ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

ACTUAL regrets/things I wish could have been changed/undone re: UK Basketball (in my lifetime)

Not guarding the inbounds pass

Pitino leaving for the Celtics

Rex not going to Louisville

Sean Sutton not keeping his mouth shut about a stupid necklace

Hiring Tubby rather than Billy D
Cal leaving five years ago would have been perfect for all involved.

Perhaps we struggled for five years so the stars would align now.

ACTUAL regrets/things I wish could have been changed/undone re: UK Basketball (in my lifetime)

Well I’d add a few:

Convincing Jodie Meeks to stay.

2015, I don’t know what but I’d change something

Billy G.

Something inconsequential I noticed was Pope’s warmup jacket had the Kobe logo on it rather than the Nike logo. I know the relationship was mentioned last year but I don’t remember seeing much of it.

Nate, is it just me or does fanatics kill the retail products way better than Panini? The Bowman Megas have been 🔥, and although the whole chrome basketball minus Wemby is mostly 🗑️, knowing you can get that auto elevates it over and panini “exclusive retail foil lavender go go gadget parallel” garbage.

Perfect madness and a perfect fall day. I love this 💩. Go cats.

Perry will play and play well.

Nate, is it just me or does fanatics kill the retail products way better than Panini? The Bowman Megas have been 🔥, and although the whole chrome basketball minus Wemby is mostly 🗑️, knowing you can get that auto elevates it over and panini “exclusive retail foil lavender go go gadget parallel” garbage.

Perfect madness and a perfect fall day. I love this 💩. Go cats.

Perry will play and play well.
Yes, retail went from 💩 to the better value.

I know baseball doesn’t want to compete with college football but having a game 5 division winning game at 1pm seems terrible!
You have a better time where it will draw some eyeballs?

- Being at UK during the Pitino years is something I will cherish forever. Just an amazing experience from going to Memorial for the ticket lottery to the games. I'm glad to say I've never hated the man.

- That was a masterpiece by SAE about UK football. Started going to games with my dad, one or two per year, in the late 70's and that instilled the fire that continues to burn.

Reactions: Century Cat

You mean Rex going to Louisville instead of UK?

I’ll add not recruiting Lofton and J.R. VanHoose.

Wish Pel could be more involved here. He might be a good GM someday or assistant coach when he’s done being a head coach. I’d argue he loves this place more than any player we’ve ever had.

SAE penned a modern day tome that I believe resonates with most of the Faithful. I lost my mom and dad three years ago, and every fall my mind lingers back to attending games with my dad when we had season tickets. The difference with my dad was he grew up so poor he never had much opportunity to develop a fandom in his youth, but he sure loved going to games. I witnessed my fair share of gut punches at Commonwealth, but in hindsight that’s only background noise compared to the times we spent together.

Respect knucks and a head nod to SAE from a 20 year lurker.

Jay…

I genuinely mean this with all due respect, admiration, and even a bit of awe…

Who TF are you? 😂

I know you won’t tell us anyway, but joking aside, always appreciate your insider basketball updates (which check at a pretty aggressive clip). 👊

Any recruiting updates after that masterpiece we saw last night? @jayroon
Things went great with Acaden Lewis from all accounts. I’ll think we’re the heavy favorite barring something wonky happening with UCONN. He could commit anytime between next week and sometime in November.

Jayden Johnson from Trinity (26 class) was the only other recruit there because there’s a team USA junior team minicamp going on in Colorado.

We seem to still lead for Caleb Wilson too but that situation is more fluid than Lewis’. Mikel Brown and Cenac are still in play but seem to be back up plans to Lewis/Wilson. That’s wild given they are both top 10 kids and Pope already has them as essentially back up plans.

Ament is one to watch too and I think it’s a good thing he’s not committing soon. He’d be a great fit and hopefully him having time to watch Pope’s offense here will help make up ground with him.

Re Tubby and Donovan.

I think there is no way on earth Billy wins a championship with the 98 team. Just don't think he was ready. Long term Billy would be the guy but Tubby was actually kicking the shit out of Billy with Bogans and company which actually contributed to Billy's 2 championships. I believe he said they weren't setting out to build a team that won a national championship, they were building a team to beat Kentucky. The fact he got those A-holes to come back for a second run was just a slap in the face during Tubby's decline.

jayroon has been around forever and started giving insider stuff just recently. I just assumed he subscribed to Trilly’s Discord.

Reactions: Col. Angus
NOT ready to welcome Pitino back. He did a lot of vile shit and really but a black eye on his legacy. I mean, the shit he did at Louisville just simply can't be over looked. If another school brought back a former coach who had Pitino's past, you guys would crucify the school and fanbase. Hell look at Bobby Petrino. He didn't do as bad of shit Pitino did. Sorry, not to shit on last night, just stated facts. Pitino should NEVER be welcomed back to Rupp. He is a disgraced piece of shit with a very bad moral compass. I appreciate everything he did at UK, but after he left and the shit he did, nope, not welcome IMO.

Hot take : This the least athletic team at UK in years. Better hope we hit a ton of 3's

• Haha
Reactions: jayroon
jayroon has been around forever and started giving insider stuff just recently. I just assumed he subscribed to Trilly’s Discord.
Lurked for years and incessantly have read every single word of every post for well over 10 years (partly due to OCD I’d venture to guess) so have always been a big fan of this thread.

Trilly is a good source but there are some other newer UK sports ventures I’ve found really useful recently too (and IMO are better than HOB and KSR+).

Have some friends who have worked in local sports media and have a booster that’s a good friend. They helped me find out stuff before the general public knew like Cal leaving/Kanter news, etc.

I chose to post that stuff here out of respect/admiration for/of you guys and I think this is a great medium for intelligent UK sports discussion (which is hard to find). I don’t regularly post anywhere.

Last edited:
Things went great with Acaden Lewis from all accounts. I’ll think we’re the heavy favorite barring something wonky happening with UCONN. He could commit anytime between next week and sometime in November.

Jayden Johnson from Trinity (26 class) was the only other recruit there because there’s a team USA junior team minicamp going on in Colorado.

We seem to still lead for Caleb Wilson too but that situation is more fluid than Lewis’. Mikel Brown and Cenac are still in play but seem to be back up plans to Lewis/Wilson. That’s wild given they are both top 10 kids and Pope already has them as essentially back up plans.

Ament is one to watch too and I think it’s a good thing he’s not committing soon. He’d be a great fit and hopefully him having time to watch Pope’s offense here will help make up ground with him.
Did Lewis skip the Team USA minicamp to attend?

NOT ready to welcome Pitino back. He did a lot of vile shit and really but a black eye on his legacy. I mean, the shit he did at Louisville just simply can't be over looked. If another school brought back a former coach who had Pitino's past, you guys would crucify the school and fanbase. Hell look at Bobby Petrino. He didn't do as bad of shit Pitino did. Sorry, not to shit on last night, just stated facts. Pitino should NEVER be welcomed back to Rupp. He is a disgraced piece of shit with a very bad moral compass. I appreciate everything he did at UK, but after he left and the shit he did, nope, not welcome IMO.

Hot take : This the least athletic team at UK in years. Better hope we hit a ton of 3's
You should read this.
B4quOip.jpeg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT