ADVERTISEMENT

••OFFICIAL KENTUCKY VS GEORGIA GAME THREAD••

It can definitely be done. It just makes it harder.

There's been a bunch of highly seeded teams that have had great offenses/poor defenses or vice versa. Most of them tend to fail

True. And I would like the defense to get better.. but this game tonight tells me nothing really.

And as for those other teams.. the vast majority had really good players, but maybe not elite talent like we have. There will come a time in DJ/BigZ/Sheps/Dillys careers, where college guys will have no answer for them. Like if Booker put on a UK uniform right now, he's going to torch everyone.

Will that time start to come in a few years from now, or will it start to show this year.. like it did with guys like John Wall, AD, Cousins?

We have the talent to more or less tell teams "Score 100, or your losing". At some point THIS UK team isn't going to be stopped from getting whatever it wants offensively.

Reactions: The_Answer1313
First turnover for Tre.
Dilly missed jumper leads to a UGA dunk and another timeout by White. lol
:27 left Cats by 9.
Cats were in no hurry to get back and have been coasting for 10 mins.

Stupid azz TO's again and they need to improve this before March. Defense in the last 7 minutes has been inexcusable!

I see it brother, but on a night where the shots aren’t falling, you have to be able to at least show the other team down a bit.

Agreed. We cannot be bad both halves but if we are good one half it is pretty much lights out. We were good in first half. Bad in second half.

My point is an "off night" for this team is probably 85 points.

Reactions: grevey35
I do think some of this letting up on defense is to be expected when you're up 25 and it's played at such a fast pace, but it's still frustrating when this should have been a blowout win
I think a blowout win might have helped a little with our ranking on Monday. Instead of them saying "wow, they blew Georgia out and now they've that kid Z, they are cooking!", they're likely to say "okay, nice debut by Z, but not a good game at home against a Georgia team". It does matter how you finish.

I realize we give up more points because of our high number of possessions but letting Georgia get 100 in Rupp should be a wakeup call. Defense won't matter most nights but it will eventually matter

You just saw why Reed Shepard shouldn't be a starter. That was about as poor of a defensive effort as I have seen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT