ADVERTISEMENT

Aaron Torres says Calipari making a "colossal mistake" for not recruiting Mgbako.

Calipari has 4 starters pencilled in next season in DJ, Dilly, Edwards and Bradshaw. That is who he recruited to start at 1-4. MgBako is not coming to sit the bench as a reserve.

The last thing this team needs is a 4 that doesn’t like contact and shoots and misses a bunch of threes. We already had a guy like that the last two years at the 4 spot in Brooks and Toppin.

Calipari has 4 starters pencilled in next season in DJ, Dilly, Edwards and Bradshaw. That is who he recruited to start at 1-4. MgBako is not coming to sit the bench as a reserve.

The last thing this team needs is a 4 that doesn’t like contact and shoots and misses a bunch of threes. We already had a guy like that the last two years at the 4 spot in Brooks and Toppin.
I want a future lottery pick whose open-court skills would actually help accentuate the elite skills of our guards but instead we can have a 4 who can't block shots, can't switch on defense, and can't make a three point shot.

I personally don't prefer my fours to be able to create a bigger black hole in the paint on offense or taking 15 footers which will go down at about a 35 to 40% clip.

Last edited:

Don't forget the real value Toppin provided this year - an AT&T ad with Lily!

Don't forget the real value Toppin provided this year - an AT&T ad with Lily!
It burns my buttons that we didn't have ONE PLAYER this season who would run through brick walls to stop the opponent, to get a score. A bunch of pansies out there refusing to run plays or make contact. That really irks me. The leader allowed this. As much as I can't stand the 'person' that Pitino became, he sure wouldn't have allowed what happened this season to transpire, in his earlier days. Is there not a way we can get "UK" back and players who want to play for the school?

There are very few players, for very few schools, who genuinely care about tradition or history or the front of the jersey.

Even among those who claim to care, the percentage of those who are truly dedicated to the cause is low.

Just the way it is now. It's all "how much money can you give me now or in the future?"

So, even if we had Pitino as coach in some kind of 2023 bizarro world, we'd be dealing with a lot of these same issues.

That being said, there ARE some coaches who sell their players on performing for the brand.

And Cal is openly hostile toward UK fans. He hates us. It is inevitable that everything he and his c*** daughters say after he leaves will be negative toward us. Screw him and everything he stands for.
I'm not brave enough to do it, and it might be illegal, but is there any chance we get some die-hard UK fans to put "for sale" signs on his front lawn? I really hope that soon we get that closing interview where he's being chased by that reporter :D

I want a future lottery pick whose open-court skills would actually help accentuate the elite skills of our guards but instead we can have a 4 who can't block shots, can't switch on defense, and can't make a three point shot.

I personally don't prefer my fours to be able to create a bigger black hole in the paint on offense or taking 15 footers which will go down at about a 35 to 40% clip.

I too prefer good basketball at Kentucky.

Also the guy you’re replying to hasn’t come up for air in years and ain’t gonna. Wasting your time.

That said, sadly he’s right about one thing. Aaron Bradshaw is starting at the 4. It’s become painfully obvious.

I also love how they trashed toppin and brooks for being afraid of contact and endorse a 210lb 7 footer that wants nothing to do with playing center in the same sentence.

And toppin actually played really well the last 3 months of the season save 2 or 3 games.

Last edited:

Cal cult…..assemble!!!!!

Why is he not even reaching out to talk to him? Why no interest from the start?
We have plenty here that want Cal to tell Ugo to leave because he didn't show loyalty by entering the portal and then coming back. Yet, we have a bunch of people saying we should jump all over a guy that signed, that's right, signed with Duke, and is now requesting out of his NLI before ever going to Duke. Man this fan base is all over the place.

Some of these dudes…instead of an ignore button i wish i had a button that just macro’d in “Cal is always right” in place of all their posts. That’s basically all they say anyways, just in wayyyy more words.
Or, we could get a button that just macro'd Cal sucks no matter what he does or who he recruits. See how that works?

Or, we could get a button that just macro'd Cal sucks no matter what he does or who he recruits. See how that works?

I agrée. You could use one of those too. But not for my posts. You’d miss the ones where i talk about how Cal was the best in the business for a 10 year stretch and point out all of his accomplishment over that time.

That said, it’s been a long time. He’s been underwhelming for the better part of a decade now. And if you can’t see that maybe you need to pull your head out of his crotch for some air like the other Univerisity of Calipari fans.

Theirs about 4-5 on this board that love Cal more than the program

about the same amount on House of Blue too. But i do think there’s some that would also hate him no matter what. Unfortunately they look “right” at the moment because he hasn’t been great or even “Kentucky” level good for a while now. At least 3 years and you could argue even longer than that. Probably since he signed his contract extension.

Reactions: Woodrow_Call_1998
about the same amount on House of Blue too. But i do think there’s some that would also hate him no matter what. Unfortunately they look “right” at the moment because he hasn’t been great or even “Kentucky” level good for a while now. At least 3 years and you could argue even longer than that. Probably since he signed his contract extension.
Definitely a crowd on both sides of that debate that go overboard lol

Tired of hearing we have a PG, SG, etc. Go get the best talent you can recruit and play your best 5. I don’t care if it’s 2 stretch 4’s and 3 guards, 4 guards and a Center, 2 Centers a small forward 2 guards etc. Get your best players on the court and sub them out for more talent and develop a bench. KY should have 12 kids that can play at this level every season. Tired of excuses while most teams develop and have a deep bench.

Players are here for one year and leaving anyways regardless of any reasoning in most cases. What the hell does it hurt to stack your roster in a way that allows you to compete for a championship again? Better get this next year right or it’s game over for Cal at Kentucky.

Why is he not even reaching out to talk to him? Why no interest from the start?
I think it's pretty obvious why. Oscar's coming back, and Cal doesn't want to scare Edwards at the 3 or Bradshaw at the 4.

Mgbako would take some minutes from both of them, and Cal doesn't believe in having any type of real depth. He'll get some guy who averaged 8 and 6 at Po-Dunk U to replace Collins.

I think it's pretty obvious why. Oscar's coming back, and Cal doesn't want to scare Edwards at the 3 or Bradshaw at the 4.

Mgbako would take some minutes from both of them, and Cal doesn't believe in having any type of real depth. He'll get some guy who averaged 8 and 6 at Po-Dunk U to replace Collins.

Hope you’re right, this could really backfire if Livingston, Oscar, and Reeves all leave.

Hope you’re right, this could really backfire if Livingston, Oscar, and Reeves all leave.
Livingston is gone, in my opinion. I think the staff knows Reeves and Oscar will come back. If and when Collins leaves, they'll find a modest replacement for him. Someone who won't scare Bradshaw or Edwards.

The staff will do what's best for the freshmen, not the team.

Since Cal recruited him, maybe he already knows what he wants as far as role on the team.
Small ball 4 is a hard sell to OAD kids.
His de-commitment tells me he's no interested in helping a team win a title.
He de-committed after their starting 4 announced his return, probably has more to do with Bradshaw. If you can't get these kids to pay their best position to help you win big then don't recruit them. No one wins by supporting their delusion.

He de-committed after their starting 4 announced his return, probably has more to do with Bradshaw. If you can't get these kids to pay their best position to help you win big then don't recruit them. No one wins by supporting their delusion.
Bradshaw is a 5, why do these kids insist on playing other positions? Put Brandshaw at 5 and Mgbako at the 4 and lets go!

All it takes is one GM with a brain to tell Oscar they will take him. He will come off the bench get that steal and get around 6-8 rebounds a game. Make 2 jumpers. A 5.7 pts 7 rebs a game is worth a 35-40 pick in the NBA draft.

Outside of a few guys hunkered down in Cal's bunker with him these days, seems like everyone with a pulse sees what a horrific mistake Cal is making by not reaching out a kid who would be the perfect smallball four in Kentucky's arsenal.

5:15 mark.

Others see what we see but unfortunately ya can't fix stupid
Calipari has shoved so many donuts in that fat gut of his I believe it done to his brain what drugs does to other peoples brains...... This is John Calipari, this is John Calipari's brain.

All it takes is one GM with a brain to tell Oscar they will take him. He will come off the bench get that steal and get around 6-8 rebounds a game. Make 2 jumpers. A 5.7 pts 7 rebs a game is worth a 35-40 pick in the NBA draft.
Well, no one took the bait last year, and his defensive weaknesses have only become more apparent over the last year.

I think he returns. From a GM perspective, the two or three extra rebounds he gives you might not be worth the pick-n-roll defensive disaster that would await Oscar every time he walks onto an NBA floor.

I doubt Livingston's status has anything to do with it. Cal has won 833 games, taken every school he's coached at to the FF and Aaron Torres has won how many games, zero?

Of course he says, "appears" to not be. And uses Pilgrim as his source. Same Pilgrim that just says every player is being recruited by UK and no player is being recruited by UK.

But that's enough for a Cal haters. Any wind blowing in the direction they want to go is a good wind.

I doubt Livingston's status has anything to do with it. Cal has won 833 games, taken every school he's coached at to the FF and Aaron Torres has won how many games, zero?

Of course he says, "appears" to not be. And uses Pilgrim as his source. Same Pilgrim that just says every player is being recruited by UK and no player is being recruited by UK.

But that's enough for a Cal haters. Any wind blowing in the direction they want to go is a good wind.
You're a caricature at this point, man.

Seriously. You're like a comic book villain whose lines I can accurately predict before I even start reading.

The game has passed Calipari by because he's allowed it to. Citing Cal's history of wins is irrelevant. He hasn't done anything for years. Of course, you already know this, so you ignore it. It's part of the act you put on here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT