ADVERTISEMENT

$86M over the next 10 years

I just think he’s already burnt out. Another bad season or two and he’ll want out. No way he stays the remainder of his contract IMO.

He's not gonna turn away that much money because he feels "burnt out." Especially since his demand level has fallen and he knows he'll never get a contract this lucrative again.

He may not stay for every penny, but he'll stay until he's collected most of it, even if it means enduring some bad years on the court.

Last edited:
I just think he’s already burnt out. Another bad season or two and he’ll want out. No way he stays the remainder of his contract IMO. If UCLA asked him again today to come
It wouldn’t surprise me a bit if he took it.

LMAO! UCLA??? You think Ellen wants to live in LA? You think Cal does? They love UK and Kentucky. He ain’t going nowhere.

LMAO! UCLA??? You think Ellen wants to live in LA? You think Cal does? They love UK and Kentucky. He ain’t going nowhere.

Well, apparently UK thought he was serious about UCLA. Because Cal talking to UCLA was the thing that caused UK to cave and give him the most crazy lucrative extension the sport's ever seen. It was not "love of UK" that got Cal to stay, instead it was 86 million dollars.

And, btw, since when has "wanting to live in LA" ever been considered a crazy thing? In case you hadn't noticed, that's long been the place where this country's rich, famous and beautiful people most gravitate.

Last edited:
Cal isn’t worth 20 million over that timespan. We’re spend Coach K money and getting Sean Miller results.

good news is Cal will tuck tail and run in a year or two. Then we can finally move on and get a real coach in here that keeps players around long enough to teach them something more than a high school JV offense.
You need to tuck tail and run back to your mommy's basement where you belong. You are a joke.

Well, apparently UK thought he was serious about UCLA. Because Cal talking to UCLA was the thing that caused UK to cave and give him the most crazy lucrative extension the sport's ever seen. It was not "love of UK" that got Cal to stay, instead it was 86 million dollars.

And, fwiw, since when has has "wanting to live in LA" been considered a crazy thing? In case you hadn't noticed, that's long been the place where this country's rich, famous and beautiful people most gravitate.

It very well is a place for many rich people. I don’t see Ellen wanting to live in LA. Not at their age. I also don’t think Cal asked for the extension. Rumors come out every year at the same time about him leaving and UK wanted to put those to bed. Remember when he was going to coach Lebron? AD? He wants to help kids achieve their dreams. UK is the best place for him to do that. UCLA isn’t. Simple as that.

I also don’t think Cal asked for the extension.

Oh goodness gracious, you can't really be this naive.

Do you not know how contract negotiations work? Do you think it's just coincidence that news of this crazy lavish extension came out immediately after we learned that Cal was talking to UCLA? Offers like that don't come unless the other side is wielding leverage and making demands (even if done through agents or lawyers).

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he did.

Last edited:

Do you not know how contract negotiations work? Do you think it's just coincidence that news of this crazy lavish extension came out immediately after we learned that Cal had been talking to UCLA? Offers like that don't come unless the other side is wielding leverage and making demands (even if done through the agents and lawyers).

Well that is an opinion, just like mine. Unfortunately, neither one of us can prove the other wrong.

Do you not know how contract negotiations work? Do you think it's just coincidence that news of this crazy lavish extension came out immediately after we learned that Cal was talking to UCLA? Offers like that don't come unless the other side is wielding leverage and making demands (even if done through agents or lawyers).

You know nothing.

I hope Cal leaves, then we get another Gillespie. Some of you "fans" deserve that. If you can't be happy with having the most wins in NCAA basketball the last 10years then you are a miserable person with unrealistic expectations. When the next coach comes in and is worse than Cal you might slit ya wrist.

Would you rather have Cal for the next 10 years and he has zero chance at winning a title or
get a new coach and there is a legit chance at winning the title?

only one or the other.... and I ask because the NCAA and Officials will not let Cal win another title here....... at least thats what many in BBN believe now that we've witnessed the atrocious officiating against us

One thing that adds value to most of us diehard Kentucky fans is watching the fair weather fans heads explode. The ones like University of Jeff and Nail in his PlayStation are peeing their pants.

There is not one single proposal of a coach that assure a better job. There is not one single recommendation on which recruit to drop and replace with a three star. There is not a single valid criticism from a bonafide knowledgeable source for better ways to use our players. All we have seen is arm chair drivel, entitled whiners and PlayStation strategy.

Bottom line, we have the best available. So yeah, it’s worth it.

Fair weather fans dont mean what you think it does. Fair Weather fans means fans that only show up during the good times.. and as you can tell, everyone on the board has shown up in not so good times .

Hope he duplicates the succes over his first 5 years. 2016 until now has been average by UK standards
How can he duplicate it when those one and done elites are going to be going straight to the draft starting after next season? his system obviously needs the best of the best to do what he did years 1-6.

How can he duplicate it when those one and done elites are going to be going straight to the draft starting after next season? his system obviously needs the best of the best to do what he did years 1-6.
Very true, the only way it may work out consistently is if the NBA lets the superstar high school players go pro again and if you go to college you have to go for at least 2 years

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT