ADVERTISEMENT

Achor Achor (PF)

JPFisher

Senior
Jul 24, 2013
WKY

Bring him home, Pope. Parting with Osobor and then this dude's entrance into the portal are certainly... fortuitous.

Stats: https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/stats/_/id/5107364/achor-achor

Summary: 6'9", #230 Power Forward.
16 PPG, 6 RPG, 1.5 APG, and nearly 60% from the field, 43.5% from three on 62 tries last year. Was a beast on Samford's team. Decent/good free throw shooter at 71%

Achor put the fear of God in Kansas.

More highlights:

Do not contact label in the portal = deal to new school already nailed down in all but fiemal signature
I'm not getting my hopes up, but...
Kevin Hart GIF by PeacockTV

Also, there is another number that I have been looking at to compare some of these top guys, taking their ORtg per 100 possessions, and subtracting their DRtg per 100 possessions, to get another player rating, similar to PER.

This takes a player who is effective on both ends of the floor and creates a number to account for doing the work offensively and defensively.

Here's how 2023-24 stack up:

Last NameFirst NameEff. Rating
ClinganDonovan
45.9​
SpencerCam
41.6​
MogboJonathan
41.2​
ToppinJT
38​
EdeyZach
37.8​
BurnsDJ
36.3​
BrownMaliq
35​
MinixRiley
34.9​
KarabanAlex
33.1​
FreemanEnrique
33​
BroomeJohni
32.6​
BalloOumar
32​
GillisMason
31.7​
BreaKoby
GoldinVladislav
28.2​
DaRonHolmes
27.3​
AchorAchor

That put Achor at #17. It's also good to see Brea in the top 15.

FWIW, which.... Well, just take it for what it's worth.

Jones has been hinting at a guy who isn't in the portal yet but if he enters, he's UK bound. Achor entered late last night and there's the smoke from that dinky Twitter account. Here's hoping.

Alright, I'm gonna hop off here and build some bird houses. 🤘

Jones has been hinting at a guy who isn't in the portal yet but if he enters, he's UK bound. Achor entered late last night and there's the smoke from that dinky Twitter account. Here's hoping.

Maybe he'll address it on KSR this morning

Yeah, #8 nationally.

Last NameFirst NamePER
EdeyZach
39.3​
ClinganDonovan
34.8​
BroomeJohni
32.5​
DaRonHolmes
31.7​
GoldinVladislav
31.3​
MogboJonathan
31.2​
FreemanEnrique
31.1​
AchorAchor
MinixRiley
30.7​
PemberDrew
30.7​
Holy cow. This guy could be an anchor on any team. Sure, he played in the Southern. But what he did against kansas tells me he can play with the big boys. EDIT: Just learned that he only has one year of eligibility since he played two years at a juco before going to samford. A new youtube discussion is saying that a whole bunch of teams are aware of this guy and will be on his rump like a mosquito at a nudist's camp. And also that there is smoke that UK is involved. Should know shortly where he will be going.
And I am guessing it is us.

Last edited:

Don't fowl up

• Haha
Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
AA would be a great piece to have. Wonder if we have guys on it last night as soon as it went public?

Love Achor^2 and need him here. He would be "that guy" and has two years of eligibility left. He is a player so nice, they used the same name twice!

STATS
2023-24
2022-23

GPMINFG%3P%FT%REBASTBLKSTLPFTOPTS

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT