ADVERTISEMENT

Add another layer to the Baylor football scandal.

After looking at the title I was going to say they should take Thug U's approach, just throw enough money at them (especially the lawyers, that endured so much pain) and have the whole thing go away.

But after reading the article, this is on a completely higher level, incredible that all this could go on with no one taking the lead in stopping it. Hard to punish a whole institution and a LOT of innocent people by shutting the whole place down but definitely heads have to roll.

And it just reinforces my belief that the $2,500,000 of public money that Thug U spent was the biggest bargain since the Manhattan purchase, and how much did that cost, only $24? Although it could also be compared to the Louisiana Purchase.

That's just awful in so many different ways.

The robbery and dog fighting bit makes my blood boil. So does the gang rape, but I was prepared for that type of thing considering the title of the article. These guys are a totally different tier of POS.

Somewhere @~Keyser Soze~ is denying anything ever happened.
I didnt deny anything happened, I dont know if it did or not. I asked what proof was there that Briles covered up rape. You sheep never provided any. I feel like we've been over this 175 times. YOU said Briles covered up rape, I asked how he covered up rape, you and the other sheep just posted links about the scandal with accusations or rape but no proof or even accusations that Briles covered up rape.

Do you want to do this again because you still wont be able to answer that simple question even if your life depended on it. You said he covered up rape, how did he cover up rape? What evidence is there to suggest that he covered up rape?

Baylor University is a private institution that was founded in 1845. It has a total undergraduate enrollment of 14,189, its setting is city, and the campus size is 1,000 acres. It utilizes a semester-based academic calendar. Baylor University's ranking in the 2017 edition of Best Colleges is National Universities, 71. Its tuition and fees are $42,006 (2016-17).

The student community at Baylor University is bound together largely by religion and service. The Waco, Texas, school is a private, Baptist institution, and its student body is particularly active in volunteerism.

I mean, you can't make this stuff up. Maybe they can pray their way out of this o_O
Them Baptists. Don't turn your back on them.

I didnt deny anything happened, I dont know if it did or not. I asked what proof was there that Briles covered up rape. You sheep never provided any. I feel like we've been over this 175 times. YOU said Briles covered up rape, I asked how he covered up rape, you and the other sheep just posted links about the scandal with accusations or rape but no proof or even accusations that Briles covered up rape.

Do you want to do this again because you still wont be able to answer that simple question even if your life depended on it. You said he covered up rape, how did he cover up rape? What evidence is there to suggest that he covered up rape?

I said nothing of the sort.

But stay with your head in the sand. Baylor probably didn't cover up the bball murder either.

Baylor University is a private institution that was founded in 1845. It has a total undergraduate enrollment of 14,189, its setting is city, and the campus size is 1,000 acres. It utilizes a semester-based academic calendar. Baylor University's ranking in the 2017 edition of Best Colleges is National Universities, 71. Its tuition and fees are $42,006 (2016-17).

The student community at Baylor University is bound together largely by religion and service. The Waco, Texas, school is a private, Baptist institution, and its student body is particularly active in volunteerism.

I mean, you can't make this stuff up. Maybe they can pray their way out of this o_O

Pray their way out of what? What, besides allegations and those seem to have become facts in middling minds.

"Can't make this up"? Happens all the time but I think it would be better to see how it plays out in court before getting all self righteous.

What's that supposed to mean?

Perhaps it would be best if you listed what evidence you would be willing to recognize as proof.

Reactions: KYNC89
Them Baptists. Don't turn your back on them.

I didn't mean to sound disparaging towards Baptists, that was not my point at all, and I apologize if it was taken that way. Rather I was pointing out the unfortunate irony of criminal behavior like this occurring behind the scenes, in that type of environment. And apparently there was culpability all the way up to the top.

Because my poorly worded post was taken the wrong way by more than one member I'm going to delete it.

Last edited:

If you read the article, there are allegations about Briles' comments and behavior/lack of action that point to his either trying to cover this up and/or gloss it over until it went away. Neither is good for Briles, and that is putting it mildly. Like so many such instances, most are smart enough to not document an order from them saying "cover this up so I don't get in trouble for these horrible acts committed by my players."

I presume that isn't your standard of proof on this. In context of U.K., it was very wise to say no to Briles as a coaching candidate if Stoops was on the hot seat (I don't think he was).

As cited in the regents’ legal filing in February, when Briles learned of the names of the players involved, he said, “Those are some bad dudes . . . why was she around those guys?

So is he saying she should have know something bad was going to happen?

Why is he recruiting and/or keeping "bad dudes"on the team and on the campus?

Wasn't Briles concerned about his player's behavior after making that comment?

If Briles wonders why she would be around those guys it makes you wonder what female should be around those guys?

Reactions: ukalum1988
Waiting for the Briles apologists who wanted MB to fire Stoops and hires Briles to justify their position.....

Also, I note this article is from the Baylor hometown paper. How I wish the Louisville Cardinal Journal would put uofl to the same level of scrutiny.....
There isnt any. When we were foundering and it appeared Briles was a scapegoat I was on board but its now clear I was very very wrong.

Umm, do you not know what evidence is? Any evidence.
Well, back at ya. There is already direct victim statements attesting to speaking to Briles about rapes. That is evidence. So, again, what evidence do you need before you accept it?

Art Briles is so rotten, that he almost makes Bobby Petrino look like Billy Graham. But at the same time. If Petrino were to leave UL again. Is there any doubt that Tom Jurich would hire Art Briles.

Well, back at ya. There is already direct victim statements attesting to speaking to Briles about rapes. That is evidence. So, again, what evidence do you need before you accept it?
OK, a victim was raped and reported the rape to, wait for it... to the head football coach? Is that right? Makes sense, I mean if you're raped by a UK football player, Mark Stoops, not the police, is the person to call. Do you have a link with a victim statement saying the spoke to Art Briles about rape? The only one I saw was one about a parent meeting with Kendall Briles, not Art Briles, because again, that's who you go to when your child is raped.

So after the alleged victim reported the rape to the football coach, what actions did he take to cover up the rape as you guys suggested?

So to be clear, I asked how Art Briles coveres up rape, what evidence is there, and got, "There is already direct victim statements attesting to speaking to Briles about rapes." Let alone the fact that statement is false, how on earth is yhat evidence that he covered up rape?

The media has yall so mad about their Art Briles narrative that not a single one of you give a damn about the actual rapists. What ever happened to the 30 something alleged rapists? Why haven't they been charged, why don't yall care?

Last edited:
OK, a victim was raped and reported the rape to, wait for it... to the head football coach? Is that right? Makes sense, I mean if you're raped by a UK football player, Mark Stoops, not the police, is the person to call. Do you have a link with a victim statement saying the spoke to Art Briles about rape? The only one I saw was one about a parent meeting with Kendall Briles, not Art Briles, because again, that's who you go to when your child is raped.

So after the alleged victim reported the rape to the football coach, what actions did he take to cover up the rape as you guys suggested?

So to be clear, I asked how Art Briles coveres up rape, what evidence is there, and got, "There is already direct victim statements attesting to speaking to Briles about rapes." Let alone the fact that statement is false, how on earth is yhat evidence that he covered up rape?

The media has yall so mad about their Art Briles narrative that not a single one of you give a damn about the actual rapists. What ever happened to the 30 something alleged rapists? Why haven't they been charged, why don't yall care?
Lets slow down for a minute.

Is an alleged victims statement to Briles evidence or not?

Not necessarily, simply, is it evidence.
Evidence of what exactly? We're talking about Art Briles covering up rape here as you guys alleged. I know I wont get an answer, but for the 17348th time, what evidence is there that Art Briles covered up rape?

Evidence of what exactly? We're talking about Art Briles covering up rape here as you guys alleged. I know I wont get an answer, but for the 17348th time, what evidence is there that Art Briles covered up rape?
We aren't to that point yet. We're still trying to define evidence. If an alleged victim makes a statement or claim, is that evidence. The who's, what's and when's aren't important yet. We'll get there. So, a simple yes or no would work here.

I didn't mean to sound disparaging towards Baptists, that was not my point at all, and I apologize if it was taken that way. Rather I was pointing out the unfortunate irony of criminal behavior like this occurring behind the scenes, in that type of environment. And apparently there was culpability all the way up to the top.

Because my poorly worded post was taken the wrong way by more than one member I'm going to delete it.
Oh I wasn't cracking on your post. I was joking.

Reactions: Deeeefense
That is totally uncalled for, rude and inappropriate on this board. I find it offensive and has absolutely nothing to do with the original post. Juvenile, irresponsible and prejudice may describe your post.
Give me a freaking break. Seriously. It has to do with the OP, because think about how audacious it is to attribute all this behavior to the baptist religion. That's the sarcasm part.

It's a religious denomination--not a protected class

Last edited:
Reactions: Dorecat
Refuse to answer, huh?

Ummm no it's not, evidence is defined in court as either two things. Physical or circumstantial. What you are saying is the victim(s) made a statement to the police or investigators and that's all it is, a statement. It's incumbent upon the investigators at this point to follow the lead(s). Whether that leads to physical (actual) evidence or if enough witnesses can corroborate a certain individual or party were there through individual testimony ( which would result in circumstantial evidence) would appease the the court from the prosecution as evidence.
In no way ever is a statement taken used as evidence, it's just a statement.
If your wife, girlfriend, partner said in court you came home and beat them or tied them up whatever then the prosecution has to prove it happened either by physical evidence or through circumstantial(meaning you have to place the perpetrator and victim at the same time although not witnessed or maybe witnessed because they were there at the same time and heard noises of a struggle or screaming or whatever). If you are following what I'm laying out then it's a textbook case for court depending on whether or not there is enough evidence to prosecute the case and bringnot to trial. That's really the bottom line and as far as the video link I watched I would advise the lady who from five years ago whit her claim find a new attorney. Now I'm just a tax attorney so take that for what it's worth but judges hate counsel that can't speak in complete sentences. My bet is Keysor is in the legal system somewhere and like me works on absolutes. :cheers2:

Ummm no it's not, evidence is defined in court as either two things. Physical or circumstantial. What you are saying is the victim(s) made a statement to the police or investigators and that's all it is, a statement. It's incumbent upon the investigators at this point to follow the lead(s). Whether that leads to physical (actual) evidence or if enough witnesses can corroborate a certain individual or party were there through individual testimony ( which would result in circumstantial evidence) would appease the the court from the prosecution as evidence.
In no way ever is a statement taken used as evidence, it's just a statement.
If your wife, girlfriend, partner said in court you came home and beat them or tied them up whatever then the prosecution has to prove it happened either by physical evidence or through circumstantial(meaning you have to place the perpetrator and victim at the same time although not witnessed or maybe witnessed because they were there at the same time and heard noises of a struggle or screaming or whatever). If you are following what I'm laying out then it's a textbook case for court depending on whether or not there is enough evidence to prosecute the case and bringnot to trial. That's really the bottom line and as far as the video link I watched I would advise the lady who from five years ago whit her claim find a new attorney. Now I'm just a tax attorney so take that for what it's worth but judges hate counsel that can't speak in complete sentences. My bet is Keysor is in the legal system somewhere and like me works on absolutes. :cheers2:
That's not really true. https://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/can-one-be-convicted-solely-on-testimony-with-no-e-1924282.html Keyser is most certainly not part of the legal system. Thats hilarious. As for absolutes, that is rarely the case in law.

That's not really true. https://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/can-one-be-convicted-solely-on-testimony-with-no-e-1924282.html Keyser is most certainly not part of the legal system. Thats hilarious. As for absolutes, that is rarely the case in law.

Secondly, what does not really true mean ? I haven't look at the link your provided but I'm sure I could post just as many that contradict it. In the end, was there enough to rid Briles of his job yes. Courtrooms and jury's and judges are a tough place, depending on who is involved at the top. There's the place to start :cheers2:

If you're in legal and prosecute based on gray areas, you won't be in business long. But thanks for the reply and opinion :cheers2:
What are you talking about *********************? The Briles situation hasn't been adjudicated. There is no court evidence at this time. No one was asking for an attorney's legal opinion or a smartass reply back. You've done that more than once. You are talking more about hearsay and that isn't absolute either, but then you know that since you're a tax attorney, right? I have quite a bit of experience around a very highly paid tax attorney, you know, the magna cum laude from a major law school type who make 4 figures per hour type. The partner in a good sized firm type...yeah, that guy. Gray is everywhere. Anyone can win on code, the skill comes when code is against you. Do you really do tax returns as a tax attorney? Really?

Last edited by a moderator:
Secondly, what does not really true mean ? I haven't look at the link your provided but I'm sure I could post just as many that contradict it. In the end, was there enough to rid Briles of his job yes. Courtrooms and jury's and judges are a tough place, depending on who is involved at the top. There's the place to start :cheers2:
So, when an alleged victim is in court giving personal testimony, is that or is that not evidence. Yes or no.

ADVERTISEMENT