ADVERTISEMENT

Actions should have consequences

dancerman4

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2004
I am a die heard UK fan. Even if that was not the case, my take on what went down in the last 24 hours relating to the actions of Wandale Robinson are as disturbing and unforgiving as anything I have ever seen. The naysayers on here that say we should wish this young man well are part of the problem, in condoning this type of behavior. When a person gives their word, makes a commitment, it is suppose to mean something. Had this glory seeker handled this situation as he should have, I would have wished him nothing but the best. He alone chose to do otherwise.His actions in the way he alone chose to handled this situation should have severe consequences, if for no other reason than to make someone in the future to think twice, before they make the same mistake. For the sake of one and all ACTIONS MUST HAVE CONSEQUENCES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
For weeks he stated when he was going to announce his decision of where he would be playing college football. When that date came, and he was still unsure of where he wanted to go college, he should have put off the decision until he was sure. No one put a gun to his head. Not only did he commit to UK, but the did it in such a grandiose fashion. It was so very apparent that he was going overboard to seek attention. Following that farce, he continued to lie to coaches, other fellow players, and even tried to recruit them to Ky. Even in the last 24 hours he kept up the charade.
When is it that sane people must finally understand that actions must have consequences. He lied to so many people, coaches, fans, and fellow players. Anyone that would condone this type of action and behavior is part of the problem.
I so wish the KHSAA would address his complete lack of honesty, character, and integrity, and revoke the Kentucky Mr Football award that he just received. An honor as such is more than ones actions just on the football field. Some importance should be given to how the person handles himself off the field. The actions of Wandale Robinson show a complete lack of honesty and integrity, and anyone who states otherwise is delusional. He point blank lied to many, many people, and yet that type of behavior should be rewarded, and people want to wish him well?
I do not wish him to be injured, but I truly hope he fails miserably in his playing days at Nebraska.

Seriously? He's an 18 year old kid and he changed his mind. Would I love to have him, absolutely, but he wants to go to Nebraska, then so be it. What if he had committed to Nebraska two weeks ago and flipped to Kentucky today? Everybody would have been giddy with that news. Damion Harris went to Alabama and we got Benny Snell. Jedrick Wills went to Alabama and our offensive line survived. It hurts when they are Kentucky kids, but we need to keep building the brand to where they are knocking on the door to come here and it is slowly happening.

Looking very forward to him packing his crap, and leaving the state.
Yea he’s not welcome back in this state. Hope pro football works out for you or else you’ll end up a corn farmer in the middle of nowhere. If you went to UK and pro football doesn’t work out you will still be set for life. Like Freddie Maggard says, it’s a 40 year commitment not a 4 year commitment.

Yea he’s not welcome back in this state. Hope pro football works out for you or else you’ll end up a corn farmer in the middle of nowhere. If you went to UK and pro football doesn’t work out you will still be set for life. Like Freddie Maggard says, it’s a 40 year commitment not a 4 year commitment.

Lol I hope you mean CFL or Arena when you say pro football.

Seriously? He's an 18 year old kid and he changed his mind. Would I love to have him, absolutely, but he wants to go to Nebraska, then so be it. What if he had committed to Nebraska two weeks ago and flipped to Kentucky today? Everybody would have been giddy with that news. Damion Harris went to Alabama and we got Benny Snell. Jedrick Wills went to Alabama and our offensive line survived. It hurts when they are Kentucky kids, but we need to keep building the brand to where they are knocking on the door to come here and it is slowly happening.
See the difference in me and you is this. I don’t think he changed his mind. I think he did just what he wanted. I think if Brohm took the Louisville job he was going there. He just never seemed committed to KY to me.

The young man should go where he wants but he and family didn't show a lot of class the way it was handled. Committed to UK only to help win the Kentucky Mr. Football award. You would think he would of gave it a week, but decommits pretty much as soon as they hand him the hardware. Could of easily just not of committed to Nebraska or Kentucky until after the award, but looks as though he just used the program for personal gain. Much worse than Harris.

It's a good thing he's not joining the Army then.

I am a die heard UK fan. Even if that was not the case, my take on what went down in the last 24 hours relating to the actions of Wandale Robinson are as disturbing and unforgiving as anything I have ever seen. The naysayers on here that say we should wish this young man well are part of the problem, in condoning this type of behavior. When a person gives their word, makes a commitment, it is suppose to mean something. Had this glory seeker handled this situation as he should have, I would have wished him nothing but the best. He alone chose to do otherwise.His actions in the way he alone chose to handled this situation should have severe consequences, if for no other reason than to make someone in the future to think twice, before they make the same mistake. For the sake of one and all ACTIONS MUST HAVE CONSEQUENCES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
For weeks he stated when he was going to announce his decision of where he would be playing college football. When that date came, and he was still unsure of where he wanted to go college, he should have put off the decision until he was sure. No one put a gun to his head. Not only did he commit to UK, but the did it in such a grandiose fashion. It was so very apparent that he was going overboard to seek attention. Following that farce, he continued to lie to coaches, other fellow players, and even tried to recruit them to Ky. Even in the last 24 hours he kept up the charade.
When is it that sane people must finally understand that actions must have consequences. He lied to so many people, coaches, fans, and fellow players. Anyone that would condone this type of action and behavior is part of the problem.
I so wish the KHSAA would address his complete lack of honesty, character, and integrity, and revoke the Kentucky Mr Football award that he just received. An honor as such is more than ones actions just on the football field. Some importance should be given to how the person handles himself off the field. The actions of Wandale Robinson show a complete lack of honesty and integrity, and anyone who states otherwise is delusional. He point blank lied to many, many people, and yet that type of behavior should be rewarded, and people want to wish him well?
I do not wish him to be injured, but I truly hope he fails miserably in his playing days at Nebraska.

I can respect you opinion, I think it's more than a little over the top but it's yours. But kids change their minds, kids decommit or flip all the time. At UGA ..we have multiple schools coming after kids committed to us. If you want to avoid this, just recruit kids no one else wants and you have zero issues with flips.

But if you want to recruit well enough to win double digit games you got to realize this is big boy football with grow men who have been out in the world trying to influence 17- 18 year old kids. Many without a competent adult in their life.

Reactions: Jazzycat and jpbky2
18 year olds getting major sports news coverage are often hard to understand. But I think a true early signing date (let's say NLT end of September) would help schools find out much better where they stand with "commitments". It would also help kids better understand their status (i.e., offer or not) with the school. JMO

Peace

Reactions: sluggercatfan
Why? Why does a kids college future even matter for the Mr. Football award? It’s not a colleg decision award. It’s the best player in the state award. Where (or where not) a kid decides to play college football should have no impact on who gets the award.
Just as getting the award(or not) should not have any impact on their college decision.

Reactions: Emarc

Central Kentucky kids think they are to good play at Kentucky. Let them go

Are you kidding? Yesterday, not last month or even last week, YESTERDAY, he said he was enrolling at UK in 2 weeks.

Just admitt he handled this poorly. It might work out for UK like it did with Benny but don’t ask me to like it when he crapped all over us.

Tend to agree with the OP. If he had any doubt at all his decision should have been postponed. Contrary to his BS statement I think he knew all along Nebraska is where he would ultimately go. I don’t care that he is going to Nebraska and his decision to flip doesn’t effect my life one iota but I do care about the university/state/team/staff getting played.

How would he be set for life? I'm genuinely interested.

the actions of Wandale Robinson are as disturbing and unforgiving as anything I have ever seen.

05248533-d1d0-4bcd-bb39-01ab7c7eb672-bestSizeAvailable.jpeg

Could of easily just not of committed to Nebraska or Kentucky until after the award, but looks as though he just used the program for personal gain. Much worse than Harris.
I think that is what’s most bothersome.

This is spot on.

This isn’t the case of a player having a change of heart. This is a cold, calculated, manipulative, and reprehensible act.

Btw, I don’t give a monkeys ass about hearing of another football committ. Commitment in this day and age might as well be toilet paper I wipe my ass with.

I’ll wait until signing day from now on to see who’s actually coming.

If he was intentionally dishonest, that's a shame. Doesn't speak well.

If it was a case of a 18 year old and his family in over there heads with the recruiting tornado...it was really a bad, bad, bad look.

Over it. Give someone else a shot. Might have a pleasant surprise. I'd never heard of Josh Allen or Bennie Snell before they got here.
Sorry it worked this way, for a lot of people...not sorry for wandale..he got his wish.

Life's too short to let a kid 43 years my junior disturb a day.

Enjoy playing in the middle of nowhere and losing seasons. At least you won’t have to practice in December and can go home for Christmas.

You cant use his age as an excuse. All you ever have is word and if you dont have that then you got nothing. Should have never announced is he wasn't sure.

Reactions: ok-cats-computer

How dumb do you have to be to not understand how this works. A player cannot give his word, commit or anything else until signing day(read that until you understand it). This kid is finishing up his high school career and you're furious because he changed his mind and doesn't want to play for your team? Do you get this worked up when regular students transfer, or do you reserve that for students who apply but then decide they want to go somewhere else, no of course you don't because they don't affect your entertainment. That is beyond sad and squarely in the pathetic category. Stop being so selfish and understand that these are kids making the biggest decision of their life.

Mr. Robinson doesn't owe you or Stoops or Marrow or me anything.

God bless the kid, I hope that Nebraska works out for him.

You cant use his age as an excuse. All you ever have is word and if you dont have that then you got nothing. Should have never announced is he wasn't sure.

Another moronic post. Because if what you say is true then every coach in college football should resign because they've all yanked scholarship offers. But once again, that doesn't bother you because you believe that will benefit you viewing pleasure.

Reactions: SantaBarbaraSker

I'm with you 100%....

He is not a KID.....

He is a man....

He is also a backstabber.....

He made a choice to commit to Kentucky publicly and run around talking about it and then backstab us at the last second.

Nope....not a kid....Just a low class punk.

Good riddance....

Another moronic post. Because if what you say is true then every coach in college football should resign because they've all yanked scholarship offers. But once again, that doesn't bother you because you believe that will benefit you viewing pleasure.
Excuse me, but you are the Moron. It seems that most of the replies to my post agree with me. Whoever said 2 wrongs make a right. He committed weeks ago, then all that time he continued the charade. He openly tried to recruit other players to UK. What would have happened if those players chose to commit to Ky because Wandale was going to play there? As late as yesterday he continued to say he was going to enroll at Ky for the spring semester. That my friend is called lying, plain and simple. The fact you cannot comprehend that point is beyond any reasoning. If his heart was not into going to Ky, then he should have not committed, plain and simple. He alone made that decision, just like he has now made the decision to de-commit.He prevented the staff from recruiting a similar player for his position. Again, when you give someone your word, a commitment it is suppose to mean something. If your boss made a commitment to give you a raise, and then went back on that commitment I dare say you would call that a lie. So enough of your BS rationalizations!!!!!!!!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT