ADVERTISEMENT

••OFFICIAL KENTUCKY VS GEORGIA GAME THREAD••

Reed and Reeves get beat 1 on 1 WAY too much. Reed makes up for a lot of it with heads-up plays off-the-ball but my god our on-ball defense is terrible. Bigs don't rotate well at all either especially Mitchell and Bradshaw

Reactions: RunninRichie
People need to realize Kentucky isn't playing College Basketball anymore. Again...we play one good half of defense and we aren't losing.

This is an NBA style. They are not worried about the other team scoring.

Instead look at blocks, steals, turnovers forced, points off turnovers...etc
I see it brother, but on a night where the shots aren’t falling, you have to be able to at least show the other team down a bit.

He has been cooked all game
Half Baked Yes GIF

Reactions: TriCountyCat
Not sure why anyone thinks Cal can fix this D. He didn't fix it the last two years and we got bounced early. Maybe he just decided to outscore his awful defense.

People need to realize Kentucky isn't playing College Basketball anymore. Again...we play one good half of defense and we aren't losing.

This is an NBA style. They are not worried about the other team scoring.

Instead look at blocks, steals, turnovers forced, points off turnovers...etc

Exactly.. create a college version of GSW. Those teams were just impossible to guard at their peak. How did you want it? Steph Shooting 3's, or Klay shooting them? How about KD who is unguardable on his own? Or Brilliant post player Dray? Or the 6th many Iguadala? Or the best bench in the league?

The only thing we dont really have here is a KD. We have everything else, just the lite version of GSW.

+14 on our season average as of right now.

Going to continue to lead the nation in scoring. Arizona was -14 on their season scoring average today.

Calipari is keeping his word and he's adapted. I applaud him.

Reactions: HagginHall1999
I'm lost on why we have a 7 footer on the floor, with no foul trouble, and our PF/SF are collapsing inside with a team that has to shoot 3 point shots

These guys got to cocky and Georgia didn't stop driving it, refs and 3 technical fouls has turned this game into a close win.

Reactions: BC_Wader
Reed shoot the damn ball. He passed up two shot with 5 and 2 seconds left on shot clock.

Zero defensive adjustments by Cal.

Opponemts scoring on the same inbounds play 3 times is on the coach.

Opponents driving at will while our big is sealed off with no adjustment, is on the coach.

A fantastic 1st half and great debut by Z…

But Cal still can’t coach.
I’ve been saying Cal needs to stay out of the way.

He will find a way to screw this up. No doubt!

Reactions: KENTUCKY_FLYER
Exactly.. create a college version of GSW. Those teams were just impossible to guard at their peak. How did you want it? Steph Shooting 3's, or Klay shooting them? How about KD who is unguardable on his own? Or Brilliant post player Dray? Or the 6th many Iguadala? Or the best bench in the league?

The only thing we dont really have here is a KD. We have everything else, just the lite version of GSW.
that's great but we don't play a best of 7 tourney. 1 off night and we can't rely on defense.....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT