Missouri - L

Georgia - L

Tennessee - L

MTSU - W

Louisville - W

7-5

3-5 in the SEC

Central Michigan - W

Florida - L (It is a night game and the last night game we played in the Swamp we took them to overtime but I can’t go against 31 years. We need to prove we can beat them)

Murray St - W

Miss St - W (Think we start to beat them regularly)

South Carolina - W (Don’t believe their hype, 5 win streak coming)

Texas A&M - L

Vandy - W

Missouri - W

Georgia - L (My pick to win it all next year)

Tennessee - L (Tenn lost a lot but when’s the last time we won in Neyland Stadium?)

MTSU - W

Louisville - W (Lamar Jackson isn’t walking on the field next year)

8-4, 4-4 in SEC

Central Michigan - W

Florida - L

Murray State - W

Mississippi State - W

South Carolina - W

Texas A&M - L

Vanderbilt - W

Missouri - L

Georgia - L

Tennessee - L

MTSU - W

Louisville - W

7-5

3-5 in the SEC
Same but loss against Louisville.

I also think UT, MSU, Mizzou, SC are toss-up games.

I will go 6-6 but could see anything from 5-7 to 7-5

For what little it is worth here, the Cats have "early opened" as 20 point favs against CMU, 1 point fav at TN and 9 point dawgs at Louisville. South Point GOY early lines here. CMU not in their early openers but in others. These are only UK games where I have seen live early betting lines.

Peace

Same but loss against Louisville.

I also think UT, MSU, Mizzou, SC are toss-up games.

I will go 6-6 but could see anything from 5-7 to 7-5

Yeah, I'm torn on that Louisville game

Basically, gave UK the edge because of Lamar Jackson being gone.

Central Michigan - W

Florida - L

Murray State - W

Mississippi State - W

South Carolina - W

Texas A&M - L

Vanderbilt - W

Missouri - L

Georgia - L

Tennessee - L

MTSU - W

Louisville - L

6-6

3-5 in the SEC

Could see us anywhere in the 5-7 to 7-5 range.

Reactions: Tannerdad
All of your picks are fair, but I probably disagree with Mizzou the most. That was a horrid defense, and they lost most of their playmakers (or what was left of them). Also lost their solid RBs and best WR. Drew Lock is a first round prospect, but I don't think Mizzou will have enough at other positions to even get a bowl. Their recruiting has gone down hill as well. The college itself can't even get kids to attend. Mizzou could reasonably lose the 4-5 of the 5 games before they play us. UGA, at Purdue (who killed them at home last year), Bama, at SC, Memphis. They will be lucky to start 3-4 coming into our game. I realistically expect Mizzou to have a stadium about 1/3 full of Mizzou fans when we play them.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
All of your picks are fair, but I probably disagree with Mizzou the most. That was a horrid defense, and they lost most of their playmakers (or what was left of them). Also lost their solid RBs and best WR. Drew Lock is a first round prospect, but I don't think Mizzou will have enough at other positions to even get a bowl. Their recruiting has gone down hill as well. The college itself can't even get kids to attend. Mizzou could reasonably lose the 4-5 of the 5 games before they play us. UGA, at Purdue (who killed them at home last year), Bama, at SC, Memphis. They will be lucky to start 3-4 coming into our game. I realistically expect Mizzou to have a stadium about 1/3 full of Mizzou fans when we play them.

Missouri returns a 1000 yard rusher in 16 who missed 6 games in 17, but averaged 6 ypc, that's pretty solid, return all 5 OL, WR depth is the biggest question mark on offense, and what can Derek Dooley do as OC.

Central Michigan- W

Florida- L

Mississippi State- L

S Carolina- W

Texas AM- L

Vanderbilt- W

Missouri- W

Georgia- L

Tennessee- W

MTSU- W

Louisville- W

8-4(4-4)

Really hope we somehow find a way to win at A&M since I am going

Reactions: NewWildcatOrder
Missouri returns a 1000 yard rusher in 16 who missed 6 games in 17, but averaged 6 ypc, that's pretty solid, return all 5 OL, WR depth is the biggest question mark on offense, and what can Derek Dooley do as OC.
Completely forgot about Crockett. But to be fair, his only 2 games where he met that 6 ypc this past season were vs our sorry D and Missouri State. In fact, almost half of his yards from 6 games last season was vs Missouri State (202 yds), and after that he never eclipsed 100. So I am not sure how good he can be, especially after injury. But I still think that defense is going to get shredded.

Completely forgot about Crockett. But to be fair, his only 2 games where he met that 6 ypc this past season were vs our sorry D and Missouri State. In fact, almost half of his yards from 6 games last season was vs Missouri State (202 yds), and after that he never eclipsed 100. So I am not sure how good he can be, especially after injury. But I still think that defense is going to get shredded.

To be fair UK was one of those 2 schools...

That game will be high scoring. Oddly I give a slight nod to our defense. I give a nod to their offense though. Crockett is a top 5 RB in the SEC.

Crack thread.

We've gone 4-4 the last two years in conference with an upcoming team that would run circles around the previous two.

I don’t think that’s the case at all. I think this team is better, but still some holes in a defense that was near the bottom of the conference and we don’t have a QB that has taken a live snap. I think the defense will be improved but still some considerable gaps and I have concern with our secondary, outside Edwards.

I’m sticking with a 5-7 to 7-5 spread until Stoops, coaching staff and players show me otherwise. I’m done with the Blue KoolAid.

Defense was bad to say the least, just know he was their leading back in 16 with over 1000 yards, his injury was an upper body injury so not as bad as a leg injury for a back. They do have a couple of good DL, 1 LB I think, but after that it's slim pickens defensively. They are likely to score some points, but are also likely to give up alot of points

MIzzou had a higher ranked defense than UK last year. Not sure where youre going with that.

There are four games in which we should clearly be favored- CMU, MTSU, Vandy, Murray. None of these, except for Murrary, should be considered a lock. There's an argument, based on the last two games against EKU, that maybe even Murray shouldn't considered a lock.

Then there are four games in which we are definitely the underdog. Florida, Georgia, Miss St. Texas A&M.

The remainder are swing games- Mizzou, S.Car, UL, and Tenn.

I'm thinking we win the four that we should win, lose the four that we should lose, and split the remainder (I'm guessing we get Tennessee and South Carolina), and finish 6-6.

There are four games in which we should clearly be favored- CMU, MTSU, Vandy, Murray. None of these, except for Murrary, should be considered a lock. There's an argument, based on the last two games against EKU, that maybe even Murray shouldn't considered a lock.

Then there are four games in which we are definitely the underdog. Florida, Georgia, Miss St. Texas A&M.

I'm thinking we win the four that we should win, lose the four that we should lose, and split the remainder (I'm guessing we get Tennessee and South Carolina), and finish 6-6.

Its odd how different fanbases view opponents, UK fans for the most part are confident in getting a win against Carolina, but as a UGA fan I see Carolina as the scariest game on our schedule, I think we are better than them at every position except WR, but DB will be our least experienced group in the 2nd game of the year. Nor sure our DBs will play with the confidence that early they need to play with to be effective.

Ut ,u6, mizzou all on the road and i certainly wouldnt call them swing games. SC is at home and I don't think we beat them at the end of last year...we will have to score a bunch to beat all four.

Really to early to do more than guess.
Safety net of 6 wins, hoping for 8. Really hard for me to tell before the season kicks in and I really see what teams have.

I DO think we may have a better shot at Florida early on while the new system is put in, and I think coaching changes may throw a kink in Mississippi State. Afraid South Carolina will be a harder task this year.
Missouri is a wth team for me.....maybe neither as bad or good as last year's streaks. I don't like our chances against aTm. Only good thing about Georgia is it's a home game. Louisville is wait and see for me. Usually takes a full year for even a great DC to turn it around when the talent isn't there.....but Petrino will score some points.

Ut ,u6, mizzou all on the road and i certainly wouldnt call them swing games. SC is at home and I don't think we beat them at the end of last year...we will have to score a bunch to beat all four.
Tennessee might just be awful this year- like they were last year. We are actually favored already by a point in that one- which, of course, is not to say that we will favored the day before that game.

Its odd how different fanbases view opponents, UK fans for the most part are confident in getting a win against Carolina, but as a UGA fan I see Carolina as the scariest game on our schedule, I think we are better than them at every position except WR, but DB will be our least experienced group in the 2nd game of the year. Nor sure our DBs will play with the confidence that early they need to play with to be effective.
To be honest, I am not really all that confident that we beat South Carolina. I didn't want to only give us five wins (I figure that we'll somehow get to six), so I gave us that one, with it being at home, and with our guys probably having confidence with four straight wins against them.

May as well throw a dart at a board until we get a chance to watch the QB position and see wth we have taking snaps back there. I lean 5-6 wins until the QB playing for the first time in their lives against SEC competition, proves otherwise.

Last edited:
Seems like our early predictions are twixt 5 and 8 wins.....

So either a statue of Stoops or a coaching search.
And actually that's pretty normal if you aren't one of the perennial contenders.

Central Michigan - W

Florida - L

Murray State - W

Mississippi State - L

South Carolina - L

Texas A&M - L

Vanderbilt - W

Missouri - L

Georgia - L

Tennessee - L

MTSU - W

Louisville - L

4-8..... Breaking in new QB, PK, O takes 5 years to learn, and Stoops hasn’t had a D since he’s been here.

One game could flip either way.......predicting 5-7, but could easily be 6-6 or 4-8. QB play and the defense causes us issues again this year.

Central Michigan - W

Florida - L

Murray State - W

Mississippi State - W

South Carolina - L

Texas A&M - L

Vanderbilt - W

Missouri - L

Georgia - L

Tennessee - L

MTSU - W

Louisville - L

5-7

2-6 in the SEC

9CMU W
UF W
Murray W
MSU L
USC W
A&M W ( just b/c I will be there
Vandy W
Missouri L
GA L
UT W
MTSU W
UL W

sluggercatfan said:
12 million says there won't be a coach search.
Yeah, but I thought you were working on that?

Still undefeated!! I just wish we were 2-0 now, I would feel a lot better, at Florida will be tough------along with a lot of other teams. Only one really big question mark on offense IMO, unfortunately it is the most important one, but I think the coaches have brought in about as good and deep a talent there as we have had in a while, one of the THREE has to come through for us though, I think our coaches have a chance there.

Too many questions on our schedule to make very accurate predictions now.

The SEC network just started a replay of the spring game, must have figured everyone was asleep, lol.

LOTS of upgrades since someone ran our program into the ground, Joker had ONE four star starting on offense and ONE on Defense, both JCs he had for one year, but that was BEFORE the wheels really fell off due to lack of support.

What kind of offense will our QB have supporting him this year, offense about he only thing that really matters, right? Well, a RB that a lot of fans think is the BEST in the SEC, when was the last time that happened? Two four stars and a competent 5.7 junior in Richardson (what, a 5.7 redshirted?? When did that start happening???------ that came in as a tight end------several four stars there) as starters at the receivers, a four star at TE (announcers just said they thought Conrad was the best returning TE in the conference), LOTS of experience and talent returning on the OL they should/could start five that average OVER a four star most of the time, a lot of depth,

Nah, doesn't matter who starts at QB, he won't have a chance with that kind of help around him, why Joker had ALMOST as many three stars starting against Florida his first year as two stars, with a four star starting on offense AND defense, and he got run out of the stadium, what chance does Stoops recruits have?

Of course the BIG difference will be in our depth. Speaking of depth, boy, that SECOND string RB sure is looking good on the replay of the spring game, he looks pretty big AND fast to me. Announcers just said he had gained 18 pounds since last year, sure doesn't look like it slowed him down any, hadn't heard that before..

But how I miss the good old days when Brooks left Joker all that talent, before a DECADE of NON support for football caught up with the program and resulted in TWO two win seasons, lol

Well, probably enough FACTS for now, and you had better get back to working on that DUMB buyout your great AD just negotiated../QUOTE]

Last edited:
12 million says there won't be a coach search.

Losing about TWENTY THOUSAND season ticket holders AND over $40,000,000 PLUS rolling in every year from OTHER SEC programs says you have a good chance, start carrying a bucket for donations to your campaign to the games if we start losing.

Oh, I'm sorry, WHEN we start losing, dumb coaches.

This is true. I think it's because we beat them regularly, even in Columbia. Florida, on the other hand, is generally regarded to be in worse shape than USC, but most realistic UK fans feel like we will never beat them regardless of how bad they are. I'm sure UGA used to feel that way about UF when it seemed like you couldn't beat them either.

Same with UT. UK has been so AWFUL against UT that any win against them feels like a miracle even though they've been mediocre to bad for most of this century.

Here is my current prediction, subject to change:

CMU: WIN, though it will be Stoopsy and we'll win by about 13.

UF: LOSS. Just can't predict a win. EVER. Until we finally beat them.

Patsy: WIN

MSU: LOSS. They'll be good this year, and they seem to have our number.

USC: WIN. We seem to have their number, and I think they're being overrated.

A&M: LOSS. I think we lose, but I wouldn't be surprised if we show up and compete hard and have a chance to win late.

Candy: WIN. We're starting to beat them regularly, and it's about time.

Missou: WIN. I think they'll be bad, and again, this is a team that Stoops has proven that he can beat.

UGA: LOSS. We hang around for a while, but end up losing by 14-17.

UT: WIN. A streak against the dirty Vols! I would normally predict a UT win in Knoxville, but I think they'll be battered and beaten after a gauntlet of Florida, Georgia, Auburn, Alabama, and South Carolina.

MTSU: Win. Not easy, but win.

UL: LOSS. We play them tougher in Louisville, but hard for me to imagine our team winnning 3 of 5 road games this year.

7-5 again, though I think 7-5 against this schedule would probably be a bigger feat than it was last year. Anything less than 6-6 is a disaster. Anything better than 7-5 is a great season for UK with this team.

Reactions: jauk11
Losing about TWENTY THOUSAND season ticket holders AND over $40,000,000 PLUS rolling in every year from OTHER SEC programs says you have a good chance...
Much to their credit I think a pretty big piece of that $40M/year SEC bonanza goes toward funding a new academic building. Attendance is down just about everywhere but that big 20,000 fan flip you mention in every other post is a bit "puzzling". Of course, attendance numbers are enormously inflated at just about every school.

This is true. I think it's because we beat them regularly, even in Columbia. Florida, on the other hand, is generally regarded to be in worse shape than USC, but most realistic UK fans feel like we will never beat them regardless of how bad they are. I'm sure UGA used to feel that way about UF when it seemed like you couldn't beat them either.

Same with UT. UK has been so AWFUL against UT that any win against them feels like a miracle even though they've been mediocre to bad for most of this century.
Agree completely. Once certain "trends" are established, it often takes an actual win or loss to change the "fan feeling" regarding future contests.

Peace

Those swing are the ones that I have questions about. I can see us winning them all, but I can see us losing them all. IMO, most likely scenario is we are 1-3 against those four. Like someone said, the first two games will tell us volumes. I can see us going anywhere from 4-8 to 8-4.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT