ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Official Draft Day Thread

Shows how weak this draft is . Look how far back these picks are for a team like San Antonio who is still in rebuild mode .

Good lord.

You see how a lot of these teams are starting to trade for picks far off in the future? Almost as if they are trying to gage when these teams will stink and therefore have better draft capital?

Wild to see what Houston did today. Forgo very high draft picks the next few years.. for what they hope are several more high draft picks later on..

NBA is out of control.

You got teams passing on legit talent for "projects", and teams trading for draft picks 6 years from now.

This is why the league can more often than not be hot garbage til the play offs.

I mean, go ahead and draft Bronny at this point. I'd take him for no other reason than a shot at pops over half the guys who've been drafted so far.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Surprises sometimes happen in the first round. No one had Rodrick Rhodes going 24th in 1997.

You know, as I wrote that.. I kind of thought "this could be the type of draft" where a guy like Reeves sneaks into the 1st. Some team like Boston or the Mavs would rather have a role player who they know can play, and likely not demand a ton of money. Imagine Reeves being an NBA teams 7th or 8th option (compared to relying on Shep to be your 2nd or 3rd option)? Nice problem to have.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
NBA is out of control.

You got teams passing on legit talent for "projects", and teams trading for draft picks 6 years from now.

This is why the league can more often than not be hot garbage til the play offs.

I mean, go ahead and draft Bronny at this point. I'd take him for no other reason than a shot at pops over half the guys who've been drafted so far.

I actually kind of understand the draft picks 6 years from now. At least you have a shot at a higher pick potentially.

NBA is out of control.

and teams trade 5 1st round picks for a guy who has never been an all start. Can you imagine that happening in the NFL

Reactions: FitchandMurray29
You know, as I wrote that.. I kind of thought "this could be the type of draft" where a guy like Reeves sneaks into the 1st. Some team like Boston or the Mavs would rather have a role player who they know can play, and likely not demand a ton of money. Imagine Reeves being an NBA teams 7th or 8th option (compared to relying on Shep to be your 2nd or 3rd option)? Nice problem to have.
I can see it. Guys like Reggie Bullock have floated around the league for a decade with 80% of the scoring ability of someone like Reeves.

Reeves would make an outstanding back-of-the-first round selection and could probably give an NBA team instant contributions.

and teams trade 5 1st round picks for a guy who has never been an all start. Can you imagine that happening in the NFL

Deshaun Watson Sport GIF by UFC

I want Reeves to go as high as possible, but he might possibly have been the worst defender in college basketball. That dude couldn't guard anyone and it really hurt our team. Probably even moreso than Dilly's defense did. I mean you all watched him. He's horrendous on that end.

Sarr didn't(refused) work out for the Hawks
So what. Only a sackless GM/front office would allow themselves to be punked out of drafting the better player. Washington wanted Sarr BADLY. Draft him & make Washington give you SOMETHING extra for a pick swap. Especially when you’re hurting for size. Worst case, Washington calls their bluff & you keep Sarr.

Instead, they take a guy whose ceiling MIGHT be De’Andre Hunter. Players & agents make threats like this all the time. But, ATL is the one front office that you can count on to piss their pants & back off & stand pat.

Sorry, this tirade isn’t directed at you, @crawfords corner. I am, or was, a Hawks fan since 1979 & I’m absolutely livid over this display of chicken shittery. I’ve never switched favorite teams, in any sport, my entire life. But, I think I’ve reached my limit of utter incompetence from this shit show of an organization. 45 straight years of it. Should’ve been the last straw when they traded Luka for Trae. My apologies to the rest of the board, too. But, I’m PISSED & had to vent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT