ADVERTISEMENT

Aaron Bradshaw at the gym at 2am

We are constantly hearing from both Aaron and Cal how bad he wants to play. Sometimes it seems like overcompensation. Like when he inevitably DOESN’T play, they can say “well it wasn’t for lack of trying!”, thereby differentiating it from the Sharpe situation. But as long as Bradshaw remains in Rich Paul’s “klutches”, I will remain skeptical.

Question is…Is he working to get back to playing for UK or trying to improve prior to NBA workouts?
My thought is if it was for the draft, why work out in the middle of the night when the draft is still 8 months away? He could work out during the day and chase tail all night like most guys his age. At least to me, it appears like someone trying to work their way back.

My thought is if it was for the draft, why work out in the middle of the night when the draft is still 8 months away? He could work out during the day and chase tail all night like most guys his age. At least to me, it appears like someone trying to work their way back.
Because being there at 2am makes it look like he's got some super work ethic or something. Or he doesn't want to bombarded with people questioning why he's avoiding playing.

He should be practicing with the team in shoot arounds . For the life of me I can't see why it is taking so long to heal. I know different people seem to heal quicker than others but this has been a long time for him. JMO
It's clear as day that he's pulling a Sharpe for as long as he can. I'm sick of it, and this is all on Calipari.

He should be practicing with the team in shoot arounds . For the life of me I can't see why it is taking so long to heal. I know different people seem to heal quicker than others but this has been a long time for him. JMO
Everyone's body is different man. Even identical twins have different ways their bodies function and perform.

It has been a long time. But if he's putting in individual time at the gym at 2 am, I'd say it's getting closer.

Reactions: Justwantadecentteam
Because being there at 2am makes it look like he's got some super work ethic or something. Or he doesn't want to bombarded with people questioning why he's avoiding playing.
Why and who would he have to answer questions to? It's not like the general public is in the gym.

It could be a photo op, but why wait this long for a photo op? Why do it at 2am? 5 or 6 am and it would still appear as if he has a good work ethic.

I think he wants to play, but his handlers might be a totally different story. Hopefully he gets to be his own man and make the decision himself

Who's to say his handlers do not want to risk more injury on the foot and want him to mimick the Sharpe saga and protect him for the draft. His handlers have a lot invested in him. College athletics is a mess and revolves around the $.

Reactions: NociHTTP
I hope he’s not neglecting his studies.
This thought crossed my mind too. This could be the case if he sees himself coasting through this year til the draft. I sure as hell hope this isn't the case. Something tells me that he wants to play. We just need to get Z cleared ASAP. I have very little respect for the NCAA.

If you think a Kentucky basketball player is ever worried about their studies at 2AM. Than I have some oceanfront property in Nebraska that is just for you.

Reactions: Chuckinden
I'm not saying you're wrong, because we have NO idea. But we also have NO idea. If that does happen again, we all should be "happy".....it will be the end of Cal at UK.
And I hope I am wrong. I don't think there's a single soul here who wouldn't love another title. I don't trust the administration to actually do anything about it if it does happen.

I understand the frustration with not knowing what the timeline is for him, Ugo, and Z, but I don't understand all the posts about how long it is taking him to heal. I have no idea exactly what the injury was, or what they did with respect to the surgery. I doubt anyone on here does either. It's impossible to say how quickly he should be healing if we don't know what they did to his foot to begin with.

Reactions: CatTough
The one thing different with him than with Sharpe, it seems to me, he seems comfortable with other team members. I didn't get that from Sharpe. He always appeared to me like he though he was a pro and was above competing on the college level.

While I agree it’s possible he never plays, it’s definitely not “clear as day” that will be the outcome.
I think in the age of social media group think, "clear as day" means whatever I want to claim is true to fit my agenda and gets a dozen "likes" on facebook.

Reactions: JwUKFan11
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT