ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Official Draft Day Thread

As a tangential Wolves fan as a fan of the Vikings and KAT, Dilly going there is absolutely awesome. The top defensive team in the league can help cover his liabilities and he has the perfect mentor in Conley. The flash from Edwards and Dillingham will be absolutely nuts.

So what. Only a sackless GM/front office would allow themselves to be punked out of drafting the better player. Washington wanted Sarr BADLY. Draft him & make Washington give you SOMETHING extra for a pick swap. Especially when you’re hurting for size. Worst case, Washington calls their bluff & you keep Sarr.

Instead, they take a guy whose ceiling MIGHT be De’Andre Hunter. Players & agents make threats like this all the time. But, ATL is the one front office that you can count on to piss their pants & back off & stand pat.

Sorry, this tirade isn’t directed at you, @crawfords corner. I am, or was, a Hawks fan since 1979 & I’m absolutely livid over this display of chicken shittery. I’ve never switched favorite teams, in any sport, my entire life. But, I think I’ve reached my limit of utter incompetence from this shit show of an organization. 45 straight years of it. Should’ve been the last straw when they traded Luka for Trae. My apologies to the rest of the board, too. But, I’m PISSED & had to vent.
Trae Young is a stat padding scrub.

So what. Only a sackless GM/front office would allow themselves to be punked out of drafting the better player. Washington wanted Sarr BADLY. Draft him & make Washington give you SOMETHING extra for a pick swap. Especially when you’re hurting for size. Worst case, Washington calls their bluff & you keep Sarr.

Instead, they take a guy whose ceiling MIGHT be De’Andre Hunter. Players & agents make threats like this all the time. But, ATL is the one front office that you can count on to piss their pants & back off & stand pat.

Sorry, this tirade isn’t directed at you, @crawfords corner. I am, or was, a Hawks fan since 1979 & I’m absolutely livid over this display of chicken shittery. I’ve never switched favorite teams, in any sport, my entire life. But, I think I’ve reached my limit of utter incompetence from this shit show of an organization. 45 straight years of it. Should’ve been the last straw when they traded Luka for Trae. My apologies to the rest of the board, too. But, I’m PISSED & had to vent.

As a Browns fan I can understand shitty front offices and things associated with being a bad organization.

Reactions: JHannibalSmith
I might be wrong, but I just don't see much of a career for him. He is just too slow. Teams will go at him offensively in an even greater way than teams exploited Doncic's poor defensive abilities.
I think he’s a lot more skilled than people give him credit for and he really worked on his conditioning. He will either be like almost all star level or bust I think.

I think he’s a lot more skilled than people give him credit for and he really worked on his conditioning. He will either be like almost all star level or bust I think.
I am not talking about his skills. I am talking about his lack of speed on the court. In todays' game, teams are going to force him away from the basket in defensive coverages where he will be useless.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I am not talking about his skills. I am talking about his lack of speed on the court. In todays' game, teams are going to force him away from the basket in defensive coverages where he will be useless.
I know but he didn’t have a problem running in college for a long period of time so I can definitely see him moving okay on the pros, it may be a little fast but his size will help him make up for some issues there. As far as guarding the perimeter he has to be on a team with good wings who can help cover him so he can stay around the post.

I really don't care about the NBA or where former UK guys end up. I tried watching, but I had to turn it off because Cal's dumb face showed up. Thanks for wasting two top 10 picks, but let it be Arkansas' problem now!
Cal has now coached lottery picks in: Camby, Wagner, Rose, Evans, Wall, Cousins, Patterson, Knight, Davis, MKG, Noel, Randle, Towns, WCS, Lyles, Booker, Murray, Fox, Monk, Bam, SGA, Knox, Wallace, Herro, Washington, Sheppard, and Dillingham.

That's 27 lottery picks.
Four #1 picks.
Ten top 5 picks.
41 First Round picks.
58 draft picks.
67 total NBA players (not counting Reeves and Edwards).

One title.

Cal has now coached lottery picks in: Camby, Wagner, Rose, Evans, Wall, Cousins, Patterson, Knight, Davis, MKG, Noel, Randle, Towns, WCS, Lyles, Booker, Murray, Fox, Monk, Bam, SGA, Knox, Wallace, Herro, Washington, Sheppard, and Dillingham.

That's 27 lottery picks.
Three #1 picks.
Ten top 5 picks.
41 First Round picks.
58 draft picks.
67 total NBA players (not counting Reeves and Edwards).

One title.
Dean Smith without the coaching talent.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
As a tangential Wolves fan as a fan of the Vikings and KAT, Dilly going there is absolutely awesome. The top defensive team in the league can help cover his liabilities and he has the perfect mentor in Conley. The flash from Edwards and Dillingham will be absolutely nuts.
I agree 100%, I can’t imagine a much better spot for him to grow. He’s on an actual great team and we have multiple UK players who are loved there.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
It's still feels so bizarre that Sheppard and Dillingham went 3rd and 8th in this draft, and that we also had Reeves, Big Z, Wagner, Bradshaw, Edwards, Mitchell and we couldn't beat a 14 seed.

Reactions: Fox2monk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT