ADVERTISEMENT

A GREAT article about Travis Perry !

Ripcord65

Senior
Apr 29, 2009
Y'all need to read this article by Larry Vaught, dated today ! It dispels ANY concerns anybody might have about whether Travis Perry will be a 'Cat playing under Coach Pope !

Y'all need to read this article by Larry Vaught, dated today ! It dispels ANY concerns anybody might have about whether Travis Perry will be a 'Cat playing under Coach Pope !

Sounds pretty positive to me. Can't wait to watch him.

Pope needs to have a face-to-face meeting with Perry asap. This should have already happened.

“I think it’d be nice to sit down and see what he knows about it (meaning Perry's high school career). We’ve watched quite a bit of film on coach and BYU’s offense. It’s really crazy how their team plays exactly like our high school team plays. I mean, it’s uncanny. It’s really interesting. I think all that checks all the boxes." (they just need to hear from Pope) - Ryan Perry

Not sure why anyone had any doubt.
You know, UKW'87 ... I don't think that any of those posters really had any doubt whether Travis Perry would come to U.K. But I think there are several former CCC Sunshine Pumpers who resent Coach Pope just because he's the one who has replaced CCC ... but those CCC Sunshine Pumpers don't have the courage to, or any basis to, overtly attack Coach Pope, so they post their insinuations that Travis Perry might decommit from U.K., etc., and they criticize Coach Pope because he can't be in four places at the same time and prioritized visits with Great Okobor and Amari Williams over a visit with Travis Perry. It's just nonsense, of course, but ... remember all of the inane nonsense that the Sunshine Pumpers used to spout in their attempts to cover up or minimize CCC's glaring ineptitude ! ! !
But, fortunately we can all say now, with maximum enthusiasm -- Go 'Cats ! ! !

You know, UKW'87 ... I don't think that any of those posters really had any doubt whether Travis Perry would come to U.K. But I think there are several former CCC Sunshine Pumpers who resent Coach Pope just because he's the one who has replaced CCC ... but those CCC Sunshine Pumpers don't have the courage to, or any basis to, overtly attack Coach Pope, so they post their insinuations that Travis Perry might decommit from U.K., etc., and they criticize Coach Pope because he can't be in four places at the same time and prioritized visits with Great Okobor and Amari Williams over a visit with Travis Perry. It's just nonsense, of course, but ... remember all of the inane nonsense that the Sunshine Pumpers used to spout in their attempts to cover up or minimize CCC's glaring ineptitude ! ! !
I'm certain you aren't referring to me, as I've wanted Cal gone for years (not that I was on here whining about him 24/7). But Travis Perry is the most important recruit in this class for UK, and he needs to be locked down, no questions. If they aren't even sure what Pope knows about Perry's high school career at this point, I have a real problem with that. Perry is a better guard right now than Dallin Hall, and he is the prototype to run Pope's offense, and he bleeds blue, and is a likely four year player. MAKE HIM KNOW HE'S WANTED!!!!

Pope needs to have a face-to-face meeting with Perry asap. This should have already happened.

“I think it’d be nice to sit down and see what he knows about it (meaning Perry's high school career). We’ve watched quite a bit of film on coach and BYU’s offense. It’s really crazy how their team plays exactly like our high school team plays. I mean, it’s uncanny. It’s really interesting. I think all that checks all the boxes." (they just need to hear from Pope) - Ryan Perry

Perry probably talked to him by phone and said soemthing like "don't worry about me, get me some teammates and we'll sit down after the portal closes".

But some act like he might leave because they haven't sat down yet. :flush:

It was shotty reporting trying to make a story where there wasn’t one for clicks. All based on a vague comment by Perry about waiting to talk to pope combined with an expectation that everyone has to make an official announcement instead of taking the approach of “if they haven’t reopened recruitment or asked out of NLI then they are still committed

Some guy tried to tell me this morning that it was gloom, despair, and agony on thee. I hope this article will talk him down from the ledge.
I think it’s just a decline in journalism. Misleading stories get clicks which means more AD dollars maybe?

Reactions: Fox2monk
This story tells me it isn't a done deal (probably 95% done but not done), and it should be done at this point. No sense in risking losing Perry. Get him locked up now. Sit down and talk offense with him, since Perry has essentially been running this offense for years now. He probably knows it as well as Pope does.

I'm certain you aren't referring to me, as I've wanted Cal gone for years (not that I was on here whining about him 24/7). But Travis Perry is the most important recruit in this class for UK, and he needs to be locked down, no questions. If they aren't even sure what Pope knows about Perry's high school career at this point, I have a real problem with that. Perry is a better guard right now than Dallin Hall, and he is the prototype to run Pope's offense, and he bleeds blue, and is a likely four year player. MAKE HIM KNOW HE'S WANTED!!!!
"The lady doth protest too much, methinks."
Hamlet, Act III, Scene II.

lol, the people I saw questioning whether he'd be here or not were, to a man/woman, Cal haters.

Quite possibly the dumbest post I've ever read. Seek help, seriously.

Should have, but he’s been away prepping for this all-star game this week. He said they’ve been in regular contact just haven’t had the sit down yet. It’s understandable. Wish people would stop making mountains out of mole hills.

This story tells me it isn't a done deal, and it should be done at this point. No sense in risking losing Perry. Get him locked up now.

Your continued protest that Travis Perry's coming to U.K. "isn't a done deal" is completely disingenuous - particularly after having read (I presume) what Travis' father said about the matter in the last couple of days. But you have certainly identified yourself as one poster whose future criticisms of Coach Pope will be unsurprising, if not predictable.

Reactions: bluesundown
Perry probably talked to him by phone and said soemthing like "don't worry about me, get me some teammates and we'll sit down after the portal closes".

But some act like he might leave because they haven't sat down yet. :flush:
This is my hope as well. But I just don't get the feeling that Perry is getting the respect he deserves so far, especially from the fan base.

Your continued protest that Travis Perry's coming to U.K. "isn't a done deal" is completely disingenuous - particularly after having read (I presume) what Travis' father said about the matter in the last couple of days. But you have certainly identified yourself as one poster whose future criticisms of Coach Pope will be unsurprising, if not predictable.
Well you're welcome to follow my posts in the future if you want. I'm 100% all-in on Coach Pope. I'm just a far western Kentucky native who understands that our end of Kentucky has always been an afterthought to the rest of the state.

If he turns out to be the player you described. I doubt he is a 4 year player. Those days are gone. Unless he is a rare really good college player but not enough skills for the NBA type.

He’s a Kentucky boy through and through. We all knew that.😂🏀

Well you're welcome to follow my posts in the future if you want. I'm 100% all-in on Coach Pope. I'm just a far western Kentucky native who understands that our end of Kentucky has always been an afterthought to the rest of the state.
Well, my friend ... I can sympathize with you about kids west of the Natcher Parkway being far less represented on U.K. rosters over the years. I really had not realized that, even though I saw my first U.K. game in person in 1954 (Hagan and Ramsey). I went back on Jon Scott's website and started with the Fabulous Five, the NCAA National Champs in 1948. I'm sure you know that Kenny Rollins, who was from Wickliffe, KY, was the captain of that team. BUT ... I looked at every roster from 1948 to the present, and, as you suggested, there have been FAR fewer western Kentucky guys who played for the 'Cats than I would have guessed.
I'll be hoping for a great U.K. career for Travis Perry ! Go 'Cats ! ! !

Reactions: FtWorthCat

I’m honestly shocked he hasn’t yet. I know Pope probably hasn’t slept since the hire but I’d say they had to have a phone call at least.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT