ADVERTISEMENT

2020 NCAAT

ChicagoCat1990

Sophomore
Jul 5, 2016
Chicago
Just randomly thinking on a Friday afternoon, but what a massive what could have been of seeing Maxey and Quickley lead UK through the 2020 NCAAT. That team was clicking at the right time and had two stud guards.

Reactions: MdWIldcat55
No doubt. Cal has never underperformed with talent like that……. 🙄

It would have been fun but the Hagans situation was a distraction. And then Cal….so probably sweet 16 or elite 8 run.

The thing that separates that team for me was it was the best FT shooting team in UK HISTORY. UK probably has at least 3 more FFs and one more championship if they shot better FTs under Cal. That’s a really big deal. I always said that team reminded me most of our 2011 team. I liked their makeup a lot.

Reactions: MdWIldcat55
That team was making a run, with or WITHOUT Hagans. That team was a for-sure 2 seed, win the SECT and maybe play into a 1 seed, and I think would have had the best backcourt in the tournament and dominant rim-protecting big man in Richards.

It definitely sucks. 2017, 2019, and 2020 all should have been Final Fours, and honestly 2022 should have been also- watching 2 teams that we crushed play for the national title still hurts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT