ADVERTISEMENT

2018 season predictions.

Much to their credit I think a pretty big piece of that $40M/year SEC bonanza goes toward funding a new academic building. Attendance is down just about everywhere but that big 20,000 fan flip you mention in every other post is a bit "puzzling". Of course, attendance numbers are enormously inflated at just about every school.

Agree completely. Once certain "trends" are established, it often takes an actual win or loss to change the "fan feeling" regarding future contests.

Peace

A big piece of that $40M too, after giving an even bigger chunk of the over $200,000,000 CW loan to academics? And the faculty nixed the LOAN with interest to update the TWO YEARS OVERDUE scoreboards modifications, no upgrades in your TV during that 12 years.? Go figure.

You have to wonder sometimes if the tail wagging the dog at Transfer U wouldn't mean more money for academics in the long run-----at UK, not Transfer U with the corrupt jurich in charge, relatives galore, $45,000,000 buyouts, $500,000 bonuses when $50,000 is the norm, a $5,000,000 salary and close to a million for his son, a long list. Hell, the parties at the Hall and the coverups had to cost a lot, can you imagine what hurtt's recruiting budget was? $5,000 "loans" at the U to keep his power on probably paled in comparison to what probably happened with jurich in charge, he probably had more money on hand than the jailbird at the U did that had to get rid of $930,000,000 of OTHER people's money before he went to jail..

Anything to the story that jurich, AFTER saying the money was for the players, gave almost all of the $100,000,000 "shoe" money to Slick Rick, We do know that $100,000 got away, too bad about the FBI sticking their nose in over the incompetent NCAA, huh? That does sound like almost too much to believe, even with jurich and Slick Rick operating behind the scenes. Surely you heard the rumor, not sure I can even believe that one. Oh, wait, it is at Transfer U, probably true..

VERY close to 20,000 season ticket holders lost (but Slugger came back and got BETTER seats than his 30 year old ones, just shows how many left), and we averaged a full stadium WITH 6,000 more seats in 07--------with a team that didn't break even in the SEC. Sure, an exciting team, but I am excited about Snell, Bowden, Baker, Conrad, an OL with tons of experience AND depth that will probably average OVER a four star almost all the time, with Richardson not too shabby. QB the only big question and a lot of talent there. Not to mention the better depth, EVERYWHERE, that has often killed us in the past.. And I think there is a lot of room for hope with our new QBs, a JC with three years that was a four star in high school that didn't want to sit on the bench behind the TOP TWO QB prospect in the nation (as a Junior) according to the draft Guru. With another four star (ESPN) with two years in the system, with another player with more potential than we usually have at the position.

mitch cost us tens of millions with his shabby treatment of football (and its fans) and probably even more with the loss of donations, remember the LONG running thread on here where hundreds of fans swore they would never donate a cent to UK football as long as he was in charge of athletics? As soon as the incredible NON-support for football ended DONATIONS funded the $40,000,000 "football center", you have to wonder if the newfound money invested in FOOTBALL (Due to the OTHER SEC FOOTBALL programs) had anything to do with that.

He would have had a lot more money to spend ;on his sports if he had invested anything above the bare minimum he returned to football from what FOOTBALL brought in.

Come in Slugger, tell everyone how all these FACTS are just made up, but with no FACTS from you to back it up.

FAAR Stoops.. Seems like you have backed off a little from scanning every post to find something to dis Stoops about, progress, or are the FACTS getting in your way.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ky grandpa
A big piece of that $40M too, after giving an even bigger chunk of the over $200,000,000 CW loan to academics? And the faculty nixed the LOAN with interest to update the TWO YEARS OVERDUE scoreboards modifications, no upgrades in your TV during that 12 years.? Go figure. You have to wonder sometimes if the tail wagging the dog at Transfer U wouldn't mean more money for academics in the long run-----at UK, not UL with the corrupt jurich in charge, relatives galore, $45,000,000 buyouts, $500,000 bonuses when $50,000 is the norm, a $5,000,000 salary and close to a million for his son, a long list. Hell, the parties at the Hall and the coverups had to cost a lot, can you imagine what hurtt's recruiting budget was? $5,000 "loans" at the U to keep his power on probably paled in comparison to what probably happened with jurich in charge, he probably had more money on hand than the jailbird at the U did that had to get rid of $930,000,000 of OTHER people's money before he went to jail...

VERY close to 20,000 season ticket holders lost (but Slugger came back and got BETTER seats than his 30 year old ones, just shows how many left), and we averaged a full stadium WITH 6,000 more seats in 07--------with a team that didn't break even in the SEC. Sure, an exciting team, but I am excited about Snell, Bowden, Baker, Conrad, an OL with tons of experience AND depth that will probably average OVER a four star almost all the time, with Richardson not too shabby. QB the only big question and a lot of talent there. Not to mention the better depth, EVERYWHERE, that has often killed us in the past.. And I think there is a lot of room for hope with our new QBs, a JC with three years that was a four star in high school that didn't want to sit on the bench behind the TOP TWO QB prospect in the nation (as a Junior) according to the draft Guru. With another four star (ESPN) with two years in the system, with another player with more potential than we usually have at the position.

mitch cost us tens of millions with his shabby treatment of football (and its fans) and probably even more with the loss of donations, remember the LONG running thread on here where hundreds of fans swore they would never donate a cent to UK football as long as he was in charge of athletics? As soon as the incredible NON-support for football ended DONATIONS funded the $40,000,000 "football center", you have to wonder if the newfound money invested in FOOTBALL (Due to the OTHER SEC FOOTBALL programs) had anything to do with that.

He would have had a lot more money to spend ;on his sports if he had invested anything above the bare minimum he returned to football from what FOOTBALL brought in.

Come in Slugger.

1000% right

Reactions: jauk11
CMU . . . . . . . . . . . .W

Florida . . . . . . . . . . .L

Murray State . . . . . .W

Miss State . . . . . . . .L

Cocks . . . . . . . . . . .W

TAMU . . . . . . . . . . .W

Vandy . . . . . . . . . . .W

Mizzou . . . . . . . . . .W

UGA . . . . . . . . . . . .L

UT . . . . . . . . . . . . .W

MTSU . . . . . . . . . .W

U6 . . . . . . . . . . . . .L

8-4, 5-3 [SEC] with a nice bowl, likely the Outback.

I realistically expect Mizzou to have a stadium about 1/3 full of Mizzou fans when we play them.

Mizzou was like a 50,000 person wake in '16, when I attended. If our secondary improves with experience (Darius West) we might see a lopsided score in our favor, like in '16.

Its odd how different fanbases view opponents, UK fans for the most part are confident in getting a win against Carolina,

It is odd. South Carolina will likely thump UT, where ever the game is played, and we will thump South Carolina. If we beat UT, we will still give them every damn opportunity to win the game, like last year.

The TAMU, U.S.C., Mizzou and UT games are key for my prediction, and I have some confidence in them all.

I think TAMU takes a step backwards, and we win our rare opportunity in College Station. I'm just not real intimidated by a South Carolina team led by a QB we picked off repeatedly last season. We are in their heads. Mizzou better have more than Lock. UT might well take a couple of years to get back to .500 type ball.

For the third season, we face Georgia with a mathematical shot at the East, and they gun it down in our house.

Central Michigan - W

Florida - L

Murray State - W

Mississippi State - W

South Carolina - W

Texas A&M - L

Vanderbilt - W

Missouri - L

Georgia - L

Tennessee - L

MTSU - W

Louisville - W

7-5

3-5 in the SEC
Bahaha. Heck Naw. 4-8

We are not beating......UF, MISS ST, UT, UGA, SCAR, A&M, MIZZOU, NOR UL.

again, SCAR, MIZZOU passed us by light years. MISS ST was a no contest embarrassment, UT AND UF will be at their home.....nope, UGA, lol nope, UL reamed US at home. This team gave up in the end and got worse as SCAR, AND MIZZOU surged ahead.
It's not so much our talent even though that's not good enough, it's the coach.
Watch and learn this year. If he didn't get it in year 5 he is not getting it.

again, SCAR, MIZZOU passed us by light years. MISS ST was a no contest embarrassment, UT AND UF will be at their home.....nope, UGA, lol nope, UL reamed US at home. This team gave up in the end and got worse as SCAR, AND MIZZOU surged ahead.
Exactly when did SCAR and MIZZOU pass us by light years?

I believe that we have won four straight against South Carolina, and three straight against Missouri.

That said, both games are going to be difficult to win.

Bahaha. Heck Naw. 4-8
4447092.gif

Bahaha. Heck Naw. 4-8

Frank Beamer's record at Virginia Tech was 2, 3, 6, 6, 5, and 2 wins in his first six seasons.

A hall of fame coach, one of the best, and you predict Stoops will win twice as many games in his 6th year as Beamer did in his 6th year?

All right, now you are getting optimistic.

Central Michigan W
@ Florida L
Murray State W
Mississippi State W
South Carolina W
@ Texas A&M L
Vanderbilt W
@ Missouri L
Georgia L
@ Tennessee W
MIddle Tennessee State W
@ Louisville L

7-5 (4-4)

Who won the Mizzou and USC game last year? Oh, that's right, you were watching reruns of The John Calipari call in show during the football games. How's the 2020 Bracketology going?

Same prediction as usual from me.......
  • Winning season
  • Bowl game
  • Competitive against arch rival
  • Uptick in recruiting
Rinse and Repeat

Throw deep, blitz, fire Sharlman, bigger and stronger, yada, yada, yada.

Reactions: fabcat
Central Michigan - W

Florida - L

Murray State - W

Mississippi State - L

South Carolina - W

Texas A&M - L

Vanderbilt - W

Missouri - W

Georgia - L

Tennessee - W

MTSU - W

Louisville - W

8-4

4-4 in the SEC

Its odd how different fanbases view opponents, UK fans for the most part are confident in getting a win against Carolina, but as a UGA fan I see Carolina as the scariest game on our schedule, I think we are better than them at every position except WR, but DB will be our least experienced group in the 2nd game of the year. Nor sure our DBs will play with the confidence that early they need to play with to be effective.
Do you think you guys can beat Fla. I don't think we can if they spot us 50 points and begin the game in the middle of the 4th quarter

Central Michigan - W

Florida - L

Murray State - W

Mississippi State - L

South Carolina - L

Texas A&M - L

Vanderbilt - W

Missouri - L

Georgia - L

Tennessee - L

MTSU - W

Louisville - L

4-8..... Breaking in new QB, PK, O takes 5 years to learn, and Stoops hasn’t had a D since he’s been here.
Right, how in the hell did he get to 7 the last 2 years?

Exactly when did SCAR and MIZZOU pass us by light years?

I believe that we have won four straight against South Carolina, and three straight against Missouri.

That said, both games are going to be difficult to win.
We are light years ahead of Fla, don't ya know?

Do you think you guys can beat Fla. I don't think we can if they spot us 50 points and begin the game in the middle of the 4th quarter

I think we can beat them, but that's been the case more than once and we didn't. But for a real answer, I think we will, if those 2 WR are granted a waiver I don't know if they have a QB to take advantage of them. But I think it will be a tough game, last year when we played they had already quit. But we both know they expect to be both of us and our series has been pretty close the last 10 years, I think we have won 4 of the last 10 against them, last 8 really but thats an odd number to pick.. I think we win the next 3-4 against them, 18 will be as weak as we will be for the next 3-4 years.

Reactions: JC CATS
I think we can beat them, but that's been the case more than once and we didn't. But for a real answer, I think we will, if those 2 WR are granted a waiver I don't know if they have a QB to take advantage of them. But I think it will be a tough game, last year when we played they had already quit. But we both know they expect to be both of us and our series has been pretty close the last 10 years, I think we have won 4 of the last 10 against them, last 8 really but thats an odd number to pick.. I think we win the next 3-4 against them, 18 will be as weak as we will be for the next 3-4 years.

If we are relying on an advantage at QB I am not sure I like our chances, we have great potential (IMO) and no experience and they have much better potential (based on fallible ratings) with no experience. I like our returning players though, their ineligible being eligible is a big factor though.

Now if it depends on QB play between them and Georgia I think Georgia wins in a runaway.

And I think UK can win but a very tough game on the road, and Georgia wins handily, "neutral" site or not..

If we are relying on an advantage at QB I am not sure I like our chances, we have great potential (IMO) and no experience and they have much better potential (based on fallible ratings) with no experience. I like our returning players though, their ineligible being eligible is a big factor though.

Now if it depends on QB play between them and Georgia I think Georgia wins in a runaway.

And I think UK can win but a very tough game on the road, and Georgia wins handily, "neutral" site or not..

I would like to think we win handily, and the series is fairly close the last few years but I will be happy with a 1 pt win.

As for QB play, we have a pretty large segment of our fans who want Fields to start over Fromm. Now I am hoping for a couple series a game from Fields, if nothing else it will force DCs to spend time preparing for a guy like him

I would like to think we win handily, and the series is fairly close the last few years but I will be happy with a 1 pt win.

As for QB play, we have a pretty large segment of our fans who want Fields to start over Fromm. Now I am hoping for a couple series a game from Fields, if nothing else it will force DCs to spend time preparing for a guy like him

What a dilemma, which pretty much proven FIVE star QB to start,

What a dilemma, which pretty much proven FIVE star QB to start,

It just happens they were both highly rated kids coming out of HS, which doesn't really mean much in college. Fromm has shown he can compete at the college level and as curious as I am to how we would look with Fields and his ability to run I cant see him starting barring an injury... As for both being 5*, both are instate guys but neither was the highest rated instate qb either year. In Fromm's class the top get went to Stanford and we didn't really recruit him, this year we went all out for Lawrence and missed and went after Fields.

It just happens they were both highly rated kids coming out of HS, which doesn't really mean much in college. Fromm has shown he can compete at the college level and as curious as I am to how we would look with Fields and his ability to run I cant see him starting barring an injury... As for both being 5*, both are instate guys but neither was the highest rated instate qb either year. In Fromm's class the top get went to Stanford and we didn't really recruit him, this year we went all out for Lawrence and missed and went after Fields.

Yeah, we had ONE top rated QB once upon a time, how long since Couch was in high school?

Central Michigan - W

Florida - L

Murray State - W

Mississippi State - L

South Carolina - L

Texas A&M - L

Vanderbilt - W

Missouri - L

Georgia - L

Tennessee - L

MTSU - W

Louisville - L

4-8..... Breaking in new QB, PK, O takes 5 years to learn, and Stoops hasn’t had a D since he’s been here.
Why do you even follow UK Football? Is this just a fire Stoops crusade thing?

Looks like losses to a Florida, Texas A&M, Mississippi State, Tennessee, Louisville, Georgia, Missouri and South Carolina. Historically, it’s time for some slippage as regards UK football, though it could get worse. We always struggle against Vandy.

With no proven quarterback, new receivers, unknown help at running back and still questionable defense, it could be a disastrous year. We have been known to have them. Add to this the fact that UK is still at the bottom when it comes to comparative SEC recruiting; well, it’s hard to be optimistic.

Looks like losses to a Florida, Texas A&M, Mississippi State, Tennessee, Louisville, Georgia, Missouri and South Carolina. Historically, it’s time for some slippage as regards UK football, though it could get worse. We always struggle against Vandy.

With no proven quarterback, new receivers, unknown help at running back and still questionable defense, it could be a disastrous year. We have been known to have them. Add to this the fact that UK is still at the bottom when it comes to comparative SEC recruiting; well, it’s hard to be optimistic.

Theres a reason you only have 730 likes and over 10,000 posts. You ignore that we are loaded with more experience than any team in the Stoops era. Benny Snell, Josh Allen, Mike Edwards, Bunchy Stallings, Jordan Jones, CJ Conrad, Landon Young (if he leaves early), and Derrick Baity(some will laugh but he is on Mocks) will all be on an NFL team next season. And maybe even some others. Yet we are going to lose 8-9 games?

No way on Earth. The games you listed can be considered tossups (with UGA, MSU sure losses to me), but no way do they all look like losses. UofL lost a whole team practically, UT lost a lot on D and we beat them last season, Mizzou lost a lot and all they have is an offense (we also have a 3 yr streak on em), we have beaten SC 4 times in a row and we have them at home after dominating them on the road last season, and UF is winnable although we all know how that goes. A&M has a TON of question marks, and I have seen a few predictors even call it a tossup. Its amazing, I was watching a YouTube video the other day of a projection of us by SG1 sports, they said 6-7 wins and comments from other fans of other schools were predicting 7-9 wins for us (with the obvious UK haters saying 2 wins as well). But yet we have our own fans predicting 3-4 wins. Crazy and sad.

"new receivers" Really?

Baker is back, you have Richardson, Ali, Epps and Bowden who all played last year and are talented WR's

I'll even through in Cleven Thomas who I think will be productive.

Plus some talented FR who might surprise and get time, or simply RS.

Do I need to list the TE's?

Do you even know the roster?

Theres a reason you only have 730 likes and over 10,000 posts. You ignore that we are loaded with more experience than any team in the Stoops era. Benny Snell, Josh Allen, Mike Edwards, Bunchy Stallings, Jordan Jones, CJ Conrad, Landon Young (if he leaves early), and Derrick Baity(some will laugh but he is on Mocks) will all be on an NFL team next season. And maybe even some others. Yet we are going to lose 8-9 games?

No way on Earth. The games you listed can be considered tossups (with UGA, MSU sure losses to me), but no way do they all look like losses. UofL lost a whole team practically, UT lost a lot on D and we beat them last season, Mizzou lost a lot and all they have is an offense (we also have a 3 yr streak on em), we have beaten SC 4 times in a row and we have them at home after dominating them on the road last season, and UF is winnable although we all know how that goes. A&M has a TON of question marks, and I have seen a few predictors even call it a tossup. Its amazing, I was watching a YouTube video the other day of a projection of us by SG1 sports, they said 6-7 wins and comments from other fans of other schools were predicting 7-9 wins for us (with the obvious UK haters saying 2 wins as well). But yet we have our own fans predicting 3-4 wins. Crazy and sad.

I don't get all the negativity either, that is four players on offense and four on defense that have an excellent chance of being in the NFL next year, a third of our starters on offense AND defense. Then on offense you have our OL, with young players like Bowden and Baker returning on offense, with Pasqual and Bohanna probably better and a slew of returning starters on D, a FOUR star supposed to replace our one big loss at MLB. Add in another bunch of good prospects in our redshirts with a few true freshmen that could make an impact--------

And we are supposed to lose ALL of our close games?

Nothing like fellow, but overly optimistic UK football fans, who get riled up when someone forecasts a outcome that is not as cheery as theirs. To be sure, I hope I’m wrong. I would love to see them go undefeated. However, I’ve been attending UK games since 1958. I’ve been hoping for better for the better part of 7 decades. Blanton Collier was our coach then. He was also the last UK coach to win more games than he lost during his tenure. Since 1962, UK has had 10 different UK head coaches including Stoops. None has an overall winning record. Even with progress in recruiting Stoops has made since Joker was fired, UK, at best is 10th in the SEC.

As far as “likes” are concerned, (I have to laugh at this comment), more than 10,000 of my posts were on the old board where there were no “like” options. I’ve not posted as much inthe last several years. Obviously, being “liked” to you is every important. If you need and seek out likes so be it. Seeking out the approval from others on a mere message board has never been one of my life ambitions.

Again, I hope UK wins at least 9 games this season. Then, I will be pleased to return to your post and “like” it with great enthusiasm.

Nothing like fellow, but overly optimistic UK football fans, who get riled up when someone forecasts a outcome that is not as cheery as theirs. To be sure, I hope I’m wrong. I would love to see them go undefeated. However, I’ve been attending UK games since 1958. I’ve been hoping for better for the better part of 7 decades. Blanton Collier was our coach then. He was also the last UK coach to win more games than he lost during his tenure. Since 1962, UK has had 10 different UK head coaches including Stoops. None has an overall winning record. Even with progress in recruiting Stoops has made since Joker was fired, UK, at best is 10th in the SEC.

As far as “likes” are concerned, (I have to laugh at this comment), more than 10,000 of my posts were on the old board where there were no “like” options. I’ve not posted as much inthe last several years. Obviously, being “liked” to you is every important. If you need and seek out likes so be it. Seeking out the approval from others on a mere message board has never been one of my life ambitions.

Again, I hope UK wins at least 9 games this season. Then, I will be pleased to return to your post and “like” it with great enthusiasm.
So a team that went 4 4 in league play last two years will go 1 7 even though we return more talent than in my lifetime? Alrighty then

How is 6-7 wins considered optimistic? We have had 7 the last 2 years. 3-4 is clearly being negative.

How is 6-7 wins considered optimistic? We have had 7 the last 2 years. 3-4 is clearly being negative.

Call it negative if you like, it’s my opinion. Whether I’m negative or your positive will not have one iota of Impact on how the team ultimately performs. I’ve had season tickets since Stoll Field. I cheer for UK every game. Every year I hope for better. This year is no different. I just think, for the reasons I mentioned we are headed towards a down year.

Last edited:

tenor.gif

Reactions: Kampus Korner

I agree with your assessment of our team going into 2018. Which is why, absent catastrophic injury issues, there are no excuses for anything less than 7 regular season wins.

ADVERTISEMENT