premarital sex.)

Oakman was acquitted because there was reasonable doubt of his guilt. His acquittal doesn’t take Briles or other Baylor coaches and administrators off the hook for covering up 51 other alleged sexual assaults, including at least two convictions.

The evidence that Briles and co ran a slipshod operation when it came to players’ off field behavior, and the School used its role as a Christian university to intimidate women from reporting is strong (FYI my wife attended BYU which has done the same thing. Women who report sexual assault are disciplined even expelled for having premarital sex.)
How did he cover up 51 rapes? Did the rapist go to Briles and say hey coach, I raped a girl, can you cover this up before the police get involved? Did he intimidate the victims and keep them from contacting the police, did he clean up afterwards what exactly did he do? I've asked a million times, but no one can ever answer.

There were 2 total convictions, Tevin Elliot is an absolute piece of trash, but Briles in no way covered up his crimes. Sam Ukwuachu never even played for Baylor, Briles in no way covered up his alleged crime that he got 180 days for, before an appeals court overturned his conviction before a different court reinstated it. Shawn Oakman allegedly taped a girl after he left Baylor, Briles was blamed, she was layer found to have lied and deleted text messages where she invited him to the bar. He was found not guilty on 45 mins. Where is the coverup?

51 guys allegedly but you can only name Tevin Elliot who Briles suspended, Sam Ukwauchu who Briles suspended and whose conviction had serious questions and was even overturned by a court, and Shawn Oakman who was acquitted and whose alleged crimes happened after he left Baylor. Who are these 51 guys, why havent they been named or indicted, looks more like a media creation to me.

Briles was scapegoated by the Baylor Board of Regents because the heat was about to be on them for their title IX failures. They hired a PR firm and put it all on the football program and SJWs in the Me Too movement bought the BS because yall believe anything the media tells you instead of finding actual facts.

And IIRC players on scholarship lose their scholarship if they have premarital sex. I am pretty sure they have to sign something saying it won't happen.

I didn't say media tells you all wrong. I said I haven't seen any evidence that he was involved in a coverup or knew about rapes and didn't report it to the police. I even asked for the evidence and it has yet to be provided. That's all I require, actual proof of wrongdoing.
"Art Briles dropped his libel suit against Baylor University on Wednesday, but that did not take him out of the spotlight. On Thursday, a response to another lawsuit filed by the school into court includes evidence that Briles and his staff were not only aware of but intervened in the discipline of players during his tenure with the Bears.

Emails and text messages filed as part of the response (the second libel suit was filed by former director of football operations Colin Shillinglaw) reveal that Briles, Shillinglaw, other assistant coaches and even former athletic director Ian McCaw were all tied to a pattern of covering up wrongdoing by arranging cooperation from authorities and legal representation.

Briles' text messages, some of which can be read below, serve as particularly damning evidence to his claim of ignorance. In 2013, there are multiple examples of Shillinglaw texting Briles about a wide range of player legal incidents."

"Art Briles dropped his libel suit against Baylor University on Wednesday, but that did not take him out of the spotlight. On Thursday, a response to another lawsuit filed by the school into court includes evidence that Briles and his staff were not only aware of but intervened in the discipline of players during his tenure with the Bears.

Emails and text messages filed as part of the response (the second libel suit was filed by former director of football operations Colin Shillinglaw) reveal that Briles, Shillinglaw, other assistant coaches and even former athletic director Ian McCaw were all tied to a pattern of covering up wrongdoing by arranging cooperation from authorities and legal representation.

Briles' text messages, some of which can be read below, serve as particularly damning evidence to his claim of ignorance. In 2013, there are multiple examples of Shillinglaw texting Briles about a wide range of player legal incidents."
Art Briles saying he hopes a players DUI doesnt get in the papers or a players assault case stays quiet is evidence of him covering up rape? Where did it show that he covered up rape or covered up any crime in those taken out of context text messages?

Yall are saying he covered up 51 rapes, surely someone has something specific.

I know none of the SJW's care, but 2 years later Shawn Oakman is found not guilty, his accuser found to have lied and deleted text messages where she invited him to the bar. Oh well, everyone bought into the BS media narrative about Briles and got to be an activist and show their outrage. So what if a mans life was ruined in the process.

I wonder since we've had all this time of people can say how Art Briles covered up rape since you guys couldn't answer before even though you accused him of it.
It's been three years until you replied,you having a slow day?Kentucky players not doing anything wrong.

Art Briles saying he hopes a players DUI doesnt get in the papers or a players assault case stays quiet is evidence of him covering up rape? Where did it show that he covered up rape or covered up any crime in those taken out of context text messages?

One would have to be either an idiot or in love with Briles to not see what was going on. In your case, I'd say love.

By those standards we don't have videotape of OJ Simpson killing anyone either. He was acquitted, so...

One would have to be either an idiot or in love with Briles to not see what was going on. In your case, I'd say love.
One would have to be a media sheep to not see what's going on. You your case I'd say SJW activist who blindly follows the media. That's why you cant specifically say what he did.

By those standards we don't have videotape of OJ Simpson killing anyone either. He was acquitted, so...
We have OJ's DNA evidence, his rare shoe print found in the blood, motive, opportunity and a mountain of other evidence I can't remember.

What's the evidence that Art Briles covered up rape?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT