ADVERTISEMENT

10-12 Game Thread

These referees are already thinking about getting out of Tuscaloosa alive. I predict there's a missed penalty or some type of horrendous call at a crucial point that benefits Alabama.

Bad spots and subjective calls like PI and holding will make sure the Bamas and OSU types keep winning even during rebuild years.

They will also keep us from taking the next step.

Reactions: The_Catfather
Why? A FG now puts them 8 ahead. Another pt adds little to the future.
Common sense. Do the math. Look at the analytics.

Edited to add, look at the situation now. If SC makes a FG here, they're only up by 2, meaning all Bama needs is a FG to win, rather than just draw.

Reactions: BigBlueFanGA
choke GIF by Cody Simpson

Reactions: AustinTXCat
Big man needed to bat that ball to the ground. I don't think their QB would've completed another pass to get them into FG range anyway.

At least Beamer has to deal with a heart-breaker.

Great ending but South Carolina couldn't quite do it. What a crazy onside kick. Was hoping for a field goal try to decide it. Wasn't pulling for SC but I also didn't mind Bama losing. Ready for some newer blood in the playoffs.

Last edited:
Reactions: AustinTXCat
All of that could have been avoided if the Alabama receiver went down inside the 5 after catching what ended up being a TD inside 2 minutes. Comparing to Saban is going to make just about anyone look worse, but this Alabama team doesn’t appear as well coached as we’re used to seeing.

Reactions: K_TIME
Went back and saw he caught it out of the endzone and his momentum took him in. Might have been called a safety.

I'm assuming that's why he brought it our.
He probably should have just went down as soon as he got out of there. He wanted to either burn all the clock or try and get the return for a TD. Would have been funny if he did a Marty Moore and USC got the ball with like a second to go.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT