ADVERTISEMENT

Can we talk about DJ?

It seems like Wagner is playing for draft positioning right now, but it isn’t helping him nor the team.

Reactions: CROCAT
Difference, Reed carried uk in the 2nd half. Who else was going to score...Ugo, edwards, bradshaw? Reeves was shut down most of the game
Yea and Cal had him on the bench the first 5 minutes of second half. Cal just wants to make sure his 5 stars get clock when they should be getting some more bench time.

This is a crazy take. It was an awful shot taken by a 30% shooter who has no business pulling up taking that shot from deep without anyone else touching the ball. I’d say it was a terrible shot even if he’d made it. Even my 9 year old son said “why did he shoot that?!” right when it left his hand before we knew if it was going in.

It was a terrible shot.
You should have heard me yell, my wife was in kitchen and she said why are you screaming?

I can't believe this guy was ranked #1 in his class for the better part of his HS career.

Looks like a 3 star player out there

TIFWIW but I just watched a video with Goodman who claims he said we never should have taken him because he added nothing to what we already had. We needed a veteran guard from the portal who could defend.

I disagree with Goodman at times, but it's hard to argue that at this point. Can you imagine how much better would be if we traded DJ Wagner for a dude like Tramon Mark or LJ Cryer?

I don't even mean to shade DJ with that comment, I really do like him and think he has a ton of potential, but at the end of the day if you can't shoot the ball from the PG spot, you are hurting the team.

That's something he can certainly fix but it takes time that we don't have.

He should attempt no more three pointers this year. But we know he will.

I disagree. If he completely abandons the 3-ball, teams will REALLY start sagging off and our offense will really tank.

He needs to take a couple per game at least and make a few so he keeps his defender honest.

Conversely, Reed needs to be MORE selfish. I am so sick of him passing up decent looks.

At the end of the day, I'd rather Reed/Reeves/Dilly take a moderately contested 3 than Edwards or Adou a wide-open 3. But we won't even get sound paint touches if Wagner isn't trusted at all as a shooter.

I disagree. If he completely abandons the 3-ball, teams will REALLY start sagging off and our offense will really tank.

He needs to take a couple per game at least and make a few so he keeps his defender honest.

Conversely, Reed needs to be MORE selfish. I am so sick of him passing up decent looks.

At the end of the day, I'd rather Reed/Reeves/Dilly take a moderately contested 3 than Edwards or Adou a wide-open 3. But we won't even get sound paint touches if Wagner isn't trusted at all as a shooter.
Ok. Run first possession for a DJ 3 and get it over with. If he hits it, it’s just a bonus.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT