ADVERTISEMENT

3 Round Mock Draft by Kiper & McShay

TuckyFB

All-SEC
Jun 21, 2016

ROUND 3​

65. Jacksonville Jaguars

McShay's pick: Wan'Dale Robinson, WR, Kentucky

Get the ball in this guy's hands. He'll break your ankles with his explosive shiftiness and then run away from you with his speed. Jacksonville could use another playmaker for Trevor Lawrence.

71. Chicago Bears

McShay's pick: Josh Paschal, DE, Kentucky

The Bears would have drafted either of the two players who just came off the board if still available -- Chicago could use Raimann on its offensive line or Austin catching passes. But Paschal could make an instant impact, too, especially defending the run off the edge.

92. Green Bay Packers

Kiper's pick: Darian Kinnard, OT/G, Kentucky

We have filled all of the top needs for Green Bay so far, except for the one at guard. Kinnard, a three-year starter for the Wildcats, played mostly right tackle in college, but I see guard as his best NFL position. He didn't test well at the combine, but he's incredibly strong when he latches on to defenders.

All going in the 3rd round, but we could have a lot more drafted in the later rounds as well

Reactions: ukalum1988
Kinnard didnt test well at the combine and so slips badly in mocks... How much do those dozens of metrics they collect actually translate to on-the-field success? Seems like an athlete's version of the ACT, SAT, or GRE. Cool to know your benchmarks but by no means the whole story...

Kinnard didnt test well at the combine and so slips badly in mocks... How much do those dozens of metrics they collect actually translate to on-the-field success? Seems like an athlete's version of the ACT, SAT, or GRE. Cool to know your benchmarks but by no means the whole story...
Kinnard really took a nosedive. Maybe that'll serve as motivation for him.

I guess because he’s moving to guard, they don’t know exactly how he’ll pan out.

I saw a mock with Dare Rosenthal in the 6th round. Who advised that kid to leave? Sort of an odd year for him.

Last edited:
He was thought of as a possible OG long ago, that's been around for months.
Not last fall it wasn’t but original point being: his draft stock is largely weighted by his projected position which presumably we agree about. As soon as he was thought of “as a possible OG long ago” then his stock was 90% falling. There are exceptions sometimes.

Not last fall it wasn’t but original point being: his draft stock is largely weighted by his projected position which presumably we agree about. As soon as he was thought of “as a possible OG long ago” then his stock was 90% falling. There are exceptions sometimes.
I distinctly recall it being discussed during a game last fall by the talking heads, don't remember who it was. Regardless, I just want him to get a shot which will happen. I'm sure Kinnard will use this as motivation and will have a nice pro career.

I distinctly recall it being discussed during a game last fall by the talking heads, don't remember who it was. Regardless, I just want him to get a shot which will happen. I'm sure Kinnard will use this as motivation and will have a nice pro career.
I distinctly recall otherwise (spring thru fall 2020-2021)! Memories and perspectives are fun!!

I remember hearing during his Jr year that he would have to move to G. Last fall he was trying to prove he could play left tackle to improve his draft stock. He has always been looked at as a NFL guard

Reactions: mrschwump
Kinnard's combine couldn't have gone much worse both on the field and off.

Agree. Made a bunch of unsolicited political statements (never good business) and weirdly decided to lose tons of weight which imo really hurt him.

Hate seeing it. He should've just kept doing what he was doing.

Reactions: satcheluk
Kinnard is a road grader going to a league which doesn’t place as high a premium on that as it used to. His combine was bad. I think he will be a long time pro but I wouldn’t even be shocked if Fortner went ahead of him due to his ability to play center. Teams are gonna miss the boat on Wandale. Dude is tough as nails and will make somebody a great slot receiver. Rosenthal may be over drafted due to the combine. Think he had the fastest 40 time among lineman.

Reactions: Soupbean
I remember hearing during his Jr year that he would have to move to G. Last fall he was trying to prove he could play left tackle to improve his draft stock. He has always been looked at as a NFL guard
Dive through archives here if bored. Read the local media coverage on his decision to return last winter and improve his stock. Read last season previews. Read earliest mock drafts last fall when draftniks were really only focused on first/second round graded players. There’s no prevalent talk of moving to guard.

It’s insignificant detail but the talk was tackle, and even some locally thinking he should be LT last fall, but not saying there weren’t exceptions. I do think there’s some minor confirmation bias going on after the fact but who cares if not for boring off-season. He could play LT in the SEC in a pinch if needed and that’s pretty promising for NFL guard. What he did at LT as a true freshman in the Citrus Bowl was so impressive.

Reactions: The-Hack
Dive through archives here if bored. Read the local media coverage on his decision to return last winter and improve his stock. Read last season previews. Read earliest mock drafts last fall when draftniks were really only focused on first/second round graded players. There’s no prevalent talk of moving to guard.

It’s insignificant detail but the talk was tackle, and even some locally thinking he should be LT last fall, but not saying there weren’t exceptions. I do think there’s some minor confirmation bias going on after the fact but who cares if not for boring off-season. He could play LT in the SEC in a pinch if needed and that’s pretty promising for NFL guard. What he did at LT as a true freshman in the Citrus Bowl was so impressive.
There were reports from scouts last that thought he would have to move to guard. Yes there were some that thought he could be a right tackle. I thought he could play RT, but there were always scouts/analysts saying guard.

He was an amazing sec tackle

He was an amazing sec tackle

One of the best. Experts told us that every week, and his PFF grades backed that up.

I just don’t see how that dude’s not gonna succeed.

Of course, 3rd rd projection is great, and is no way indicative of what Kinnard will do in his NFL career.

One of the best. Experts told us that every week, and his PFF grades backed that up.

I just don’t see how that dude’s not gonna succeed.

Of course, 3rd rd projection is great, and is no way indicative of what Kinnard will do in his NFL career.
There are millions that would love to be a third Rd pick

Reactions: gobigbluebell
Kinnard really took a nosedive. Maybe that'll serve as motivation for him.
I don't get why one kid can climb so quickly because they test well in workouts despite a lack of results on the field and another guy can plummet in spite of his on the field play being elite caliber. It just seems they put so much emphasis on those 40 times, shuttle times, etc that they forget that football is played on the field not in a workout facility.

Reactions: sefus12
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT