Gilchrist
Davis

Miller
Wiltjer
Lamb
Poole
Hood
Vargas

Can we get another big and another guard in next year's class?

I think everyone expects Jones and Kanter (if he plays) to be gone.

Knight and Lamb are the question marks. Knight could stick around so he can graduate or get close to graduating.

Its really too early to tell about Lamb. Remember last year, no one thought Bledsoe was anywhere close to a first round pick after 5 games. Lamb is gone if he is a first round pick, IMHO.

I'd be tickled just to get Lamb back.

And hopefully we add a big (Baru) to add some depth.

G Teague/Lamb/Polson
G Liggins/Poole
G Gilchrist/Hood
G Miller/Wiltjer
F Davis/Vargas/Baru

IMHO, there is ZERO chance of either Knight or Lamb being drafted in the First Round of the 2011 NBA Draft.

Originally posted by Ripcord65:
IMHO, there is ZERO chance of either Knight or Lamb being drafted in the First Round of the 2011 NBA Draft.

I think this is premature. Consider the "Calipari" effect from last year where initially it was just Wall going to the NBA. Then Cousins got attention then Bledsoe, then Orton. With all considered, I think there's a higher probability that Knight goes in the 1st round than not.

Knight could go either way. Logic says he is gone if he has a good year. But at some point, we are going to have some good players use their heads and stay!

Originally posted by BenboCat:
Knight could go either way. Logic says he is gone if he has a good year. But at some point, we are going to have some good players use their heads and stay!

True and Knight is as good a candidate for staying as any considering his scholastic approach and attitude towards education.

Honestly the roster COULD be this next year.

SR- Miller 6-7 230, Liggins 6-6 215, Vargas 6-11 230
JR- Hood 6-7 205
SO- Jones 6-8 250, Knight 6-3 195, Lamb 6-4 210, Poole 6-4 203, Kanter 6-11 272, Polson 6-2 180
FR- Davis 6-10 220, Gilchrist 6-7 200, Teague 6-2 175, Wiltjer 6-9 225

PG- Teague/Knight
G- Knight/Lamb/Hood
W- Gilchrist/Miller/Liggins
F- Jones/Wiltjer
C- Kanter/Davis/Vargas

I could see Knight be like patterson and graduate by his Junior year with his degree and then go pro and be a lock in lottery. Hes loves school. I say we Knight and Lamb returns no matter what.

Originally posted by crazyqx83:
Teague
Knight
Liggins
Gilchrist
Davis

Miller
Wiltjer
Lamb
Poole
Hood
Vargas

Can we get another big and another guard in next year's class?
I think you got the right first eight players. Think Lamb will get more minutes than Teague. Daniels and Chandler seem tobe the only big men left. Maybe Lacey will wait to see if Knight or Lamb leaves.

Harrellson graduates, Jones will be a lottery pick, Kanter will be a lottery pick but i have a strong gut feeling Knight and Lamb come back. So i think the 11-12 roster and depth chart will go like this now.

PG- Teague 6-2 170 fr
SG- Knight 6-3 195 so
SF- Gilchrist 6-7 200 fr
PF- Miller 6-7 230 sr
C- Davis 6-11 220 fr

G- Liggins 6-6 215 sr
G- Lamb 6-4 200 so
F- Wiltjer 6-10 225 fr
F- Vargas 6-11 230 sr
G- Hood 6-7 205 jr
G- Poole 6-5 210 so
G- Polson 6-2 180 so

- I just dont see any way Davis at 6-11 220 doesnt start center next year after losing Jones, Kanter and Harrellson after this year. Davis will be a double-double threat and 8 blocks/altered shots EVERY game next year.
- Even tho we return Miller, Liggins and Lamb on the wing i think Gilchrist is just going to be a absolute stud from day 1 in a UK uniform and has to start with the talent and drive he has. Not to mention Gilchrist is probably as good or better than Miller or Liggins on offense and as defensive minded as Liggins that can block/alter shots in bunches.
- Knight will move over to the off guard were i think he belongs and will set numerous soph scoring records but will still play point guard when Teague needs a break or gets in foul trouble.
- Teague will start point guard even tho Knight and Lamb come back. Teague is along the same lines as Rondo because hes super quick, athletic, defender, passer and ball-handler.
- Miller starts the 4/PF whatever you wanna call it simply because he will be a senior, team leader and 3 year starter and we dont have alot of size in the post.
- Liggins and Lamb come off the bench and play starter minutes at the 1, 2 and 3.
- Wiltjer and possibly Vargas come off the bench and play the 4 and 5. Gilchrist will probably get some minutes at the 4 depending on matchups and situations.
- Should have a strong 8 or possibly 9 man rotation depending on Vargas making strides and becomes the 9th man.

OK i changed my mind i think it will go like this now.

SR- Liggins 6-6 215, Miller 6-7 230, Vargas 6-11 230
JR- Hood 6-7 205
SO- Knight 6-3 195, Lamb 6-4 200, Poole 6-5 210, Beckham 6-5 190, Polson 6-2 180
FR- Teague 6-2 185, Gilchrist 6-7 210, Davis 6-11 220, Wiltjer 6-10 225, Lacey 6-3 190

- IF all 14 players stay next year Polson will resume his role as a walk-on.
- I would NOT be surprised if Hood or Poole or both transfered after this season because we will be loaded at the guard and wing next season so playing time looks very bleak for both.

PG- Teague/Knight
G- Knight/Lamb/Lacey
G- Gilchrist/Liggins/Beckham
F- Miller/Wiltjer
F- Davis/Vargas

- Looks like we can go 10 even 11 deep if needed and not really have a major dropoff in size and talent.
- Easily should have the best scoring backcourt probably overall best backcourt in the nation next year.
- Frontcourt should be top 5 nationally and easily best in the SEC.
- Pre-season top 3 team with as good as a chance to win the national title as weve had since 1996 in terms of pure talent, athletes and depth.

Originally posted by zoid1:
OK i changed my mind i think it will go like this now.

SR- Liggins 6-6 215, Miller 6-7 230, Vargas 6-11 230
JR- Hood 6-7 205
SO- Knight 6-3 195, Lamb 6-4 200, Poole 6-5 210, Beckham 6-5 190, Polson 6-2 180
FR- Teague 6-2 185, Gilchrist 6-7 210, Davis 6-11 220, Wiltjer 6-10 225, Lacey 6-3 190

- IF all 14 players stay next year Polson will resume his role as a walk-on.
- I would NOT be surprised if Hood or Poole or both transfered after this season because we will be loaded at the guard and wing next season so playing time looks very bleak for both.

PG- Teague/Knight
G- Knight/Lamb/Lacey
G- Gilchrist/Liggins/Beckham
F- Miller/Wiltjer
F- Davis/Vargas

- Looks like we can go 10 even 11 deep if needed and not really have a major dropoff in size and talent.
- Easily should have the best scoring backcourt probably overall best backcourt in the nation next year.
- Frontcourt should be top 5 nationally and easily best in the SEC.
- Pre-season top 3 team with as good as a chance to win the national title as weve had since 1996 in terms of pure talent, athletes and depth.

And I like the mix of veteran and new players. A couple of seniors with lots of experience,Hood, Knight, Poole and Lamb as leaders and then incoming freshmen to step right in as did the past two classes. I'm liking Gilcrist the more how I hear he plays and Teague is close to John Wall skill wise.

I think the depth factor more than anything will really push us over the edge and we should all hear lots of comparisons about this team and the 1996 team. Our team and man to man defense should be extremelly good and i think its going to take a great effort to even score 70 points on us. Lots of bodies, lots of tall and long bodies we can throw out there that will cause teams fits trying to run there O. Our offense should be pretty darn good also with Knight, Lamb, Teague and Lacey in the backcourt ALL capable of dropping 30 points any givin game. Miller, Liggins, Gilchrist and Beckham will have a ton of experience and a ton of talent on the wing. Im sure Davis, Wiltjer and Vargas can hold the fort down in the post.

One thing that concerns me about next year's team is size and bulk. We really don't have much as of now. We will have Vargas (who could get better but stinks right now), Anthony Davis (who's a toothpick) and Kyle Wiltjer (who's not really a banger/rebounding type). We will be loaded at guard and on the wings with long guys that can defend, score and rebound. But up front, I worry about us facing teams that are much bigger and can slow the game down. North Carolina is a team potentially that will have a TON of size next year and the talent on the wings to match up. We need another big IMO.

I think Knight is probably gone, but there's a chance he stays. If he does, I think we'll see:

Teague and Knight playing the guards like Wall and Bledsoe did. Then I think we'll see Davis, Gilchrist and MIller playing up front. On the bench, Lamb and Liggins will play a TON, as will Wiltjer. That's a solid 8 man rotation. I think we'll have probably 9 or 10 guys play significant minutes as I expect one of Vargas, Poole, Beckham, Hood to contribute...or potentially another freshman.

In the Spring there's always de-commits, etc....so I'm sure we'll be involved with any top flight guys that may decide to change schools...particularly bigs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT