ADVERTISEMENT

A lot of posts about the Harrisons but...

Oct 30, 2009
it wasn't like our bigs were stepping up. WCS, DJ and Townes were combined 4 for 14. And those are 2 foot shots.

We wouldn't have won the game today with our our guard play.

no body on the team played to their best. Nobody.

This is a team, we win as a team, lose as a team, it wasn't any one or two individual(s) that stunk it up today.

We'll get better, go cats!

This post was edited on 1/11 10:20 AM by WallMashKyBall

Jones , Teague , Goodwin and the Harrison's . There is a connection with the players I listed , certain types of posters will not give a break because of it .

Originally posted by WallMashKyBall:
it wasn't like our bigs were stepping up. WCS, DJ and Townes were combined 4 for 14. And those are 2 foot shots.
and the twins were 6 of 30 that should tell you something right there. Way too many missed shots on the perimeter.

Originally posted by Cats_Cradle55:

Leave it to BBN to be overly critical of an undefeated team that's been number one since preseason started.
That is par for the course for some of our "fans"

Complaining happens on every message board for every team. Harrison Twins had a lot of hype coming in so of course with the way they have played so far at UK will draw criticism when people were spoiled by the likes of John Wall, Brandon Knight, Eric Bledsoe etc. and they all were also criticized at some point.

Well the argument of giving the Harrisons less playing time is just silly and unrealistic. Sure they have struggled lately but so have quite a few others. Aaron shot to many threes today and Andrew blew a couple of easy looks but these guys are key players for us. I don't really understand the rage and hostility some fans have for them when they don't play particularly well.

Re: A lot of posts about the Harrisons but...[/URL]BigBlueFan1963 posted on 1/10/2015...
and the twins were 6 of 30 that should tell you something right there. Way too many missed shots on the perimeter.

Hey Big Blue fan, perimeter shooting by the best sharp shooters in the business over a career is a tad above 40 percent. Low post players who are good and smart will average above 50% because they shoot and dunk so damn close to the basket. The fact that our bigs can't crack 28% on 2 footers and dunks is more alarming to me than our guards having an off night. sometimes a 20 footer doesn't go in, but low post shots should be more reliable.

clutter.jpg

Originally posted by Xception:
Jones , Teague , Goodwin and the Harrison's . There is a connection with the players I listed , certain types of posters will not give a break because of it .
Curly hair!

Originally posted by shaudyshaud1:
Harrison Twins had a lot of hype coming in so of course with the way they have played so far at UK will draw criticism when people were spoiled
Just b/c analysts hyped them does not mean we have to hold them to ridiculous standards. How is Kasey Hill doing?

Originally posted by BigBlueFan1963:
here's the thing i don't get.

why not Twins/Ulis shot 7 of 35?

Our bigs have been awful of late. Soft. Butterfingers. Missing bunnies. Gettibg swatted. That's been the big difference the last two games.

There will be some posters on this board whose keyboards will get a nice break when the Twins leave. Some would complain about the Twins if they single handedly won every game for us this year. I am not saying that its bad to question things but its EVERY SINGLE GAME there are 1800 "Twins Suck" threads that pick apart every mistake they make. I dont see threads about how KAT is soft/whiny at times or how Dakari seems to be lost half the time or how Ulis played like crap yesterday. If there is one thing for sure about this board, I can always count on a thread picking apart every detail of the Twins game.

Ironically Andrew's issues are the same as the bigs'.

Can't score through contact. Any bump sends him to the floor. The bigs are in the same boat. Just bothered by even the slightest pressure coming from the weakside.

What this team could really use--although we'll never see it--is some post-to-post passing. When the pressure comes on Dakari for instance a lot of times you've got Lee standing wide open on the other block. The same happens with Towns. If the bigs could deliver the ball to the other big it would relax some of the suffocation we're seeing in the paint.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT