ADVERTISEMENT

#1 vs #4 and #2 vs #7 tonight

Yeah, Kentucky only has 14 games on the schedule against teams currently ranked in the Top 25. What a cake walk through the season...Thanks for dodging all the hard games Cal!
My comment has nothing to do with our strength of schedule. It has more to do with having the balls to enter a tournament style format and enjoying the trip to Maui.

Cal could probably handle it it's our fan base who couldn't handle it

This is true. I could only imagine the faux outrage on here if we lost to KU and then lost to Purdue and Marquette in the Maui, or beat Purdue but then lost to KU again for 2nd time this month.

Good for UT. Have them call us when they make one FF.

I hate missing this tourney too, win or lose. However, let's not act like UT is better than us for going when they can't even step to our postseason success.
Did I say UT is better?
Well they’ve actually been better in the SEC lately.
Barnes is the winningest SEC basketball coach since 2017.

We know Cal better stick with cupcakes. We‘re 1-6 over the last 7 champions classics. We can barely beat cupcake St. Joe’s.

We can return to Maui when we actually have a guy that can coach!

Did I say UT is better?

We know Cal better stick with cupcakes. We‘re 1-6 over the last 7 champions classics. We can barely beat cupcake St. Joe’s.

Barnes has 80 SEC wins since 2017 season. UK has 90, even with the awful 2020-2021 campaign.

Just checked overall wins as well. UT 164, UK 174.

I imagine UK will be back in Maui when Cal is done coaching here.
Getting back in the Feast Week tournament scene is what I look forward to most when Cal is gone.

When was the last time under him we played in one of these? 2010-2011 when we went there and beat Washington and then got smashed by UConn?

I actually think that game sort of helped us later when we met UConn again. A few free throws our way in that Final Four and we beat them.

Did I say UT is better?

That wasn't a defense of Cal. That was a mocking of UT. Good for Barnes being the "winningest SEC coach" He's literally got ONE stinking SEC tourney title to show for it.

Getting back in the Feast Week tournament scene is what I look forward to most when Cal is gone.

When was the last time under him we played in one of these? 2010-2011 when we went there and beat Washington and then got smashed by UConn?

I actually think that game sort of helped us later when we met UConn again. A few free throws our way in that Final Four and we beat them.
Maybe it’s since 2019. So many different coaches and teams own Cal right now, it’s hard to keep up.

Duke flopping all over the place. I'm sick of it. Even one of the commentators suggested the kid hadn't taken a drama class yet.

• Haha
Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Your math is terrible. Since the start of the 2017-18 season. Barnes has 147 wins and Cal has 144 wins. They just showed this stat during the Purdue TN game as well.

You said 2017. That includes the season UK went 32 and 6.

Why are we arbitrarily starting then?

Let's do it since Barnes has been at UT.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT